Thread: (Request) Help needed with external files

Default (Request) Help needed with external files

Hello

How can i add external models into the variant editor?
    I tried doing it like you do it with rome 2 and attila (copying the variant meshes with the tex folder into the data folder , but it wasn't working so far.
    The whole editor feels so different and maybe basic compared to the new ones so i can't figure it out at all, so i would be glad if someone explained it , i only want to add a helmet and nothing else so it should be
    somewhat simple hopefully .

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Default Re: (Request) Help needed with external files

You can put the variant_mesh files into the "working_data/variantmodels/" folder of the assembly kit. You also have to create new entries in the uniform_table in TWEAK with the exact name of the variant_file so that it appears in the Unit Editor.

But what do you mean with "external"? It might be possible that variant files from other games can't be loaded because the files are different.

Well by external i meant that it's from a rome 2 mod, a helmet that's originally not in the game, but it's both in my attila and rome assembly kit , so i tought that it might be possible to import it to shogun 2 also. So that's what i meant , a rome 2 file, technically it's from another game with almost the "same" editor.

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Well, most likely this won't work, because RomeII has a different skeleton for units then Shogun.