Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WIP 5.3 Fix Pack

Icon4 WIP 5.3 Fix Pack

This fix pack is a work in progress and will add various fixes to the mod. To use it, download it and place it in your data folder and make sure to "enable out of date mods." It will soon be added to the main mod as an update.

If you are using the Steam version, you need to remove the "@@" in the pack name so that it loads first.

Test pack - http://www.mediafire.com/download/17...OTE_53fix.pack

Fixes

- Added faction emblems and colors from Europa Perdita to increase compatibility. Thanks to them for letting us use them!
    - Fixed a battle crash with Axum elephant unit.
    - Changed Roman garrison units from Numerus to Cohors Limitaneorum.
    - Fixed starting vanilla White Hun javelin units having bow range.
    - Fixed Desert faction and Slav garrison sizes.
    - Fixed tier 1 town garrisons for Sassanids.
    - Added small garrisons for White huns if they settle.
    - Removed 2 errant units from Axum's roster.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: WIP 5.3 Fix Pack

Nice, +1 (again )

Heard you are making FotE to work with Europe Perdita, well i found something annoying when using both mods

There is annoying bug when used with Europe Perdita. On both Romans it shows you can establish more armies, but you still can't. Pressing button does nothing. With ERE it shows 7/10 while it is actually 7/6 when using only FotE. Might be in other factions aswell, but haven't checked with high imperium.
    EDIT: Possibly game breaking bug cause you cannot establish any new armies even if you delete all the old ones 0/10.
    Last edited by Jin-; April 04, 2016 at 09:52 PM.

Ooooh switch back to Limitanei, instant download, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jin- View Post
    Nice, +1 (again )

Heard you are making FotE to work with Europe Perdita, well i found something annoying when using both mods

There is annoying bug when used with Europe Perdita. On both Romans it shows you can establish more armies, but you still can't. Pressing button does nothing. With ERE it shows 7/10 while it is actually 7/6 when using only FotE. Might be in other factions aswell, but haven't checked with high imperium.
    EDIT: Possibly game breaking bug cause you cannot establish any new armies even if you delete all the old ones 0/10.
    We haven't changed anything with the fame_level table, I know EP has but it looks like their army caps are set to vanilla. Are you sure you aren't using any other mods?

Yep, we've only changed the number of governors allowed in that table, and I can't replicate the issue Jin's having.

Oh also Dresden, you should add the rest of the faction emblems and colors we've added to EP in 0.35. All the playable factions should have new ones now.
    Last edited by Augustusng; April 05, 2016 at 04:24 PM.

Oh ok, I...think I was using the steam version. I will add them.

It was the combat mod i was using. RIP me, need to delete those tables from the combat mods which conflict with FotE.

Thanks guys for your hard work. You make Attila still playable.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hi Dresden, just to report my experience with FotE 5.3 + EP 0.35 (and Slower battles, No forced march).

The current garrisons for the Romans (town level I: 4 Lanciarii Limitanei, 3 Cohortes Limitanei, 3 Sagittari) make defence against Eastern factions (Mazun, Makran, Bani Lakhm, Sassanids) very easy. They attack with mainly ranged units and they have no chance to get into the town. You just put one LL at the entrance.

Apart from playing battles, in general, the ERE/WRE life seems to easy. The AI WRE in 20 turns lost only two provinces in Africa to Gaetulians, and two provinces in the north - but only to the Roman rebels. Everybody is in the state of war with WRE and ERE, but nobody attacks. Maybe it's the effect of the garrisons?

It's on Hard difficulty, maybe Very Hard would change it?

mmm i have a different experience with WRE (using Fote 5.3 and EP 035 but with the addition of the better AI mod) while playing as ERE (hard) the western empire did okay the first 60-70 turns, managing to hold most provinces and even able to capture a few in Germania, however as the Huns moved into pannonia with around 4-5 stacks WRE lost several armies and settlements that were conquered by germanic factions taking advantage of the chaos. In gaul the situation got worse because a celtic faction managed to conquer all of britain and started an agressive campaign to obtain central gaul while the Franks and Saxons took the northern provinces. Africa was overwhelmed by the Garamantes as the Ai was unable to fight in 4 fronts at once (Italy, Pannonia, Gaul and Africa). Im right now on turn 180 and WRE is confined so Hispania and the western mediterranean Islands, southern Italy fell to usurpers and Rome has been conquered by two frankish armies.

The map right now (turn 180) looks like this:

As you can see i have started the reconquest of the western empire territories that were lost. Also does anyone know how the client state system works? given that WRE likes me and i offer it a lot of money (over 300000) but it refuses my proposal.

The marcomanni seems to be recruiting balanced armies at this point

However the Sassanids still retain their early armies.

My recommendation is to remake their technology tree and not tie up their units to tecnological progression but to a barracks system, similar to what you did with the romans.
    Last edited by juanplay; April 15, 2016 at 09:52 PM.

Playing at very hard as WRE I'm having to deal with this every turn.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The same happened at Argentoratum when the Alamani attacked... Julian must be rolling in his grave. I'm also about to lose Eboracum as well.

Just wait until Attila shows up in 420 and the Western Empire will collapse like the house of cards it is.

Most of the Campaigns I have played modded or not WRE usually backs up into Spain or is crushed

Very interesting variety of barbarian kingdoms though

New units Cards for WRE? I dont think I have seen those before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuked92 View Post
    Playing at very hard as WRE I'm having to deal with this every turn.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The same happened at Argentoratum when the Alamani attacked... Julian must be rolling in his grave. I'm also about to lose Eboracum as well.

Just wait until Attila shows up in 420 and the Western Empire will collapse like the house of cards it is.

Quote Originally Posted by bohema View Post
    New units Cards for WRE? I dont think I have seen those before.
    It's from this mod.
    The guy who used to test DeI and FotE on Mac.

Bumping.This should really be included in the downloads thread

Yeah, I need to update the mod but I am debating on the White huns issue - if we keep them being able settle, I need to change the startpos so they can properly attack after settling. Which causes lots of compatibility issues with other mods. Or we make them not be able to settle, which I am not sure how save compatible that is.

Also I am sort of holding out until we get some more news about this new DLC possibly coming out. I am not sure if its for Attila or not, but it will mean this mod needs to get updated and fixed. We may also have some work going on with Nords/Celts but I can't promise anything yet.
    Last edited by Dresden; June 19, 2017 at 07:30 PM.

I'll be allowing the White Huns to settle in the next update to EP, so that's a compromise-fix of sorts.

Great news! And I wish that new possible DLC for Attila doesn't cause many troubles to the mods respect its updates.
    Last edited by Rampante-Cid; June 20, 2017 at 04:32 AM.

I love FOTE and can't wait to play it again, should it get updated, and especially if it overhauls nordic factions at last. Despite some stupid combat mechanics, Attila is still extremely enjoyable to me. \o/

me too i love the game along with this excellent mod...and i can`t wait for the next update...frankly Along with FotE, Europa Perdida Also add some flavor to the game

Proud To Be Orthodox Christian

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

So have things been updated yet, or?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast