Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Azeroth Total War

Default Re: Azeroth Total War

Oh they did? Well they are in for a treat *sarcasm*

I actually thought about cleaning up the page precisely to avoid this sort of situation. So much stuff there is outdated or doesn't even exist anymore. But at the same time I'd feel bad about deleting Moravexes' screenshots.

In any case, do you think it's best to delete the previous mod's download? And perhaps I'll keep the images of the old mod as homage to the work done before. I'll just add (old mod) to the titles so that people don't get confused.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post

I actually thought about cleaning up the page precisely to avoid this sort of situation. So much stuff there is outdated or doesn't even exist anymore. But at the same time I'd feel bad about deleting Moravexes' screenshots.

In any case, do you think it's best to delete the previous mod's download? And perhaps I'll keep the images of the old mod as homage to the work done before. I'll just add (old mod) to the titles so that people don't get confused.
    Sure thing, i kinda like the old pictures of the old models - the horses previewed looked great even though they were old vanilla models. And the units had a WC3 look to their body size.

Yes, or maybe not remove the old mod but archive it?

Then it will be written at the top it's "no longer supported and outdated".

As for Obesians mod it was an attempt to turn your mod based on WC3 into a WoW-mod - pretty much what Azeroth aims to be. It isn't the same setting as what your mod intended to be. As for updating the release-page one would feel like it, but still not - maybe we need to fix some campaign-work first.

Eoghan said he would be back after a pause - a release at the end of the summer perhaps? It could be possible.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 30, 2017 at 07:14 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Yeah, better add a disclaimer or something about the outdated images and files to avoid needless complaints in the modb comments.

Quote Originally Posted by jim501 View Post
    Yeah, better add a disclaimer or something about the outdated images and files to avoid needless complaints in the modb comments.
    Yes, exactly - i could see people about the vanilla units already .
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Allright, gonna try it tomorrow with the plug-in If it works I'll post some pictures again and you can discuss weither its better or not.
    Then I can go on with the other footman-units.

After that maybe I could change the music a little bit (as we discussed before) unless MrNygren didn't do it until then himself

And that's good news! Good to have TheHappyCrusader back in the dirty business of crafting a wc-mod

I agree with MrNygren regarding the moddb post. The surprise is best when not expected
    End of summer seems realistic to me but it depends on Eoghans work cause this project mostly stands and falls with his models.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Stormwind View Post
    Allright, gonna try it tomorrow with the plug-in If it works I'll post some pictures again and you can discuss weither its better or not.
    Then I can go on with the other footman-units.

After that maybe I could change the music a little bit (as we discussed before) unless MrNygren didn't do it until then himself

And that's good news! Good to have TheHappyCrusader back in the dirty business of crafting a wc-mod

I agree with MrNygren regarding the moddb post. The surprise is best when not expected
    End of summer seems realistic to me but it depends on Eoghans work cause this project mostly stands and falls with his models.
    I think if he wouldn't come back a Warcraft 1 mod could still be released by the end of summer - but if he comes back then it can be a Warcraft 3 one =).

I haven't touched the music no. You'll need to get the tracks yourself because i can't legally send them to you.

- The Havamal

Alright, i preview the models from Elder Scrolls that i think would suit a faction like Stromgarde. But remember that i am using an old computer so the models aren't in their full resolution - they look very good with a better graphics card!

Helmet and shoulderpads?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-05-01 03-30-17-296.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-01 03-30-30-965.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-01 03-30-34-100.jpg  

- The Havamal

I think the helmets and the shoulderpads would fit nicely with the rest of the footman equipment, and blending it together would result in an elite looking unit, which is what Stromgarde is lacking (Lordaeron has the royal guard, Stormwind has the vanguard, etc). Maybe Stromgardian Royal Guard? Stromgarde Troll Slayers? Veterans? Something like that

I think the helmets and the shoulderpads would fit nicely with the rest of the footman equipment, and blending it together would result in an elite looking unit, which is what Stromgarde is lacking (Lordaeron has the royal guard, Stormwind has the vanguard, etc). Maybe Stromgardian Royal Guard? Stromgarde Troll Slayers? Veterans? Something like that
    Stromgard Imperial Guard? Or would that be outdated?

Yes, i think they would work well on the human footmen bodies. Adding equipment shouldn't be too hard - i have learnt how to remove parts. Will try and learn how to add stuff.

- The Havamal

Yeah I don't think imperial in general applies to any human kingdom. Maybe only to the old Arathor empire.

Well then if you are going to try and do it, good luck, can't wait to see the result.

I'm working on the quotes right now, it's quite fun to research, although replacing all those Lotr quotes is a hassle. I'm putting in some easter eggs too.

Yeah I don't think imperial in general applies to any human kingdom. Maybe only to the old Arathor empire.

Well then if you are going to try and do it, good luck, can't wait to see the result.

I'm working on the quotes right now, it's quite fun to research, although replacing all those Lotr quotes is a hassle. I'm putting in some easter eggs too.
    Stromgard defenders were a good idea.

- The Havamal

What about naming the elite unit as "Arathor Guard" ? Sort of a callback to their ancient glory.
    Also the units you posted look really good !
    The appearance is very fitting and the colour hue quite good and realistic.

Arathor Guard or Guards of Arathor actually sounds like a nice compromise. There is after all in WoW a group called League of Arathor, so there is precedent in lore to naming something Stromgarde related in reference to the old empire.

Another thing I'll have to work with after finishing the quotes: the names.

I mean, look at this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Arthas Fordragon?
    Wynd Windwalker?
    And it seems the leader of the Defias is actually a Stormwind general.. talk about conspiracies.

And this was all in a single game just 5 turns in lol.

What about the generals/captains on campaign map?
    Can't we take a model from a unit for that? Footman for human captain etc.. Is that possible?
    The campaign would look a lot nicer for now

Some banners are also still vanilla (for Lordaeron it is england)

Yes, that is something that needs to be changed. For now they are placeholders.

After I finish the quotes and names, I'll also change the unit banners. Tired of seeing the Scourge fighting under a Russian flag.

Arathor Guard or Guards of Arathor actually sounds like a nice compromise. There is after all in WoW a group called League of Arathor, so there is precedent in lore to naming something Stromgarde related in reference to the old empire.

Another thing I'll have to work with after finishing the quotes: the names.

I mean, look at this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Arthas Fordragon?
    Wynd Windwalker?
    And it seems the leader of the Defias is actually a Stormwind general.. talk about conspiracies.

And this was all in a single game just 5 turns in lol.
    Oh man, they read like fan fiction names
    Jokes aside, "fordragon" as surname isnt unique to bolvar so it could be used on its own. Same as windwalker.
    I had made an extensive list of names for various factions in the mod when I was thinking of making one on my own, I can post them here if you like.

Yes, post them here, or send me via PM, however you prefer.

Hmmm, seems like I lost those notes somewhere .
    Pity, they were quite imaginative.
    Anyway, I will post here all those I remember for now so that people can give feedback.

Stormwind
    First names
    Marcus, Charles, Harold, Johanes, Adam, Trevor, Anton, Adonis, Gregory, Benjamin, Hans, Daniel, Maximiliam, Basil, Lysandros, Cassandros, Agenor, Gorgias, Andronicus, Robin, Nicholas

Surnames
    Varison, Bernton, Dukov, Rolenov, Jacobs, Edwards, Walker, Anderson, Williams, Irladin, Enoscar, Balovar, Derovar, Berenhoff, Varahoff, Erethar, Valothar,

Stromgarde
    First names
    Alaric, belaeric, Tharic, Boras, Samuel, Tharael, Gabriel, Anaras,

Surnames
    Klyten,Aniaren, Faradren, Karwn, Varonsav, Learen,
    Last edited by jim501; May 01, 2017 at 05:19 PM.

Can we add "Triados" surname to Stormwind please? Was the name of my roleplay-charakter and he was actually the commander of a unit. Would be very kind

And you can also add "Malakai" and "Rolph" as these are the names of two guard NPCs of Stormwind (the quest in elwynn nearby the murloc village where you have to find their corpses if you remember)
    Last edited by King of Stormwind; May 01, 2017 at 06:36 PM.

Mr_Nygren I sent you the link for the quotes and battlemap unit banners.