Thread: Bribery Cost Calculations

Default Bribery Cost Calculations

I couldn't seem to find this info anywhere, so I've decided to do some work to figure it out myself. So far I have the following data:

{bribe cost} = 2 * {EDR recruit cost} / {starting unit size} * {current unit size} * (1 + .2 * {unit experience}) * ({unit can join player's faction} ? 2 : 1) * ({unit can join slave faction} ? 1 : 2)

The presence of a fort, level of weapon and armor upgrades, and the Influence of the diplomat have no effect on the cost of bribery.

Going off of this, bribing becomes more powerful the more units are able to be in the Slave faction, and the closer Recruitment costs are relative to Upkeep costs in the mod being played
    Last edited by Ventos Mustel; April 02, 2016 at 01:26 PM.

Default Re: Bribery Cost Calculations

Quite useful but what makes you say upkeep is relevant?

The same mechanics seem to work for settlements btw, possibly slightly shifted variables - mostly I'd like to know how generals and FM are calculated, I have a suspicion the mod in question has a lot of cheaper generals to bribe due to the units being treated as "free" and it thus only being the family member. But that be just speculation.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

The smaller the ratio between recruitment cost and upkeep, the cheaper it is to bribe someone else's units relative to how much they invested in bringing said units to the front line

Ah, I was so fixed on the actual bribing amounts I did not realize you spoke of cost effectiveness^^ Indeed.
    A mention might be worth of diplomats having traits that can reduce bribing costs and that any agents skill = more expensive to be bribed.

( FLeaders and FHeirs can't be bribed, nor priests/imams cuz dey holy - nor anything they are thus embedded in2 )

I prefer when units cannot join as it's usually 4x as expensive to have em join me, bribes are more often to get things out of me way
    Last edited by Mithridate; April 02, 2016 at 03:47 PM.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Ah, I wasn't aware of the priestly immunity. Very interesting

StOuFf's Avatar Protector Domesticus

take some rep for this