Thread: [Full Tutorial + Pack-/Toolbundle] 20+ Units per Army in LME [WiP]

Ted23's Avatar Laetus

Default [Full Tutorial + Pack-/Toolbundle] 20+ Units per Army in LME [WiP]

As there often are questions regarding this feature and people having problems with getting through the process I decided to do a full step-by-step tutorial on how to initialize a campaign with more then 20 units per army. Enjoy!

Disclaimer:
    I do not own any rights on the two packs and the tool included in the Download Bundle - Credits go to the creators. The downloadable content is just meant to offer a full download of what you need.

Tutorial
    This tutorial covers basically everything you need to know.

Step 1

Download the following bundle, safe it on your desktop and unpack it using 7zip or any other suitable tool:

The LME4FullAsizePack includes all you need to initialize your campaign. Just keep it on your desktop.

Step 2

Start the LME4 Launcher from your computer and choose the features you wish to enable for your campaign. Make sure to enable the "Wolves Armies"!

Proceed by clicking on the campaign you wish to play on the left hand side and let NTW start just like normal.

Step 3

When ingame, choose the LME Campaign and the faction you wish to play with. Start the campaign. Once finished loading: save the game (do not change anything, just load the campaign and save!). Exit Napoleon Total war.

Now you have set up the campaign you wish to play with more then 20 units. So let's make the armies bigger!

Step 4

When back on the Desktop open the LME4FullAsizePack you have downloaded.You should see these two packs: Alb23Modified_Deployment_Zones.pack and Alb23UIMod.pack

Copy them both.

Now we need to put the packs into our NTW data folder.Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Napoleon Total War

Put the two .pack files into the data-folder!

Well done! Now, close the NTW-Folder and go back to the LME4FullAsizePack on your desktop!

Step 5

Open EsfEditor 1.4.6.

Go to File --> Open Savegame

Select C:\Users\*YourName*\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\save_games

Choose the savegame you made! It can easily be found by looking for the faction and date in the name. In your example you can simply use the latest one.

I will use "Königreich Bayern Early January 1807" as example.

Open the savegame!

Now we are ready to edit the armysize!

Navigate to CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME -> CAMPAIGN_ENV -> CAMPAIGN_MODEL

Well done!

Do you see the two lines with 20 in it? That are the ones we need to edit!

Doubleclick on the 20 and edit it to the number of units you wish to be included in armies!

40 normally is the best one, although it can be taken up to 80 (But Unitcards would not work that well with that much units and the lag may be enormous!)

Do the same for the second line with 20 in it to set the fleetsize!

Save the changes by going to File -> Save!

Well done my friend, we are nearly finished!

Now close ESF 1.4.6 and go back to the LME4FullAsizePack!

Step 6

We are nearly done!

Open the script text and copy all:

mod Alb23UIMod.pack;
    mod Alb23Modified_Deployment_Zones.pack;

Now go back to the LME-Launcher!

Open "Manually Edit Userscript" and place the two lines above the others!

Just place the two lines above the others! Do NOT edit any other line, they will be different to mine if you used other modsettings!

Save the user.script and close it!

Step 7

You are fine to go!

Start Napoleon Total War by clicking on "Start NTW Manually" in the LME-Launcher and load your campaign.

Well done, you can now play with more units per army!

FAQ - Coming soon!

Ted23's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: [Full Tutorial + Pack-/Toolbundle] 20+ Units per Army in LME [WiP]

Ummm bad quesiton but how to edit my post I still need to include the downloadlink to the bundle lol

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...ePack.zip.html

Thank you Ted23. Is there anyway to tweak the treasury income to allow the different factions to increase their army's number of units?

Tiro

Fantastic tutorial Ted. Thank you. The other thread was confusing me. +rep

Great tutorial but is there any option to see full army like in Darthmod ?
    I mean smaller unitcards.

Quote Originally Posted by inekk View Post
    Great tutorial but is there any option to see full army like in Darthmod ?
    I mean smaller unitcards.
    You need to edit the "preferences.script.txt" file found in your "C:\Users\"your computer"\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts" directory with a text editor such as Notepad. Locate the line that says "minimised_ui false;" and replace the word false with the word true. Then save and close the text file, and restart the game.
    Last edited by KASCII; October 04, 2016 at 11:12 PM.

Hello, I use the 40 unit size army method, and ever since the new CA update my game crashes everytime I group a big number of units, can anyone help?