Thread: Mega's Divide & Conquer Survival Guide......Turtle Style.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Icon7 Mega's Divide & Conquer Survival Guide......Turtle Style.

artistic design by: Lifthrasir
    M
    ega's Divide & Conquer Survival Guide......Turtle Style.

Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Introduction
    First off a profound thanks to the current D&C Members who have brought us D&C 0.52 and who are currently have D&C 1.0 in production. Without them, and the original D&C Team, none of this would be possible. Please never let them forget how all of their hard work has brought us all so much joy.

DaC Council

Araeinior e-Hūdoll DaC (Council Leader): Arachīr Galudirithon

Einior e-Hūdoll DaC
    (Council Members):
    Hummingbird, gsthoed,

Dydw i ddim yn Gymraeg

This guide will cover the factions in D&C 0.52 and 1.0 seperatley because gameplay in both versions will be different. Different units and campaign tweaks will be in play. The base economy mechanics are the same for both versions

Your Economy

The Basics Growth. Corruption, and Free upkeep slots. Master those three things and Middle Earth is your oyster. The basic economy mechanics are the same for all versions of DaC so master the base formula and you've got the game licked.

1. The Town Hall building line: These buildings provide law, free up keep slots, and lower construction costs. Let's say that the average unit has $150 up keep costs per turn. A settlement with 4 units(no free upkeep} is draining $600 out of your coffers per turn.

2. Paved Roads: Check each settlements details sheet to find out how much trade paved roads will bring in per turn. Prioriitze building those roads that bring in the big bucks. $400, $500, $600, and so on. Generally roads take eight turns and cost around $4,000.

3. Mines: Base mines bring in $150 per tun.Top tier mines bring in about $1,000 per turn. Rinse and repeat what I said about roads. Also factor in law buildings and barracks to wipe out as much corruption cost as possible.

4. Farms & Farming Growth Buildings: Farms bring in money, growth, a building slot, and units. Farming buildings bring in growth, sometimes units, and small income per turn.

5. Diplomatic Revenue: Get that lazy sod of a Diplomat out there whoring it up for survival Cash. Bend over for bucks Buddy, take one for the team!....

A.) Trade rights, map information, & Alliances. Usually about $2000 cash or $400 x 5 turns. Trade rights are worth more if your lands are contiguous to those you are selling the trade rights to.

B.) Attacking Rebel or other specific factions. Usually about $2000 cash or $400 x 5 turns. When you pledge to attack another faction, you have 15 turns to pony up. As soon as you make the attack you can juice them up again provided that they have the cash.

About Diplomats:

A.) Please note that Diplomats gain rank through successful actions. So whatever you do, end it on a successful note. Gift them $100 if you have to but don't let your diplomat have unsuccessful discussions because it will give them bad traits.

B.) Adding $100 x 5 turns in negociations builds your trustworthy-ness and makes them take deals that they would otherwise turn down.

6. Towers: Towers give you vision, detect hidden agents, and can lure rebel forces out of the shadows. Plus.... some of them are really neat looking. So.... Don't just sit there reading, go tower up your lands.
    Go go go!!!!....

7. Rebel forces: Cost you money by stealing trade route bucks and causing destruction. Use them to level up your generals and units.

8. City Builders: Using adopted Generals as city builders can bring in $1,000+ per turn if you build them up and walk them at the end of each turn so that they do not gain lazy traits.
    Buttery Butters has an excellent city builder guide. Don't use your starting generals because their skills are badly needed at the front!.

9. Forts: Each fort has four free up keep slots. So....for example: 4 x $150 unit up keep = $600 per turn. Nuff said....

Show me the money
    1. Free up keep slots: Try to keep only free up keep units in your settlements. Everyone else should be at the front fighting so that you can sleep sound at night.

2. Base level mines bring in $150 per turn. Each level of farming up's your revenue about $70 per turn. Most paved roads bring in $150 or more per turn. Each free upkeep slot saves you at least $150{usually} per turn.
    What should you build first? Look over each settlement and do the math.

3. Whoring out your diplomat for early game survival cash usually nets about $10,000-$15,000. Selling "attack faction" to Allies with money can be an absolute gold mine!

Newly Conquered settlements: Fixing out lying regions, what to build first. 1a. Build town hall to battle corruption and bring public order.
    1b. When little or none of your factions culture is present, build a culture building first unless public order is needed more.
    2. Build a farm for the recruitment slot and also so that you have free upkeep units available as soon a possible.
    3. Kill any rebels in the region so that they don't reduce your trade income and cause destruction.

Now if public order is really bad, leaving one of your better law generals in the settlement should calm things down toil you get a few structures built. Don't forget to walk your generals in cites before each end turn so they don't get lazy traits. The only time not to walk them is on the last day of building a structure. Don't move them and have the settlement taxes on very high or high if 100 happiness cannot be achieved on very high.

Buildings from other cultures

a
    Photo from:Shantiniketan University, Bolpur, West Bengal

When you capture Settlements don't be in such a hurry to destroy all the buildings from other cultures for the few sheckles that you get back. Take a moment to see the bennefits given if any given in the buiding description. Yes...that army barracks does you no good for recruitment purposes but that + %15 law showing in the building description still applies. Now ask yourself, do you really want to give up that EXTRA %15 Law bonus that you just got for free.....{and...can't build yourself}

Especially far from home that brings you in an extra $100 or so per turn..... You....make the call.........

Your Campaign start up.... "Rush to Turtle"

a
    Kay... time to allocate your initial resources and decide what the limits of your initial land grab will be.

1. Price what mines and roads will yield and go ahead and get them started. Don't forget though that roads will take 8 turns to build and mines at least four. So... you won't be seeing any cash back til those finish building.
    2. If money is tight perhaps investing in town halls and their free upkeep slots is a better way to go because you will see revenue in three turns.
    3. If units are not in a fort or free upkeep slots they should be part of the land grab stack. I really dislike disbanding any units. If the mod team stocked you up with units, they probably had good reasons.
    4. Diplomacy....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    a

A.) Get the diplomat out whoring trade rights, map info, alliances, attack rebels and or others, for survival cash. If you take a pass on this opportunity so be it, but your depriving yourself of $10,000-$20,000 or more revenues for your faction.
    B.) My usual offering would look like this....

1. $100 X 5 turns {gift}. The gift button is in the lower left hand corner of the diplomacy screen. You want to open with a gift even a small one because it builds your credibility with the other party.
    2. trade rights, map info, attack rebels, $2000-$3000. Yes the AI prefers to make lump sum payments, but if their broke your gonna have to ask for installment payments.{$100-$200X 10 turns for example} Now if their really broke...
    you add this to the offering $100 X 3 turns.

When their broke broke I offer $100 X 5 turns asking $100-$200 a turn for a total of $2000 so I can come out of it with $1500 when it's all said and done.

C.) Leveling up your diplomat is important. Like your generals, the more stars the more command the diplomat will have over the other party. Never end a meeting without success because your diplomat will lose traits. Gift your way to success if you have to. $100 {gift button} should do it. I can't tell you how many times that my level 10 diplomat has pulled my carcass from the fire.
    D.) Many a time the AI has forced alliances on me that I did not want cuz they opened their wallet and flashed a big wad of cash at me. $8000-$9000. Yesssss....go on human whore, take it. You know you want it!..... Usually it's the Drawfs pulling these machinations on me....

E.) Offering to attack the AI's enemies can be very lucurative as long as the AI has plenty of money to pay you with. When you offer to attack a faction you will have 15 turns to get it done. Once done you can rinse and repeat as long as the monies there to pay you.
    F.) Also, when you ask for peace after giving an aggressive AI a beat down. Usually it takes a turn or two for the AI to realise that the two or three stacks sent to flatten you no longer exist and so now it's their turn to get mud stamped! If they have loads of cash, you can extort that to go bugger off and leave them be for a while.
    G.) When I sue for peace with factions next to me I always include trade rights cuz why turn down that extra money.

WARNING!!!: The AI will not deal with you if your relations to them are abysmal. you must gift them $100X 5turns til your relations go up to the next level. Terrible I think this is. So $100 x 5 turns {gift} then change tribute by adding another five turns to $100 x 10 turns. Going to $100 x 15 turns should be the most you have to give before the relations bar goes up a level.

5.) Unique units that won't take free upkeep, and which you decide are too expensive to sit around in your initial unit stack, fort them up or sadly disband them. The crossbow unit, from Bree is a good example of this. $500+ per turn for Bree starting up, will lead you to bankrupt city.
    6.) Since I dont play on VH/VH I don't know how tight money is for the human player. If it's worse than H/H definitely use the diplomacy option. I do know from watching let's play that the AI will fork over more cash on VH/VH than they will on H/H.
    7. If another faction grabbed something before you could get it, trade them for it. Land for land, and sometimes you can even get some money as well out of the deal.

Your Military

Tactics:
    Your Military

a
    * The Horns of the Bull: Range in first line, main battle line behind them. Draw the enemy into your battle line with range, flankers then run down each side, encircle and destroy the enemy. When the enemy close pull range units back or have the battle line charge tough them. Range unit then take on isolated units from behind the battle line or to the sides.

* Distraction units may be also sent out to peel off enemy units from charging{overwhelming} your battle line. Isolate these distracted units and destroy them.

* When using the battle line to pin the enemy, the hold stance button will increase their defense while decreasing their attack. Your flankers will surround around and crush them against this line.

* Keep skermish mode off and micromanage your range units.

* Use the pause button to issue orders. Once that's done zoom in and see the artistry in action. TWC Modders are the best in the business so sit back and watch their Blood, Sweat, and Toil in action.

So...There you have it. "horns of the Bull." One formation fits all occasions....

a

Armour & The Warrior's Guild

a

Up next..... Your Military.

Faction Start up Guides: DaC 0.52

Ered Luin

The Northern Dominion of Ered Luin

Right then, "Rush to Turtle"!!!:

1. Gor & Nar rush to gain Perth-en-Luhn, Caras Celairnen, Barketta, & Bar-i-Donyonach. If the Dunedain gain Bar-i-Donyonach first, wait til the Orcs flood the place then re take it in the name of good housekeeping.

2. Send Grain to acquire Garth Helegof and then hunker down.

3. Now there is the little matter of buzra-dum. It is a Drawfen settlement and as such should be reunited with the rest of Ered Luin. It's apparent that there are a few ways that you could deal with this

..."Drawfen Sudetenland"...

A. Wait til Lindon aquires it and then trade them Caras Celairnen for it. They'll go for it cuz after all they can't build level three mines and thus are unable to expliot the mining income there.
    B. Well, if Lindon cannot embrace reason, then it's on like Donkey Kong and the Sea of Lindon will transformed into into a "Drawfen Lake. Right then, we're on Lads, let's give these sods a good Hammerin!!!
    C. Leave Buzra-dum to it's own devices this go round like I did and just build up for an end run aimed at Carin dum and then on to Gundabad. See if you aquire Buzra-dum you will most likely get bogged down in a war with Enedwaith, Lindon, or both. In this game I want to go for Gundabad, come down through the Misty Mountains and see what happens from there. Perhaps in version DaC1.0 I'll play Evil Drawfs and wipe everyone out????

4. Part of the strategy during the build up is to....

A. Acquire the warrior's Guild to armour up and +1 melee all the lads. the second tier of the Warrior's guild will also give +3 morale and +1 experiance to all the lads.
    B. Gain peace and trade rights with the orcs, allowing them to wash over the Dunedaine and Bree. With any luck, armies poised and ready to strike we can swoop in and gain Fornost Erain and possibly Annuminas. From there it's a race to Gundabad which we are in a better position to win.

Economy:

1. Mines, mines, and more mines. If you want a city builder to gain minning traits, have him build the mine in Perth-en-Luhn and then the mining complex in Thorin's Halls.
    2. Beware of gaining lazy traits which they seem to acquire on the last build day, which is the day that your not supposed to walk them. I just reload the end turn save when they acquire that trait.
    3. Your city builder in Thorin's Hall should be brining in about $5500 per turn by turn 70ish.

In my game H/H large unit scale, at turn 75 the Agmar and the dunedain are stale mated. In about 15 more turns I'll be ready two strike with 2 amoured up stacks. Let's see who wants some then....

About Merchant Cavalry:...

They are your Forlorn Hope unit. Other than to mop up routers they should be kept out of the fray because there numbers simply cannot be replaced. I would not dare commit them to battle unless the whole division's survival were at stake.

"Rush to Turtle"

Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; May 05, 2016 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Quick quick, add more stuff
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Default Re: Mega's Divide & Conquer Survival Guide......Turtle Style.

Placeholder

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,

So law buildings bring down corruption? Good to know

Right. Law/Public Order traits by governing generals do too. The Novice/Competent/Experienced Governor line of traits, which are gained by having a general try to govern a settlement with corruption present, are especially potent for reducing the loss of income from corruption.

Waaaaay too many underestimate just how much bank a well developed governor can make you in DAC!
    Last edited by Hummingbird; April 02, 2016 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post

Waaaaay too many underestimate just how much bank a well developed governor can make you in DAC!

Yep... The Lindon Four,{all adopted generals} are banking about $1100 each right after the barracks event. (turn 63}.....Cha Ching..$$$$...
    So law buildings bring down corruption? Good to know
    The Barracks line of buildings also adds 10% & 15% law as well so that combined with the town hall line and a city builder who gained law traits from building those two buildings can really make an out lying town profitable.
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; April 01, 2016 at 09:39 AM. Reason: 15% law

Ered Luin

1. Gor & Nar rush to gain Perth-en-Luhn, Caras Celairnen, Barketta, & Bar-i-Donyonach. If the Dunedain gain Bar-i-Donyonach first, wait til the Orcs flood the place then re take it in the name of good housekeeping.

3. Now there is the little matter of buzra-dum. It is a Drawfen settlement and as such should be reunited with the rest of Ered Luin. It's apparent that there are a few ways that you could deal with this

A. Wait til Lindon aquires it and then trade them Caras Celairnen for it. They'll go for it cuz after all they can't build level three mines and thus are unable to expliot the mining income there.
    B. Well, if Lindon cannot embrace reason, then it's on like Donkey Kong and the Sea of Lindon will transformed into into a "Drawfen Lake. Right then, we're on Lads, let's give these sods a good Hammerin!!!
    C. Leave Buzra-dum to it's own devices this go round like I did and just build up for an end run aimed at Carin dum and then on to Gundabad. See if you aquire Buzra-dum you will most likely get bogged down in a war with Enedwaith, Lindon, or both. In this game I want to go for Gundabad, come down through the Misty Mountains and see what happens from there. Perhaps in version DaC1.0 I'll play Evil Drawfs and wipe everyone out????

A. Acquire the warrior's Guild to armour up and +1 melee all the lads. the second tier of the Warrior's guild will also give +3 morale and +1 experiance to all the lads.
    B. Gain peace and trade rights with the orcs, allowing them to wash over the Dunedaine and Bree. With any luck, armies poised and ready to strike we can swoop in and gain Fornost Erain and possibly Annuminas. From there it's a race to Gundabad which we are in a better position to win.

Economy:

1. Mines, mines, and more mines. If you want a city builder to gain minning traits, have him build the mine in Perth-en-Luhn and then the mining complex in Thorin's Halls.
    2. Beware of gaining lazy traits which they seem to acquire on the last build day, which is the day that your not supposed to walk them. I just reload the end turn save when they acquire that trait.
    3. Your city builder in Thorin's Hall should be brining in about $5500 per turn by turn 70ish.

In my game H/H large unit scale, at turn 75 the Agmar and the dunedain are stale mated. In about 15 more turns I'll be ready two strike with 2 amoured up stacks. Let's see who wants some then....

They are your Forlorn Hope unit. Other than to mop up routers they should be kept out of the fray because there numbers simply cannot be replaced. I would not dare commit them to battle unless the whole division's survival were at stake.

"Rush to Turtle"

El Monstero29's Avatar Semisalis

I'm quite grateful for this guide you're working on! Your economic tips alone have taught me tons of things I never knew about with this game! That video you linked is an absolute gold mine! ( Both figuratively and literally )

Can't wait for your military tips. Also, I'm curious if you'll be doing faction specific guides for all the factions? That would be quite the undertaking!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

lol awesome guide, totally in Mega's style

I need to go back to DAC soon (haven't tried last patch of the Beta), but honetly I'm in doubt if to wait for the official release or not
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post

I need to go back to DAC soon (haven't tried last patch of the Beta), but honetly I'm in doubt if to wait for the official release or not
    From what people say, it's going to be a while for V1 to be released. Months or so. So my advice would be to enjoy the sheer awesomeness of v.52! [emoji3]

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Oh sorry for double posting again, but I forgot: Great guide! Your guide contains all that information we need to make life in DaC a bit easier. Well, for us generals in any case, not for the peasantry.

Thank you for your effort!

More stuff to throw on the bonfire....

a
    Kay... time to allocate your initial resources and decide what the limits of your initial land grab will be.

1. Price what mines and roads will yield and go ahead and get them started. Don't forget though that roads will take 8 turns to build and mines at least four. So... you won't be seeing any cash back til those finish building.
    2. If money is tight perhaps investing in town halls and their free upkeep slots is a better way to go because you will see revenue in three turns.
    3. If units are not in a fort or free upkeep slots they should be part of the land grab stack. I really dislike disbanding any units. If the mod team stocked you up with units, they probably had good reasons.
    4. Diplomacy....

a

A.) Get the diplomat out whoring trade rights, map info, alliances, attack rebels and or others, for survival cash. If you take a pass on this opportunity so be it, but your depriving yourself of $10,000-$20,000 or more revenues for your faction.

1. $100 X 5 turns {gift}. The gift button is in the lower left hand corner of the diplomacy screen. You want to open with a gift even a small one because it builds your credibility with the other party.
    2. trade rights, map info, attack rebels, $2000-$3000. Yes the AI prefers to make lump sum payments, but if their broke your gonna have to ask for installment payments.{$100-$200X 10 turns for example} Now if their really broke...

When their broke broke I offer $100 X 5 turns asking $100-$200 a turn for a total of $2000 so I can come out of it with $1500 when it's all said and done.

C.) Leveling up your diplomat is important. Like your generals, the more stars the more command the diplomat will have over the other party. Never end a meeting without success because your diplomat will lose traits. Gift your way to success if you have to. $100 {gift button} should do it. I can't tell you how many times that my level 10 diplomat has pulled my carcass from the fire.
    D.) Many a time the AI has forced alliances on me that I did not want cuz they opened their wallet and flashed a big wad of cash at me. $8000-$9000. Yesssss....go on human whore, take it. You know you want it!..... Usually it's the Drawfs pulling these machinations on me....

E.) Offering to attack the AI's enemies can be very lucurative as long as the AI has plenty of money to pay you with. When you offer to attack a faction you will have 15 turns to get it done. Once done you can rinse and repeat as long as the monies there to pay you.
    F.) Also, when you ask for peace after giving an aggressive AI a beat down. Usually it takes a turn or two for the AI to realise that the two or three stacks sent to flatten you no longer exist and so now it's their turn to get mud stamped! If they have loads of cash, you can extort that to go bugger off and leave them be for a while.
    G.) When I sue for peace with factions next to me I always include trade rights cuz why turn down that extra money.

WARNING!!!: The AI will not deal with you if your relations to them are abysmal. you must gift them $100X 5turns til your relations go up to the next level. Terrible I think this is. So $100 x 5 turns {gift} then change tribute by adding another five turns to $100 x 10 turns. Going to $100 x 15 turns should be the most you have to give before the relations bar goes up a level.

5.) Unique units that won't take free upkeep, and which you decide are too expensive to sit around in your initial unit stack, fort them up or sadly disband them. The crossbow unit, from Bree is a good example of this. $500+ per turn for Bree starting up, will lead you to bankrupt city.
    6.) Since I dont play on VH/VH I don't know how tight money is for the human player. If it's worse than H/H definitely use the diplomacy option. I do know from watching let's play that the AI will fork over more cash on VH/VH than they will on H/H.
    7. If another faction grabbed something before you could get it, trade them for it. Land for land, and sometimes you can even get some money as well out of the deal.

a

Quote Originally Posted by El Monstero29 View Post
    I'm quite grateful for this guide you're working on! Your economic tips alone have taught me tons of things I never knew about with this game! That video you linked is an absolute gold mine! ( Both figuratively and literally )

Can't wait for your military tips. Also, I'm curious if you'll be doing faction specific guides for all the factions? That would be quite the undertaking!
    Your most welcome, and that is exactly what I was shooting for. To pass on to others information that can help make their DaC experiance more enjoyable. Yes I will be writing start up guides for all the factions and covering the changes that will happen
    once DaC 1.0 is unleashed upon us.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post

DaC 0.52 Is an Island to itself so I would recommend playing that version before moving on to DaC 1.0. The different units and campaign tweaks will make each version a different playing experiance...

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates1984 View Post
    Oh sorry for double posting again, but I forgot: Great guide! Your guide contains all that information we need to make life in DaC a bit easier. Well, for us generals in any case, not for the peasantry.

Thank you for your effort!
    Your most welcome.... Now, speaking of your initial generals... using the ones with special abilities in your initial unit stack will deliver quite a blow to your enemies. Usually the special ability generals will be the faction Leader, Faction heir and one more. Usually there are three with special abilities.

Tiro

Great guide, i have only one small thing to add .
    I always make sure to build stuff that takes a different amount of turns to complete for example if i start with two settlements i build a building that takes 3 turns in one settlement (level 1 town hall) and in my second settlement a building that takes 2 turns to complete (level 1 market) this will make sure i can keep building stuff and will not cause a huge strain on my economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan_1983 View Post
    Great guide, i have only one small thing to add .
    I always make sure to build stuff that takes a different amount of turns to complete for example if i start with two settlements i build a building that takes 3 turns in one settlement (level 1 town hall) and in my second settlement a building that takes 2 turns to complete (level 1 market) this will make sure i can keep building stuff and will not cause a huge strain on my economy.

Aaahhh...yes, thank you so much for that.... This reminds me that when you have a city builder he can shuttle between settlements that are close together to really crank up his traits. Like say you want one with farming knoweledge to become a farming expert or one with mining knoweldge to become a mining expert. Trader to trading expert, law to super lawful and so forth.

And don't forget that generals with strong + law traits can really cut down corruption in outlying settlements buying time for the townhall and barracks lines to be built.

a

When you capture Settlements don't be in such a hurry to destroy all the buildings from other cultures for the few sheckles that you get back. Take a moment to see the bennefits given if any given in the buiding description. Yes...that army barracks does you no good for recruitment purposes but that + %15 law showing in the building description still applies. Now ask yourself, do you really want to give up that EXTRA %15 Law bonus that you just got for free.....{and...can't build yourself}

Especially far from home that brings you in an extra $100 or so per turn..... You....make the call.........

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post

artistic design by: Lifthrasir
    M
    ega's Divide & Conquer Survival Guide......Turtle Style.

Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Introduction
    First off a profound thanks to the current D&C Members who have brought us D&C 0.52 and who are currently have D&C 1.0 in production. Without them, and the original D&C Team, none of this would be possible. Please never let them forget how all of their hard work has brought us all so much joy.

DaC Council

Araeinior e-Hūdoll DaC (Council Leader): Arachīr Galudirithon

Einior e-Hūdoll DaC
    (Council Members):
    Hummingbird, gsthoed,

Dydw i ddim yn Gymraeg

This guide will cover the factions in D&C 0.52 and 1.0 seperatley because gameplay in both versions will be different. Different units and campaign tweaks will be in play. The base economy mechanics are the same for both versions

Your Economy

The Basics Growth. Corruption, and Free upkeep slots. Master those three things and Middle Earth is your oyster. The basic economy mechanics are the same for all versions of DaC so master the base formula and you've got the game licked.

1. The Town Hall building line: These buildings provide law, free up keep slots, and lower construction costs. Let's say that the average unit has $150 up keep costs per turn. A settlement with 4 units(no free upkeep} is draining $600 out of your coffers per turn.

2. Paved Roads: Check each settlements details sheet to find out how much trade paved roads will bring in per turn. Prioriitze building those roads that bring in the big bucks. $400, $500, $600, and so on. Generally roads take eight turns and cost around $4,000.

3. Mines: Base mines bring in $150 per tun.Top tier mines bring in about $1,000 per turn. Rinse and repeat what I said about roads. Also factor in law buildings and barracks to wipe out as much corruption cost as possible.

4. Farms & Farming Growth Buildings: Farms bring in money, growth, a building slot, and units. Farming buildings bring in growth, sometimes units, and small income per turn.

5. Diplomatic Revenue: Get that lazy sod of a Diplomat out there whoring it up for survival Cash. Bend over for bucks Buddy, take one for the team!....

A.) Trade rights, map information, & Alliances. Usually about $2000 cash or $400 x 5 turns. Trade rights are worth more if your lands are contiguous to those you are selling the trade rights to.

B.) Attacking Rebel or other specific factions. Usually about $2000 cash or $400 x 5 turns. When you pledge to attack another faction, you have 15 turns to pony up. As soon as you make the attack you can juice them up again provided that they have the cash.

About Diplomats:

A.) Please note that Diplomats gain rank through successful actions. So whatever you do, end it on a successful note. Gift them $100 if you have to but don't let your diplomat have unsuccessful discussions because it will give them bad traits.

B.) Adding $100 x 5 turns in negociations builds your trustworthy-ness and makes them take deals that they would otherwise turn down.

6. Towers: Towers give you vision, detect hidden agents, and can lure rebel forces out of the shadows. Plus.... some of them are really neat looking. So.... Don't just sit there reading, go tower up your lands.
    Go go go!!!!....

7. Rebel forces: Cost you money by stealing trade route bucks and causing destruction. Use them to level up your generals and units.

8. City Builders: Using adopted Generals as city builders can bring in $1,000+ per turn if you build them up and walk them at the end of each turn so that they do not gain lazy traits.
    Buttery Butters has an excellent city builder guide. Don't use your starting generals because their skills are badly needed at the front!.

9. Forts: Each fort has four free up keep slots. So....for example: 4 x $150 unit up keep = $600 per turn. Nuff said....

Show me the money
    1. Free up keep slots: Try to keep only free up keep units in your settlements. Everyone else should be at the front fighting so that you can sleep sound at night.

2. Base level mines bring in $150 per turn. Each level of farming up's your revenue about $70 per turn. Most paved roads bring in $150 or more per turn. Each free upkeep slot saves you at least $150{usually} per turn.
    What should you build first? Look over each settlement and do the math.

3. Whoring out your diplomat for early game survival cash usually nets about $10,000-$15,000. Selling "attack faction" to Allies with money can be an absolute gold mine!

Newly Conquered settlements: Fixing out lying regions, what to build first. 1a. Build town hall to battle corruption and bring public order.
    1b. When little or none of your factions culture is present, build a culture building first unless public order is needed more.
    2. Build a farm for the recruitment slot and also so that you have free upkeep units available as soon a possible.
    3. Kill any rebels in the region so that they don't reduce your trade income and cause destruction.

Now if public order is really bad, leaving one of your better law generals in the settlement should calm things down toil you get a few structures built. Don't forget to walk your generals in cites before each end turn so they don't get lazy traits. The only time not to walk them is on the last day of building a structure. Don't move them and have the settlement taxes on very high or high if 100 happiness cannot be achieved on very high.

a

a

4. Diplomacy....

a

a

Up next..... Your Military.

Ered Luin

Economy:

"Rush to Turtle"

[Hi, I've been playing DaC for some time now and I find it pretty amazing and enjoyable!! Great works have all the DaC staff been doing, kudos to you!. Still, since I'm sort of a beginner myself I have just a couple of questions.
    For instance: I'm playing now as Lothlorien. How do you get the Master Bladesmith's Guild? and: Is in the DaC version 1.0 expected to have the Thranduil units and weapons resemble those in the movie trilogy of the Hobbit?
    Best regards! you're doing an awesome job! keep at it ]
    Last edited by Veteraan; June 28, 2016 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Fixed the quote and added spoiler

[Hi, I've been playing DaC for some time now and I find it pretty amazing and enjoyable!! Great works have all the DaC staff been doing, kudos to you!. Still, since I'm sort of a beginner myself I have just a couple of questions.
    For instance: I'm playing now as Lothlorien. How do you get the Master Bladesmith's Guild? and: Is in the DaC version 1.0 expected to have the Thranduil units and weapons resemble those in the movie trilogy of the Hobbit?
    Best regards! you're doing an awesome job! keep at it ]
    Hello, to obtain the guild, you simply must wait. If it is a guild, you can build ( you can find it in your building tree ) then you simply have to wait. There will be a pop up asking you, if you want to build it. But if you decline too many times, it might never appear again, so be wary of that. And to your other question, yes. Thranduil will get the new look for its units and even dwarves and Dale will get some new units or new looks if you want to see more, you can find Arachķr Galudirithon, the mod leader, on youtube and you will get many new annocements there.
    Last edited by Veteraan; June 28, 2016 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Fixed the quote