Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Azeroth Total War

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Default Re: Azeroth Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder
    Ideally you'd have them only as a garrison unit, same with most of the similarly garbage, 'last ditch' units. You could get rid of them, but only if you did the same for peasants etc.
    Allright I get it, but I think it makes little sense to have any garbage (well put) units at all. Ofcourse there can be different points of view and it depends on your personal approach but in my opinion units such as peons, or peasants for humans, are not necessary. Otherwise I like most of your ideas for different rosters. Good names for the units there aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by jim501
    Why dont you post an orc roster you would like t see and give ideas ?
    I might do that, but I really like most of Pathfinder's ideas. I could perhaps only add that specific factions, like the Warsongs or Durotar, could also have some unique units for example Warsong Outriders or Orgrimmar Guard.

I would actually love to contribute more to this mod, but I can't do it now. Have my own mod that is my first priority and not enough free time to do much for this one. Maybe in the future when I have more time and this mod is developing, then I could do something helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    I might do that, but I really like most of Pathfinder's ideas. I could perhaps only add that specific factions, like the Warsongs or Durotar, could also have some unique units for example Warsong Outriders or Orgrimmar Guard.

I would actually love to contribute more to this mod, but I can't do it now. Have my own mod that is my first priority and not enough free time to do much for this one. Maybe in the future when I have more time and this mod is developing, then I could do something helpful.
    Ok,I would like to as well, but I have studies for now and not enough time to learn to mod (i know nothing ).
    Out of curiocity, what mod are you making ?
    Last edited by jim501; May 13, 2016 at 01:45 PM.

Out of curiocity, what mod are you making ?
    Faerun, link is in my signature.

Faerun, link is in my signature.
    Ah, I remember.
    I had seen it some time ago.

I've made a (incomplete) draft for the Forsaken faction. The draft is based around

My idea is to mix the lore with the actual content of WoW and WC3, aswell as giving nods to the players own experiences ingame.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Missiles

Foraging Party
    Shortbow

Description
    All armies field foraging parties to bring the surrounding food and necessary resources to support the main host, and the Forsaken armies are no exception. Though the undead do not require much food to sustain themselves or firewood to keep their warmth, the forests of Lordaeron contain many other resources that can be of use. Venoms, poisons and chemicals from the plants and critters of the forest are a vital part of the Forsaken war effort and the Royal Apothecarium could not retain its vile experiments without the employment of these foraging parties. The foragers themselves have great knowledge of the effects of these resources and use them to coat their arrows with poison that may fell even the strongest of enemies. They are however virtually unarmored and no match for charging cavalry.

Crossbow Levy
    Standard Crossbow

Description
    For the Forsaken, the crossbow offers many advantages over the bow. Firstly, the penetrative strength of the crossbow is greatly superior, leaving the heavily armoured foes who surround them vulnerable to missiles. Secondly the crossbow requires far less training and experience to use, making it a dangerous weapon even in the hands of the common rabble. And thirdly, allows for a powerful, precise and long range shot, even by the lesser soldiers. The crossbow is, as always, slow to reload, and make the men ripe targets for fast moving enemies.

Apothecaries
    Mayan Beehive Type Unit
    Description
    The forsaken are renowned for their unethical experiments and development of foul weapons to be used in the field. This is mainly the work of the Royal Apothecary Society, a society of alchemists and engineers hellbent on orchestrating the most vicious and destructive tools of war possible. Though they mostly fight their wars in the laboratory, some apothecaries take to the field, to test their newest chemical compounds and study their enemies – dead and alive. These units are often best left out of the main engangement, flinging jars of caustic acids and poisonous chemicals on their foes.

Dismounted Banshee Rangers
    Longbow

Description
    Even though the dread Queen Sylvanas Windrunner now has a kingdom to run, warfare and combat has become no stranger to her. Ruled by the dead, the forests and hills of Tirisfal and the Plaguelands still need ranging, and using her expertise as former ranger general of Quel’Thalas to form the Banshee Ranger Regiment was a self-explanatory move. Taking inspiration from the tactics and skills of the High Elves, these fast moving units use a long range bow along with studded leather armour and a cloak to help them camouflage among the trees. Should they be enganged, they also are trained to defend themselves with their fast, curved swords.

Tarren Mill Sniper
    Musket
    Can hide anywhere
    Requires Tarren Mill

Description

The petty standoff between the forsaken of Tarren Mill and the humans of South Shore has led to drastic measures and a great many travesties. The Forsaken of Tarren Mill has created a small guerilla force to terrorize the inhabitants of South Shore, picking off men, women and children alike with their long range muskets. Although few in numbers and lightly armoured, these units have great range and can hide themselves in any terrain, making them very powerful ambushers.

Corrosion Squad
    Greek Fire Thrower (Green missile recolor)
    Requires Undercity

Description
    Fighting the Forsaken in the field is a horrible ordeal for anyone involved. Their undead nature and lack of both of ethics and honor make them prone to the most dreadful tactics, and they rarely offer quarter for a conquered foe. The best example of this would be the Corrosion Squad. Developed, trained and fielded by the Royal Apothecarium themselves, these units use a small, handheld pump connected to a tank of extremely corrosive acid that pierces the even the thickest armor and obliterates the man beneath it. Even the most fanatical knights of the Scarlet Crusade trembles at the thought of disappearing in these troops corrosive clouds.

Arbalest
    Long Range Crossbow

Description
    Calling the arbalest a crossbow is really quite offensive to the instrument, when it in reality is more like a lesser ballista. Heavy, and slow to reload, these magnificent weapons fire huge bolts able to penetrate anything but a castle wall at an amazing range. Like the crossbow, it requires little training to master, and is extremely prescise. Even the heaviest knights would do well to think twice before moving into the range of the men wielding these.

Description
    The Forsaken have no official knightly orders, even though knights made up a fair part of the former Lordaeron armies. Instead, the forsaken employ free riders; men who own horse, armor and weapons, but not necessarily lands, titles and honor. Consisting of scavengers, adventurers, mercenaries and those who were lucky enough to find or even raise their own horse, the free riders does not fight under the banner of any great house or order, but rally to Sylvanas when she requires their assistances. Their skeletal horses are suprisingly fearless in combat, remaining calm even in close quarters with enemies, and the men riding them are often experinced, but lack formal training. These medium cavalry are perhaps not the most professional, but they are effective nonetheless.

Defiler Cavalry
    Light Cav

Description
    None yet.

Dreadguard Deathchargers
    Heavy cav

Description
    The Dreadguard Deathchargers is probably one of the only truly professional cavalry units in the forsaken armies. Their massive skeletal steeds, the deathchargers, are perhaps one of sole reasons why this unit is so successful in the field. These juggernaut mounts may be among the slower horses in Azeroth, but they are indeed a destructive force when they lay the entirety of their weight into a charge. Though their name is derived from the mounts, the riders themselves are a force to be reckoned with aswell, and can handle combat in close quarters after the primary charge.

Lordaeron Rangers
    Mounted Longbow

Description
    None yet.

Dreadguard Dragoons
    Mounted Musket

Description
    None yet.

Forsaken Rabble
    Peasant Unit

Description:
    The forsaken rabble is a combined force of peasants and commoners lacking formal military training. These men are not among the strongest, on the contrary, they are easily cut through by most enemies. However, they are zealous in their effort, and if well led and supported, might make excellent cannonfodder to shield the more valuable units from cavalry charges and archer fire.

Tirisfal Pikemen
    Pikemen

Description
    Though the forsaken may have retained their mind and intelligence in undeath, their bodies are not what they once was. Fragile bones and reduced muscle strength are but a few of the downsides of their cursed lives. The main forces of forsaken therefore utilize pike weapons, allowing the enemies to impale themselves upon the tips of their 12-foot spears, saving them the hassle of killing. The individual forsaken soldier may be weak, but their phalanx is as tough as any.

Revenants
    Light Inf

Description
    Most forsaken maintain their physical form in undeath, and those who don’t are most often under the control of the Lich King. There are exceptions to this of course, as quite a few ghastly servants broke free broke free of Ner’Zuhls grasp before the traitorous king Arthas succeeded him as the Lich King. These Revenants now bolster the ranks of the forsaken, working as supporting infantry. Their prescence alone is enough to make even the bravest foes’ hairs stand on the arms, and are useful at scaring away flanking attacks… or frightening the enemy wings with their own flanking manouvers.

Plaguelands Veterans
    Heavily Armored Spearmen

Description
    “I’ll never stop hunting you, Arthas!”
    These very words were the last Sylvanas Windrunner spoke to King Arthas before he fled to Northrend with Kel’Thuzad to take the Crown of Ner’Zuhl and save himself from destruction. The Queen of the Forsaken was sure to keep her word, but lacking the initial forces to invade Northrend herself, she focused her efforts on reuniting Lordaeron and rooting out the remaining forces of the Scourge, whom still hold the majority of the settlements of The Plaguelands. The long lasting struggle against the mindless dead and the meddlesome fanatics of the Scarlet Crusade has led to a formidable amount of battlehardened veterans. Using a shorter spear for mobility and heavy armour for protection, these units form an almost impenetrable phalanx, to defend themselves against the scores of enemies they have been forced to fight throughout the years.

Bulwark Sentry
    Heavily Armored Pikemen

Description
    Sworn defenders of the bulwark that guards Tirisfal from the wild Plaguelands to the west. These heavily armoured pikemen keep a keen eye on the pass that separates the realm of The Forsaken from the untamed Plaguelands to the west, and is one of the main reasons why the defence of Tirisfal has remained a success story. Like their lesser pike brethren, these men let their enemies mindlessly throw themselves at their spears, while faster units flank around to pin them down.

Abomination
    Monstrous infantry

Description
    “That thing looks like it was sown together from multiple bodies.”
    Jaina Proudmoore has a keen eye, and truly saw the abomination of the Scourge for what it was when she first encountered it. A horrific flesh golem, towering over the battlefield, mindlessly butchering and maiming. The Forsaken was quick to adapt the Abomination into their ranks when they declared their independence, as the Royal Apothecary Society created a more intelligent and sentient version of the horror - leaving it as a functional individual, not just an empty shell for the Lich King to control. Even so, the Abominations of the Forsaken are just as powerful, fearless and terrifying as the monstrosities fielded by the Scourge.

Dreadguard
    Halberd

Description

The Royal Forces of Sylvanas herself and defenders of the Undercity. The Dreadguard are mostly compromised of those who were elite soldiers in their past lives and who was lucky enough to keep a relatively healthy body in their afterlife. These men are not as frail as their brethren in undeath, wielding huge Halberds and full plate armour. They can also fall into a spearwall formation, raising their halberds in front of them to defend themselves from charging enemies.

Music suggestions extracted from these playlists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDGH...ckAhrfBFvIIiGV
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dttG...170D5B9A09118A

Menu
    A Call to Arms
    Shaping of the World
    Echoes of the Past

Battle Initiation
    Legends of Azeroth
    The Burning Legion Main Title

Battle Tension
    Evil Forest Day
    Evil Forest Night
    Mystery 1-10

Battle Movement
    Battle 02
    Battle 04
    Battle 06
    PvP 1
    PvP 3
    PvP 4
    PvP 5

Battle Engangement
    Battle 01
    Battle 03
    PvP 2

Horde culture campaign
    Barrens Day
    Barrens Night
    Plains Night
    Plains Day
    Thunderbluff
    Orgrimmar

Elf Culture Campaign
    Lament of the Highborne
    The Sindorei
    Outland Suite
    Silvermoon City

Alliance Culture Campaign
    Magic Moment
    Sacred 01
    Sacred 02
    Forest Day
    Human Tavern
    Stormwind

Undead Culture Campaign
    Undead Tavern
    Undercity
    Swamp

Ancient Elf Culture Campaign
    Song of Elune
    Enchanted Forest
    Angelic
    Forest Night
    Temple of the Moon

Goblin Culture Campaign
    Fire Festival
    Darkmoon Faire
    Tavern Pirate

Troll Culture Campaign
    Voodoo
    Zul'Gurub
    Zul'Aman
    Stranglethorn Vale

Okay, I will give my idea for the Forsaken as well.

1)I dont know if Forsaken have warlocks or necromancers in numbers within their ranks, so anyone who knows tell me.
    2) any units that I am not sure they fit are marked with (?)
    3) The names are awfully plain again, I know, but this is more descriptive to give suggestions and ideas and fancy names can be thought up later.

FORSAKEN

Deathguard troopers
    -medium infantry, chainmail, half-plate armor, shields and swords

Deathguard spearmen
    -
    medium infantry, large tower shields and long spears.

Deathguard halbers
    -medium infantry, pole unit

Dreadguard
    -Heavy infantry unit, full plate armor, shields and swords, royal guard to Sylvanas

Deathstalkers (?)
    -undead assasins, dual daggers, light armor, heavy damage

Abominations
    -
    monster unit

RANGED

Forsaken archers
    -mid armor ranged unit

Forsaken crossbowmen

Apothecaries
    -throw poison vials, aoe damage.

Dark Rangers
    -heavy armor ranged unit, equal melee damage dealer

Cavalry
    Skeletal riders
    -low armor unit, riding skeletal horse

Forsaken heavy riders
    -barded warhorses, heavy armored unit, lances

MAGIC

Mage
    -arane spellcaster

Warlock (?)
    -demonic spellcaster, demon pet

necromancer (?)
    -skeleton pets

Priest of the Forgotten Shadow (shadow priest)
    -uses shadow magic

ARTILLERY

Forsaken catapult
    meat wagon
    ballista
    mangonel(?)

AGENTS

spy : spymaster
    priest: priest of the forgotten shadow
    assasin: deathstalker

Last edited by jim501; May 17, 2016 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Molochwalker View Post
    I've made a (incomplete) draft for the Forsaken faction. The draft is based around

My idea is to mix the lore with the actual content of WoW and WC3, aswell as giving nods to the players own experiences ingame.

Missiles

Foraging Party
    Shortbow

Description
    All armies field foraging parties to bring the surrounding food and necessary resources to support the main host, and the Forsaken armies are no exception. Though the undead do not require much food to sustain themselves or firewood to keep their warmth, the forests of Lordaeron contain many other resources that can be of use. Venoms, poisons and chemicals from the plants and critters of the forest are a vital part of the Forsaken war effort and the Royal Apothecarium could not retain its vile experiments without the employment of these foraging parties. The foragers themselves have great knowledge of the effects of these resources and use them to coat their arrows with poison that may fell even the strongest of enemies. They are however virtually unarmored and no match for charging cavalry.

Crossbow Levy
    Standard Crossbow

Description
    For the Forsaken, the crossbow offers many advantages over the bow. Firstly, the penetrative strength of the crossbow is greatly superior, leaving the heavily armoured foes who surround them vulnerable to missiles. Secondly the crossbow requires far less training and experience to use, making it a dangerous weapon even in the hands of the common rabble. And thirdly, allows for a powerful, precise and long range shot, even by the lesser soldiers. The crossbow is, as always, slow to reload, and make the men ripe targets for fast moving enemies.

Apothecaries
    Mayan Beehive Type Unit
    Description
    The forsaken are renowned for their unethical experiments and development of foul weapons to be used in the field. This is mainly the work of the Royal Apothecary Society, a society of alchemists and engineers hellbent on orchestrating the most vicious and destructive tools of war possible. Though they mostly fight their wars in the laboratory, some apothecaries take to the field, to test their newest chemical compounds and study their enemies – dead and alive. These units are often best left out of the main engangement, flinging jars of caustic acids and poisonous chemicals on their foes.

Dismounted Banshee Rangers
    Longbow

Description
    Even though the dread Queen Sylvanas Windrunner now has a kingdom to run, warfare and combat has become no stranger to her. Ruled by the dead, the forests and hills of Tirisfal and the Plaguelands still need ranging, and using her expertise as former ranger general of Quel’Thalas to form the Banshee Ranger Regiment was a self-explanatory move. Taking inspiration from the tactics and skills of the High Elves, these fast moving units use a long range bow along with studded leather armour and a cloak to help them camouflage among the trees. Should they be enganged, they also are trained to defend themselves with their fast, curved swords.

Tarren Mill Sniper
    Musket
    Can hide anywhere
    Requires Tarren Mill

Description

The petty standoff between the forsaken of Tarren Mill and the humans of South Shore has led to drastic measures and a great many travesties. The Forsaken of Tarren Mill has created a small guerilla force to terrorize the inhabitants of South Shore, picking off men, women and children alike with their long range muskets. Although few in numbers and lightly armoured, these units have great range and can hide themselves in any terrain, making them very powerful ambushers.

Corrosion Squad
    Greek Fire Thrower (Green missile recolor)
    Requires Undercity

Description
    Fighting the Forsaken in the field is a horrible ordeal for anyone involved. Their undead nature and lack of both of ethics and honor make them prone to the most dreadful tactics, and they rarely offer quarter for a conquered foe. The best example of this would be the Corrosion Squad. Developed, trained and fielded by the Royal Apothecarium themselves, these units use a small, handheld pump connected to a tank of extremely corrosive acid that pierces the even the thickest armor and obliterates the man beneath it. Even the most fanatical knights of the Scarlet Crusade trembles at the thought of disappearing in these troops corrosive clouds.

Arbalest
    Long Range Crossbow

Description
    Calling the arbalest a crossbow is really quite offensive to the instrument, when it in reality is more like a lesser ballista. Heavy, and slow to reload, these magnificent weapons fire huge bolts able to penetrate anything but a castle wall at an amazing range. Like the crossbow, it requires little training to master, and is extremely prescise. Even the heaviest knights would do well to think twice before moving into the range of the men wielding these.

Description
    The Forsaken have no official knightly orders, even though knights made up a fair part of the former Lordaeron armies. Instead, the forsaken employ free riders; men who own horse, armor and weapons, but not necessarily lands, titles and honor. Consisting of scavengers, adventurers, mercenaries and those who were lucky enough to find or even raise their own horse, the free riders does not fight under the banner of any great house or order, but rally to Sylvanas when she requires their assistances. Their skeletal horses are suprisingly fearless in combat, remaining calm even in close quarters with enemies, and the men riding them are often experinced, but lack formal training. These medium cavalry are perhaps not the most professional, but they are effective nonetheless.

Defiler Cavalry
    Light Cav

Description
    None yet.

Dreadguard Deathchargers
    Heavy cav

Description
    The Dreadguard Deathchargers is probably one of the only truly professional cavalry units in the forsaken armies. Their massive skeletal steeds, the deathchargers, are perhaps one of sole reasons why this unit is so successful in the field. These juggernaut mounts may be among the slower horses in Azeroth, but they are indeed a destructive force when they lay the entirety of their weight into a charge. Though their name is derived from the mounts, the riders themselves are a force to be reckoned with aswell, and can handle combat in close quarters after the primary charge.

Lordaeron Rangers
    Mounted Longbow

Description
    None yet.

Dreadguard Dragoons
    Mounted Musket

Description
    None yet.

Forsaken Rabble
    Peasant Unit

Description:
    The forsaken rabble is a combined force of peasants and commoners lacking formal military training. These men are not among the strongest, on the contrary, they are easily cut through by most enemies. However, they are zealous in their effort, and if well led and supported, might make excellent cannonfodder to shield the more valuable units from cavalry charges and archer fire.

Tirisfal Pikemen
    Pikemen

Description
    Though the forsaken may have retained their mind and intelligence in undeath, their bodies are not what they once was. Fragile bones and reduced muscle strength are but a few of the downsides of their cursed lives. The main forces of forsaken therefore utilize pike weapons, allowing the enemies to impale themselves upon the tips of their 12-foot spears, saving them the hassle of killing. The individual forsaken soldier may be weak, but their phalanx is as tough as any.

Revenants
    Light Inf

Description
    Most forsaken maintain their physical form in undeath, and those who don’t are most often under the control of the Lich King. There are exceptions to this of course, as quite a few ghastly servants broke free broke free of Ner’Zuhls grasp before the traitorous king Arthas succeeded him as the Lich King. These Revenants now bolster the ranks of the forsaken, working as supporting infantry. Their prescence alone is enough to make even the bravest foes’ hairs stand on the arms, and are useful at scaring away flanking attacks… or frightening the enemy wings with their own flanking manouvers.

Plaguelands Veterans
    Heavily Armored Spearmen

Description
    “I’ll never stop hunting you, Arthas!”
    These very words were the last Sylvanas Windrunner spoke to King Arthas before he fled to Northrend with Kel’Thuzad to take the Crown of Ner’Zuhl and save himself from destruction. The Queen of the Forsaken was sure to keep her word, but lacking the initial forces to invade Northrend herself, she focused her efforts on reuniting Lordaeron and rooting out the remaining forces of the Scourge, whom still hold the majority of the settlements of The Plaguelands. The long lasting struggle against the mindless dead and the meddlesome fanatics of the Scarlet Crusade has led to a formidable amount of battlehardened veterans. Using a shorter spear for mobility and heavy armour for protection, these units form an almost impenetrable phalanx, to defend themselves against the scores of enemies they have been forced to fight throughout the years.

Bulwark Sentry
    Heavily Armored Pikemen

Description
    Sworn defenders of the bulwark that guards Tirisfal from the wild Plaguelands to the west. These heavily armoured pikemen keep a keen eye on the pass that separates the realm of The Forsaken from the untamed Plaguelands to the west, and is one of the main reasons why the defence of Tirisfal has remained a success story. Like their lesser pike brethren, these men let their enemies mindlessly throw themselves at their spears, while faster units flank around to pin them down.

Abomination
    Monstrous infantry

Description
    “That thing looks like it was sown together from multiple bodies.”
    Jaina Proudmoore has a keen eye, and truly saw the abomination of the Scourge for what it was when she first encountered it. A horrific flesh golem, towering over the battlefield, mindlessly butchering and maiming. The Forsaken was quick to adapt the Abomination into their ranks when they declared their independence, as the Royal Apothecary Society created a more intelligent and sentient version of the horror - leaving it as a functional individual, not just an empty shell for the Lich King to control. Even so, the Abominations of the Forsaken are just as powerful, fearless and terrifying as the monstrosities fielded by the Scourge.

Dreadguard
    Halberd

Description

The Royal Forces of Sylvanas herself and defenders of the Undercity. The Dreadguard are mostly compromised of those who were elite soldiers in their past lives and who was lucky enough to keep a relatively healthy body in their afterlife. These men are not as frail as their brethren in undeath, wielding huge Halberds and full plate armour. They can also fall into a spearwall formation, raising their halberds in front of them to defend themselves from charging enemies.

I like that roster a lot, the only thing I kinda disagree are the revenants which I dont recall the Forsaken ever having.
    And the descriptions certainly are more imaginative than my plain ones

I plan to replace revenants with just plain Defilers. Same role, no frighten enemy infantry.

how is the mod going?

Quote Originally Posted by Molochwalker View Post
    I plan to replace revenants with just plain Defilers. Same role, no frighten enemy infantry.
    Ok, I will post my idea for the Scourge roster tommorrow probably.
    I have fleshed them out better I think than the Forsaken.

EDIT:
    Well, here goes.

Scourge

MELEE

-ZOMBIES
    >mob,unarmored

Every fallen living beig is a soldier in the Scourge's ranks.
    Zombies are the lowest form of these ghastly undead servants
    Zombies are often brought to horrifying unlife to serve as frontline troops for the Lich King’s armies. Their bodies are in a suspended state of decay, their flesh perpetually sloughing away or peeling aside to reveal bone and desiccated organs. Slow moving and clumsy they are only a distraction until the more deadly servants of the Lord of the Dead reap havoc in the battlefield.

-SKELETONS
    >unarmored, sword and shields unit

Skeletons are mindless automatons of death, magical constructs made from the bones of the dead. Most skeletons are raised from battlefields and thus are often seen still clothed in rotting garments and rusting armor. A step above zombies, skeletons are able to still fight with the weapons they died clutching.

-UNDEAD WARRIORS
    >heavily armored, swords and shields

Comprising the bulk of the Lich King's army these undead are as dangerous in death as they were in their mortal lives. Once proud defenders of their homelands, these nercomantic minions clad in heavy armor and with rotting flesh all over their bodies have no purpose but to undo all life in Azeroth.

-EXECUTIONERS
    >heavily armored, 2 handed axes, armor piercing
    Clad in thick plate and wielding greataxes these warriors serve as the shock troops of the Scourge foot soldiers. Their ability to cleave through their mortal enemies and lack of sense make them an extremely dangerous force everyone in their path.

-GHOULS
    >unarmored, monster unit
    These lumbering, rotting corpses were once innocent townsfolk who have made the final transition into true undeath. Ghouls have great stamina and revel in combat with living beings. Unlike the warrirors, they possess no armor but their claws, teeth and the fear of their sight more than makes up for it.

-WIGHTS
    Resembling zombies, these creatures are even more horridly deformed and appear in larger sizes than regular undead foot troops. Their size and strength makes them excellent shock troops against enemy positions.

-PLAGUE ERUPTOR

Plague eruptors are the latest experiment of the Lich King, designed to spread horror and chaos across the world of the living. These walking corpses have quickly earned a reputation as the most destructive of the Scourge army: hyper-violent, incredibly strong, and deceptively fast. The most terrifying weapons in the eruptors' arsenal are the myriad pulsing nodules that dominate their rotting skin. It is from these nodules that the undead plague festers and bursts, insuring that wherever the eruptors go, they quickly spread the Lich King's apocalyptic contagion.

-ABOMINATIONS
    Abominations are twisted, mutilated undead creatures comprised of multiple dead limbs and body parts from many different corpses. They are enormous warriors, scarred by loose stitchings and putrid, open sores. They love to carve flesh and tear their enemies apart. The slow-moving and dull-witted abominations constantly drip blood and smell like disease-ridden slaughterhouses. They carry large cleavers into combat and wield various sickle-bladed hooks on their disproportionate limbs.

-BONE GOLEM
    Bone golems are deadly undead constructs made entirely of bones and fueled by ichor of undeath. They are one of the deadlier types of undead employed by the Scourge.
    Despite their rarity their ability to cleave through the heaviest of armors makes them valuable assets in the Scourge's arsenal.

-WARLORD'S GUARD
    >heavy armored unit, 2 handed greataxes/ axe and shield (?)
    The ancient race of the Vrykul after their thousand year slumber awakened in Northrend.
    Believing the Lich King to be a god of death, they have pledged their full loyalty to him.
    Now the Vrykul Warlords and their elite bodyguards clad in thier heaviest armor march into battle to crush the Lich King's enemies and earn a place alongside him.

-DEATH KNIGHTS

> heavy armor, 2 handed swords and axes
    Out of all the creatures and soldiers the Scourge posseses, the Death Knights are unquestionably its greatest assets. Clad in heavy armor, wielding rune weapons and ultilising necromantic magic they are the Sourge's answer to the Humans' Paladins and its greatest warriors.these dark champions possess unholy strength, however, they do not possess free will and their minds are inexorably entwined with and dominated by the Lich King's vast consciousness. Despite the heavy costs of free will, some powerful mortals are intrigued by the promise of immortality and pledge their souls freely into the Lich King's service to achieve it. As the Lich King's greatest champions they are found on the frontlines of battlefields leading their troops and instilling fear unto the hearts of all who gaze upon their unholy sight.

UNDEAD SPEARMAN(?)

UNDEAD HALBERDIERS(?)

ACROLYTES (?)

RANGED

-UNDEAD ARCHERS
    >
    unarmored ranged unit.Still with the knowledge to handle weapons like they used to in their mortal lives, these undead soldiers have taken up the bow to serve as the skirmishers of the vast Scourge army.

UNDEAD CROSSBOWMEN

CAVALRY

UNDEAD RIDERS

UNDEAD HEAVY RIDERS

MOUNTED DEATH KNIGHTS

CRYPT FIENDS
    The cunning crypt fiends were once the lords of the ancient spider kingdom of Azjol-Nerub that spanned the entirety of Northrend in ancient times. However, the crypt fiends' power base was destroyed by the Lich King, Ner'zhul, when he and his undead Scourge took control of the frozen continent. The Nerubians that had fallen in the war were resurrected as slaves for the Lich King's army. These reanimated insectoids became known as the crypt fiends because they still wear the tattered remains of the linens in which their corpses were mummified

CRYPT LORD
    These ancient, evil behemoths were once the mighty kings of the subterranean spider kingdom of Azjol-Nerub. Though the nerubians fell before the wrath of the Lich King during the fabled War of the Spider, the insidious crypt lords were swayed over to the Lich King's ranks and granted considerable power and the immortality of undeath. Now the giant, thundering beasts serve as the Lich King's mightiest warriors and the guardians of the Scourge's holdings in Northrend.

MAGIC

NECROMANCER
    Though they retained their Humanity after making a pact with death, Necromancers became the most terrifying agents of the Scourge. These dark, insidious men were once thought to be aspiring geniuses by the Magocracy of Dalaran. However, their insatiable lust to delve into the secrets of the dark arts drove them to forsake their very souls. Ner'zhul, the Lich King, granted these malevolent sorcerers true power over the dead in exchange for their loyalty and obedience. The shadowy Necromancers have the power to command various types of Undead and even spread the foul undead plague as well.

SKELETAL MAGES
    Of all the minions raised by necromances, there are those that in life were talented enough to master the arcane arts. These gifted undead now serve the Lich King as the spellcasters of his army using potent magic to rush thenemies of the Scourge.

BANSHEES
    Banshees created by the Scourge were once beautiful female high elves who fell before the power of the Scourge. Their restless spirits were left to wander the world in silent, tortured lamentation. Then, theLich King gathered them together and gave them terrible voices so that the living would finally hear their bitter anguish. Thus, the banshees have pledged themselves to Ner'zhul's cause and now serve as valuable agents of the Scourge

LICH
    Liches are powerful undead sorcerers who possess tremendous magical powers. Bound to the iron will of the Lich King, they mainly wield frost magic and necromantic spells.[1] Typically appearing as large, floating, skeletal figures wrapped in long robes, they are often found in high-ranking positions within the Scourge.

DARKFALLEN
    The Darkfallen is a race of vampiric undead blood elves, under the command of the Blood-Queen Lana'thel. They are a recent addition to the Scourge army, introduced after Arthas' second visit to Northrend. In the aftermath of the failed attack on the Frozen Throne by Illidan, the Lich King raised his fallen assaulters into powerful minions of his will. These elves, highly gifted in magic, formed the Darkfallen an elite sect of elven spellcasters that wreack havoc in the battlefield.

ARTILLERY

CATAPULT

MEAT WAGON
    One of the strangest and most dire tools utilized by the Scourge is the dreaded meat wagon. This rickety contraption is used to collect and store recently slain corpses from the field of battle so that it can fling the diseased corpses at enemy units with its crude catapult device.
    An invaluable support vehicle for the Scourge, the meat wagon strikes fear and woe into the hearts of even the most resolute defenders

BALLISTA

AGENTS

spy: shade
    assasin: cult assassin
    priest: cultist

Last edited by jim501; May 21, 2016 at 11:03 AM.

Nice work on the rosters there Jim. Sorry i've not been very responsive recently after next week i'll have more free time and will be working on the map again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrowmere View Post
    Nice work on the rosters there Jim. Sorry i've not been very responsive recently after next week i'll have more free time and will be working on the map again.
    Thanks.
    I was curious about some things actually.

1)In the religions you had listed "enlightment"
    What does this refer to exactly?

2)Are you sure about High elves as a faction ? By that time they lack both the manpower of a proper faction and a proper capital.
    You could include them in the Dalaran roster since the majoirty of them live in Dalaran lorewise.
    If you are concerned about faction balance, A) what about making the Forsaken independent like they initially were, or B) give the Wildhammers to the Alliance since they were pretty much allied by this point ?

Quote Originally Posted by jim501 View Post
    Thanks.
    I was curious about some things actually.

1)In the religions you had listed "enlightment"
    What does this refer to exactly?

2)Are you sure about High elves as a faction ? By that time they lack both the manpower of a proper faction and a proper capital.
    You could include them in the Dalaran roster since the majoirty of them live in Dalaran lorewise.
    If you are concerned about faction balance, A) what about making the Forsaken independent like they initially were, or B) give the Wildhammers to the Alliance since they were pretty much allied by this point ?
    Enlightenment is the religion or belief in progress through understanding (logic and magic) and will be used by Dalaran, High Elves, Theramore. Basically magic factions that don't really have established religions.

It's the choices i like. Two options for Elves (Three with nelf but they will be very different) on different standings. Much like there are three choices for Dwarves with different religions, allegiances and units. For Forsken although from Warcraft 3 it seems so odd the fact they end up with the horde i quite like what the Horde becomes:

"Misunderstood and cast aside, these diverse and powerful races strive to overcome their differences and unite as one in order to win freedom for their people and prosper in a land that has come to hate them."

unlike the Alliance

"Proud and noble, courageous and wise, these races work together to preserve order in Azeroth. The Alliance is driven by honor and tradition. Its rulers are champions of justice, hope, knowledge, and faith."

That said High Elves arn't set in stone they could be moved to units for dalaran roster if a better alliance race is suggested. Much like how i decided to replace centaur with Grimtotem on suggestion.

I think that Jim is right about the High Elves. Why to replace something that is just obsolete? Its not like the alliance will be any weaker without that faction being included. Do you really think you need to have 31 factions because that is the limit? I checked the faction list now you could have half the number of factions and make a really cool mod twice as fast (meaning still in this decade). You may think like its a great idea to have all this variety but in reality you are making the mod much more difficult to be completed as a result. Like why even to have Warsong and Fronstwolves separate from Durotar/Orgirimmar? They have no separate agendas really, they are sub-factions, clans. Warsongs are very close with Orgimmar, and Frostwolves are pretty small compared to Durotar. Besides, Durotar is the name of one region only and not the proper faction name. You can always add more factions later. Now I know what youre going to say, that this is your concept and you have given it a lot of thought, but that is not practical approach mate. Ofc I wish you all the best, but with so many factions (insane amount of work), this mod may never come to life - just like all previous WoW/Warcraft mods before it...

I think that Jim is right about the High Elves. Why to replace something that is just obsolete? Its not like the alliance will be any weaker without that faction being included. Do you really think you need to have 31 factions because that is the limit? I checked the faction list now you could have half the number of factions and make a really cool mod twice as fast (meaning still in this decade). You may think like its a great idea to have all this variety but in reality you are making the mod much more difficult to be completed as a result. Like why even to have Warsong and Fronstwolves separate from Durotar/Orgirimmar? They have no separate agendas really, they are sub-factions, clans. Warsongs are very close with Orgimmar, and Frostwolves are pretty small compared to Durotar. Besides, Durotar is the name of one region only and not the proper faction name. You can always add more factions later. Now I know what youre going to say, that this is your concept and you have given it a lot of thought, but that is not practical approach mate. Ofc I wish you all the best, but with so many factions (insane amount of work), this mod may never come to life - just like all previous WoW/Warcraft mods before it...
    I agree with this - the mod could be greatly compressed to fewer factions. This allows for better balance, more interesting units and half the work load. Seriously Darrow, you're doing so much yourself, you're going to burn out your interest in the mod. I don't think that losing factions such as the Wildhammer and Grimtotem Clan is going to affect the game too much.

Btw, I can start coding soundfiles for you as soon as you say the word. I was thinking we could use as much of the WC3 dialogue/unit speech as possible, but it won't be enough role - I'm going to have to look for usable recorded dialogue from WoW too and perhaps be open to the possibility to use some of the Vanilla soundtrack for certain agents and so forth.

I knew that i set the goals very high and i want to reach it but i have thought it might be better create a smaller more plausable faction list to work towards and keep the original as something to work on after version 1 is reached. I will put some thought into it and post a version 1 list later in the day.

Enlightenment is the religion or belief in progress through understanding (logic and magic) and will be used by Dalaran, High Elves, Theramore. Basically magic factions that don't really have established religions.

Ah ok then.

Although I think the factions you mentioned still have the Light as their religion.
    The blood elves worshipped the Light alongside humans even before the Third War, Theramore is made up of refugees from Lordaeron and Kul Tiras armies who also rever it and Dalaran as a human kingdom revered it as well.
    But it is your decision.

It's the choices i like. Two options for Elves (Three with nelf but they will be very different) on different standings. Much like there are three choices for Dwarves with different religions, allegiances and units.
    That said High Elves arn't set in stone they could be moved to units for dalaran roster if a better alliance race is suggested. Much like how i decided to replace centaur with Grimtotem on suggestion.
    Okay, I just suggested Wildhammers as a possible replacement since they were already friendly with the Alliance, have an army, and have their own capital.

I knew that i set the goals very high and i want to reach it but i have thought it might be better create a smaller more plausable faction list to work towards and keep the original as something to work on after version 1 is reached. I will put some thought into it and post a version 1 list later in the day.
    Yeah, first create a playable game - then maybe you'll get a team of skilled model workers working with you to improve on it, after they can witness that the game is actually going to happen.

Suggestions for the United Tauren Tribes, based on tribal profiles.

Strengths: The strongest hand-to-hand fighters in Azeroth. Makes good use of gunpowder weapons.
    Weaknesses: Lacking armor, numbers and missile units. Cavalry prone to running amok.

Missile

Description
    The youngest members of the Thunderhorn Tribes form the primary strikeforce of the Tauren armies. The braveling hunters primarily consists of Thunderhorn Tauren who are so young they cannot successfully enter direct combat. These young bravelings therefore use their experience with the hunting javelin on the plains of Kalimdor to harass the enemy before the main engangement.

Description
    Living a peaceful life in the tauren tribes is not shameful, but sometimes duty calls even for the pacifist. The Thunderhorn Hunters are fully grown tauren males who have little experience in combat, but who have hunted with the bow for many years. They may not be the most professional troops, and they certainly don’t hold up for long in close quarters, but their massive bow have an excellent range and cunningly they know how to place traps on the field.

Description
    The famous hunters of The Thunderhorn tribe was quick to adapt the gunpowder technology brought to Mulgore by the encroaching excavators of the Bael’Dun expedition. The musket was a welcome addition in the Tauren ranks as their bows lacked the armor penetration and their javelins lacked the range to allow them to be effective in their deployment of missile weapons. The musket gave them both deadly penetration and range while being an easy weapon to master. It is still slow and cumbersome to reload, however.
    Riderless Heavy Cavalry
    Frighten Nearby Infantry
    Bonus Fighting Cavalry
    Animals May Run Amok

Description
    The Kodo of the plains are generally a tranquil lot; simple herbivore reptiles that only wishes graze in peace. The Tauren often use the kodos as simple beasts of burden for their caravans, as most of the kodos are unfit for war. When it’s called upon, in desperate measures, the pack kodos are implemented into the ranks of the Tauren army as a stampeding force to be released upon the enemy. Most often the tauren lose control over this stampede themselves, and must be careful not to let the stampede affect their own troops.
    Bonus Fighting Cavalry
    Animals May Run Amok
    Armour Piercing
    Inspire Nearby Troops
    May Charge Without Orders

Description
    While the kodo mostly refrains from aggression, the bulls do not. The Beastmasters of the Bloodhoof Clan ride atop the young kodo bulls who have yet to sieze females and establish their own herd. The young bulls are viciously aggressive and eager to prove themselves, as the riders atop carry with them flasks of scents that is extracted from females in heat, to manipulate their mounts. The riders wield armour piercing javelins and pound war drums to inspire nearby allies, as they rush the enemy in a fearsome charge that often escalates to total chaos as the bulls may run completely amok.
    Bonus Fighting Cavalry
    Animals May Run Amok

Description
    The Kodo is easily startled and should for the most part avoid any close contact with any gunpowder weapons. However the most ancient matriarchs of the caravans are as calm as rocks, knowing full well that their humongous size and the numbers in their herds will deter most attackers. The kodo matriarchs therefore make excellent mobile artillery units, carrying small cannons on their backs able to quickly shift their positions to continually harass the enemy. They need no support to handle themselves in the open, but should be wary of enemy artillery firing back.
    Light Inf - Mace + Shield

Description
    The bravelings of the Bloodhoof Tribe are bands of adolescent tauren who have come of fighting age and are ready enter combat. The bravelings are not fully grown and lack the experience and wisdom of the elder taurens, often making them hotheaded and disorganized when entering battle. After stability in Mulgore was achieved with the help of the Orcs, The Bloodhoof experienced a population boom with many new, young members to fight for them. They are perhaps smaller than the fully grown tauren, but they are still larger and stronger than most military units in Azeroth.

Description
    The Highmountain Tribe, vanquishers of The Legion - a true veteran warrior society in the Tauren confederacy. Their track record involves many great feats, and they were among the few tribes present in the defense of the World Tree against Archimonde's invasion. Wielding shields and maces, the Braves of the Highmountain Tribe always stand ready to root out the evils that endanger the Earthmother's creation.
    Armor Piercing

Description
    The Ragetotem is renowned for their prowess in battle, as they are one of the few Tauren tribes who subscribe to aggression and warfare as their chosen path to resolving conflict and ensuring safety for their people. The Tauren tribal confederation makes great use of their impetuous and fearless warriors, who serve as shock troops in the Tauren army. They prefer mobility over armor, and wield large axes who may cleave lesser enemies in half. Though they may not be as wise or as calm as their counterparts in other tribes, they are vital to the Tauren war effort.
    Bonus Fighting Cavalry
    Excellent Morale

Description
    Mu’sha, commonly known as Elune, the left eye of the Earthmother, is a vital part of Tauren druidic lore. These units stem from the Wildmane and Runetotem Tribes – the two primary tribes seeking to reestablish the druidic orders of the Tauren. These units choose to wear mail armor along with large shields and long spears, in their quest to combat the centaur threat who still remain as a looming threat on the horizon to the West and even in Mulgore. They are calm and devout troops, who often serve as a last line of defense, or to support the infantry flanks in defeating cavalry.
    Frighten Nearby Enemy
    Armor Piercing

Description
    “The Tallstriders” is the denomination not only for the great flightless birds of the plains, but also for the largest individuals of the powerful and aggressive Ragetotem tribe. These soldiers are one of the few Tauren troops driven solely by rage and bloodlust. The Tallstriders are excellent shock troops, crushing men and mounts alike with their hooves and swing great totems that negates any armor. The Tallstriders can easily cut through most battle lines, but is not immune to sustained missile fire or isolation by elite enemies.
    Excellent Morale

Description
    Although most tauren gather their strength from the moon and the Earthmother, an intertribal Tauren warrior society has begun imbuing itself with the light of the sun. The Sunwalkers take inspiration from the Alliance paladins and follow the teachings of the holy light. These warriors are armored in gilded plate and wield an armour piercing mace with their huge shields. The sunwalkers are a formidable defensive force, and a single party is able to withstand a vast host of enemies on their own.
    Bonus Fighting Cavalry

Description

Wisdom and resolve are the primary virtues of most taurens, and the chieftains must be a prime examples of these virtues. To ensure that a chieftain does not succumb to the temptation of breaking these virtues, he surrounds himself with elite veteran warriors who have displayed them on the battlefield time and time again. The Chieftains Bodyguard are an unwavering band of loyal soldiers willing to sacrifice their life for their leader and their tribe. They are the chieftains closest associates and often provide him with council in times of peace.
    Bombard
    Grand Bombard
    Monster Bombard