Thread: video input out of range

LoZz's Avatar who are you?

Default video input out of range

i lent the game to my little brother, last week it worked fine, this week he has tried, and he gets this error.

"video input out of range", then the monitor dies and he can only fix it by restarting his pc.

it only happens in the battle map, not the campagn map and it happens everytime as it trys to load the battle map.

ive gone into the settings and check what res its set at and its correct for his monitor he has an ati card and the monitor can only handle 1024x768

Default Re: video input out of range

Same problem here, out of range error only when one enters the battlefield map! both my video card (radeon 9600 series) and my screen work best at that screen res u just sed, my refresh rate is 60 hertz (even my override.)
    would appreciate help from this unresponseful forum!

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

If any of us had the answers we would indeed respond. Everybody talks about graphics cards. Is your monitor rated for the resolution? Especially on 32 bit? Going from 16 bit to 32 bit can drop you a couple of resolutions and maybe the game doesn't go that low.

oh noes, i fix one problem and another one is created. I dled the latest ATI catalyst (new driver included?), i played round with the settings and eventually got the battles to work. im not sure if it was the new settings or that my previous driver was faulty.
    however, when ive played for about half an hour my screen just goes black loses signal, my comp has never overheated b4, could it be the power supply?
    btw, ty for replying, much appreciated!

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

If it is your power supply, it would shut down your computer as well as the monitor. Out of curiosity, are you running xp or vista? The first thing I do in the operating system is turn off all power-saving switches. I don't need this thing going into standby mode from lack of mouse or keyboard movement. Almost all are on a preset idle time, mouse or keyboard, not the cpu crunching numbers for a game, spreadsheet, downloads, etc. I have lost long winded games on slower computers before when this feature was installed by default and not bothering to inform me until too late.