Thread: Announcement - Europa Perdita and Fall of the Eagles Mod Partnership!

Icon4 Announcement - Europa Perdita and Fall of the Eagles Mod Partnership!

Europa Perdita and Fall of the Eagles Mod Partnership Announced!

General Information
    Two of the most popular historical overhauls for Attila have joined forces to bring our players a more realistic and enjoyable gameplay experience! Europa Perdita and Fall of the Eagles will be working together as fully compatible mods. As mod teams, we both focus on bringing more historically authentic aspects to the Attila time frame, so this partnership is great for all involved (Especially the players!). Going forward, both mods will be made fully compatible, so that no one has to worry about what versions to use or if there will be major problems.

What Does That Mean For You, The Player?
    Well, just keep playing! Seriously, though, the goal of this partnership is to make it so that it is very easy to use both mods together. As long as the first part of FotE is loaded first, the mods will be almost fully compatible in every way. We will continue improving this aspect, but at the moment there are no major issues on the compatibility front. Our plans for the future are to make the mods complement each other as campaign and battle/unit components. For those players who prefer one mod and not the other, that's fine too. There will be no issues with using either mod separately or together.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Protector's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Announcement - Europa Perdita and Fall of the Eagles Mod Partnership!

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post

Well, just keep playing! Seriously, though, the goal of this partnership is to make it so that it is very easy to use both mods together.
    I use MM and took care to get FOTE in the order list at first.

Thx for the info, but at least for me, I wont continue my ongoing campaign, because with EP the current icome is changing from +21.300 per turn to -11.200 and food is changing from +457 to -160. It would bring me immediately to bancrup. So I guess I have to start an new campaign instead of just keep playing.

Default Re: Announcement - Europa Perdita and Fall of the Eagles Mod Partnership!

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    I use MM and took care to get FOTE in the order list at first.

Thx for the info, but at least for me, I wont continue my ongoing campaign, because with EP the current icome is changing from +21.300 per turn to -11.200 and food is changing from +457 to -160. It would bring me immediately to bancrup. So I guess I have to start an new campaign instead of just keep playing.
    EP does require a new campaign. I thought that was clear. We made startpos changes, including edits to fertility levels - your food will be very low if you enable EP in the middle of an existing campaign. And I am working on rebalancing the economy. I think I'll upload a public test pack with some changes later tonight.

Yeah, I guess I should have made it more clear my apologies. This announcement is about working together in the future, but enabling either mod mid-campaign is a bad idea.

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Love it - but garrisons might be to big imo. I could adapt, hang back or ally w/ the huns and wait for the right moment but the migratory AI that is already at war with the Empire at the start of the game is having a really hard time. -- When ending the first turn as the ERE factions did not 'just' declare war on the WRE and actually respect it current power, this is amazing imo!

Great partnership Please make a manpower baby

In the newest EP test pack, FotE's garrisons should be overwriting EP's (it wasn't like that before yesterday's update, so garrisons were enormous). FotE does generally have bigger garrisons than EP though.

I should have renamed our garrison tables to the same name, sorry augustus. That was my oversight when I did the FotE compatibility update.

Nah, it's okay. I just renamed mine to match one of your fragments, so it's good now.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Nah, it's okay. I just renamed mine to match one of your fragments, so it's good now.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

I get unwanted unit upgrades from technology when I use these together. Cohors Comitatenses are replaced with a Palatina unit for example. Am I loading them in the wrong order perhaps?

Protector's Avatar Senator

Is it correct that for steam workshop players the @_1_aFOTE_52fix.pack is not needed anymore (not in data nor in Mod Manager) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    I get unwanted unit upgrades from technology when I use these together. Cohors Comitatenses are replaced with a Palatina unit for example. Am I loading them in the wrong order perhaps?
    FotE should be first in the load order, though I'm not sure what in EP could be causing that not to work properly. I will be adding something related to unit upgrades in the next version (just to fix something for non-FotE players really), but there's nothing yet.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    FotE should be first in the load order, though I'm not sure what in EP could be causing that not to work properly. I will be adding something related to unit upgrades in the next version (just to fix something for non-FotE players really), but there's nothing yet.
    Thanks. I found the onion in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    Is it correct that for steam workshop players the @_1_aFOTE_52fix.pack is not needed anymore (not in data nor in Mod Manager) ?
    Yes, that has been added to the main mod now. So if you have steam or download the mod again from TWC, it will have those fixes.

GourmetGorilla's Avatar Semisalis

Wonderful!

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

How do you make sure FOTE loads first? I dont recall a way to move the mods around when you select them from the launcher...

If you're using the Steam version, you shouldn't have to do anything. The files should be in the correct order in your launcher. If you're using the standalone, you should also be fine, but make sure that the FotE packs are named higher alphabetically than EP.