Thread: Rome II

Default Rome II

Hey guys,

Firstly, I think this is an amazing mod. Great job.

My question now is will the mod have a Rome II version?

Cheers

Default Re: Rome II

"oooOOoooooooooo somebody is posting in the EoD forum! How exciting!" was my thought this morning as I browsed the TWC and saw this post.

While obviously the Creators (Hallie and Mak) would be the ones to give the true and proper answer, my guess is probably not. My own guess be that there's no reason to do all the hundreds of hours of work needed to make a Rome II mod since that game/engine doesn't really do anything substantially better than Rome I (in fact, I'd still be inclined to argue that good ol' trusty RTW remains a better game)!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

I don't know how good (or bad) Rome II is but we put a lot of work into getting the atmosphere of EoD the way we wanted it and I don't think we could make it better in Rome II.

There was talk years ago of porting to Med II, I forget who said he was going to do it but he never came back. I think given the period/setting that would have been worth doing, but by that time myself and Mak had moved on to other projects.

Glad you enjoy the work. Did you try EoD II?. I thought II was a better mod though EoD I is still my twisted first born...

You know what Halie. This mod right is one of my favourites of all time. It has *just* the right amount of lore and foreboding mixed in to make it great! It'll always have a special place, somewhere on one of my external storage devices.
    My A-list of mods to play
    Lord of the Rings total war
    Thera Legacy of the Great Torment
    End of Days and its sequel
    Third Age total war, similar to Lord of the rings total war
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP
    Bringing the light of God(Canadian) Emperor to the fringes of TWC

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

A'yup. We wanted to add something darker so the player would get that sense of foreboding, an unknown power rising in distant lands. I think we got what we aimed for.

Glad you enjoyed the mod, sorry for the late replay.