Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELLENIKA - Italian Translation Project

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Default HELLENIKA - Italian Translation Project

Hello all,

I contacted today Admiral Nelson to discuss an italian Language adaption of your great mod. I would make this for my needs of player and also because of the hard work put into this mod of some friends here, LordBuio, TenerifeBoy for example.

I explored a bit the text section today and what I would ask to the Hellenika team is, if possible, a clear advice about which are the custom new entries we have to translate.

I'm aware that for DeI Languages adaption was made an english generical text file to be used by translators' teams.

It would be very nice and helpful to have something like this.

It would be a pleasure for us to support this fine and interesting mod with our local Language adaption.

Thank you

Default Re: HELLENIKA - Italian Translation Project

Hi you are indeed right, when we started Hellenika we didnt care that much for texts and we were just writting ontop of the vanilla tables. We could not expect that the project would grow so much in size.. The problem we created was a messy environment for texts were if you dont know what to search it is a pain to figure out what to change.. I plan to shorten them out a bit so translation project to become easy but if you are in a hurry then start by changing all named tables (like WoSPP_land_units) and from the vanilla tables just go to section of WoS (Pel_....) . If not in hurry i think after few days or rest i can start a shape up in the texts to be easily changed and translated.
    Cheers

Thanks for your fast reply mate, I understand clearly this problem you stated. No hurry for sure, we would make a good job and as all good jobs, time is necessary (and same is necessary time for resting!).

I will start asap to take a look at the entries following your advices:

WoSPP_land_units

are the easier one to find.

But yes, anyway a future core text file for all translators will help them, players and your mod to grow and be fully supported also in the Language section

There are many more easilly located. I will start recording those and for the trickier parts will have to redo. OK then its a deal. Keep an eye here.

I will stay tuned here, once I will see how many we will be to do concretely the job, I'll start

I speak the Sicilian dialect but am pretty fluent in general Italian as well. If I can lend a hand let me know!

Hello Massicio2, feel free to grab a section from Hellenika1 pack and start the translation. You could start with a small part you are interested to translate; simply report here which one exactly

Meanwhile I prepared a first little tsv file with units names and descriptions; Pentacontarca is in contact with me and he asked to translate more than I was assigning to him; now he is translating these sections entirely:

WoSPP_land_units.loc

WoSPP_unit_description_short_texts.loc

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

First thanks for your plans! Contact me when you get to the Persian units, they are a bit confusing in the db, because I orginally made them in a different way from the greeks.

Hello Linke and thanks for your appreciation!

are there the entries we should focus on for Persian units?

Persia_land_units.loc

Persia_unit_description_short_texts.loc

if you confirm it, I will take care of these units meanwhile Pentacontarca works on these other loc files previously reported

Tonight i will post many tables easily changeable. I just need to return from work to my home pc. Probably will have some free time tonight to do it.Cheers

Perfect, in case I will integrate into your official file the translations once I will have some of them ready.

My purpose would be to have first, a file with ALL the entries modified/added to this mod and release the ITP pack with them.

At first release not all will be translated, but italian players will be able to play without changing Language option.

they will read mainly still english entries.

Then, step by step, meanwhile work proceeds, translated entries will be ech time more and more until we cover all the mod.

Great plan. . That way i will gain some time to fix the text mess we are having..

yeah!

but as said to Linke now, if you still need some time to work on main mod we can wait for translation and meanwhile work on this little bunch of entries (persian and greek units). Just take all the time.

We remain here ready

Here is some texts easily distinguishable. A pack file of the named Hellenika tables contaiing onlt texts used by the mod (HERE)

I will try to sort out the rest which are hiding inside vanilla tables and post them seperately.

PErfect, I collected right now these single sections in one single tsv filewhere I've separated the entries now under Pentacontarca's attention and my attention (persian names and descriptions reported by Linke in a pvt mail he sent me hours ago).

It's already lot of work, even if many entries do not need a translation

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

If you need any help with my unit descriptions and the style, just ask me here, I also speak a little Italian
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Sorry for not being here again to report news. I'm at now busy with new units I made for Radious, which will be my very last ones. Once I'm retired I will be able to work better on this front. Meanwhile the oly thing I can report for sure is that Pentacontarca is ranslating some entries I sent him days ago.

Mausolos of Caria, thank you. when it will be time to force this path of ITP I will consider your generous help.

It will be not a fast work but I'm determined to complete this path.

AnimaMea's Avatar Miles

Very much looking forward to this! Una gran' scusa per giocare ED imparare
    Last edited by AnimaMea; June 03, 2016 at 04:22 PM.

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

No any news for this project?
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

I love this mod ...
    the italian translation is a good idea !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast