Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Herakleios: War of Three Faiths

Default Re: Herakleios: War of Three Faiths

where is the link for dropbox?????

TheShah's Avatar Foederatus

@Majorian: Yes, I do have steam - should I add you?

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

Hey Majorian, this is more a question regarding the uh, majorian mod. But basically the Huns all marched into Italy and camped 5 armies outside ravenna, one by virunum, two by mediolanum and one by octovadorum (definitely wrong spelling...) so I gathered a field army and declared thus wiping out the 5 outside ravenna within one turn. The huns then went from strength ranking 3 to 6. Then next turn I destroy the two by mediolanum and chase the other two which I destroy the following turn. Next turn....their strength ranking is back to 3 and two armies appear near virunum again. So I destroy one of those before the following turn 4 more armies show up.

So, do the Huns just auto generate stacks of troops? Because this is wierd....

to Majorian: I do not understand your conception...why exactly you made Exarchate of Ravenna and Cartage like independed territory from Constantinople?
    It bove was part of Byzantine land not "puppet state"
    Also I thing at my opinion you'd throw inside mod too much infrantry troops.Cavalry is very less-thats about recruting system Byzantine.Cavalry were decided on the battle ground...

Quote Originally Posted by zig&sharko View Post
    to Majorian: I do not understand your conception...why exactly you made Exarchate of Ravenna and Cartage like independed territory from Constantinople?
    It bove was part of Byzantine land not "puppet state
    I think that is a very smart way around it - it is true, the exarchates were to all effects provinces of the empire; at the same time, the exarchs enjoyed a great degree of independence as they headed both the provincial armies and the civilian administration. in fact, their power could represent at times a threat - Heraklios himself was the son of a rebellious African exarch who set of to topple the imperial government. in the period covered by the mod, both exarchates proved hard to control: Gregory exarch of Africa rebelled in 646/47, and Olympios exarch of Italy in 652. Both died fighting Arab incursions into their domains. so, all in all I think that representing them as client states (basically parts of the empire that could or could not provide military support, depending on the political situation) is entirely fair - well done!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oi7pq1nqsx...leios.rar?dl=0 dropbox-link, custom battle could crash, because we added so many units.

Majorian: Should I add you on steam mate ?

Yes, I will add you to the group. Maybe you could tell what your steam name is.

This mod definitely needs more improvement. Firstly Rashidun Caliphate needs more unique units for example Quarysh Champions, Bedouin Raiders,Rashidun Heavy Cavalry etc . PLEASE add new units to it like you added to Avars or other factions.Renaming and reskinning is not enough. Nobatia at this time ceased to exist. It was annexed by Makuria so Nobatia should be replaced by Makuria. The Magyar Family tree is messed up. Is it possible to introduce new religion becoz Sindh should be either Hindus or Buddhists and NOT Zoroastrianism. Is it possible to add Chapter adjectives like Vanilla Campaign because that would have been great.And why do the Khazars use Persian names???Also e please remove recruitable Persian mercenaries in the Magyar territory and if possible add new recruitable mercenary units from new cultures like Slavs, Huns or Hepthalites.
    Last edited by huascar; April 13, 2016 at 11:19 AM.

To Majorian: Thanks for the Dropbox link.

Hm for some reason the mod does not work for me. I downloaded the files from dropbox, unziped them, put them in the data folder, and started them with the modmanager, yet the game crasches at startup. I know i might be a idiot, so hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Majorian: Here you go - vitopayne.

@didrikma: Hm, it should work, but mod manager doesnt work anymore (?)

@TheShah: I dont find you, you can add me - Majorian http://steamcommunity.com/id/Majorian123

@huascar: "Renaming and reskinning is not enough" well, you have a normal roster like a free DLC, dont see what should be a problem, but your units names are noted. No, I cant introduce a new religion, you have to add so much things like buildings and so on, maybe I can change religion "Minor Religions" to Buddhism/Hinduism... As I already said for chapters you need a scripter, and I dont know somebody who can do that. Furthermore I dislike if somebody uses "?????" to express oneself

Quote Originally Posted by Majorian View Post
    @huascar: "Renaming and reskinning is not enough" well, you have a normal roster like a free DLC, dont see what should be a problem, but your units names are noted. No, I cant introduce a new religion, you have to add so much things like buildings and so on, maybe I can change religion "Minor Religions" to Buddhism/Hinduism... As I already said for chapters you need a scripter, and I dont know somebody who can do that. Furthermore I dislike if somebody uses "?????" to express oneself
    Well I meant that the Rashidun Caliphate needs more units. The current unit roster is not enough. It lacks heavy melee infantry units. Maybe you could add new units like Banu Hashim Heavy Infantry and Quarysh Tribal Champions. It also lacks good archer units and some of the unit names I noticed still use the original Garamantian names.Also the Khazars,Kidarites and Gokturks should be Tengri and not Zoroastrianism although the Khazars later became Jews.And their faction leadr portrait should be Hunnic and not Eastern.And I honestly think that the Bulgars starting religion should be Tengri you can check wikipedia.And the Magyar family tree needs to be redone becoz when I opened the family tree all I saw were portraits of Anthony and Cleopetra And one question why did you even made the Magyars playable instead of more deserving factions like Khazars, Gokturks and Makuria(u still r silent on Makuria). I mean Magyars weren't even relevant for that time period.Also for the British factions like Northumbria, wessex and alt clut could u use units from AoC instead of a generic Nordic roster???
    Last edited by huascar; April 15, 2016 at 04:34 AM.

I am very interested in this mod. I have it downloaded and started a campaign as the Roman Empire. I don't seem able to raise troops. I can hire mercenaries, but in trying to raise my own forces, the box is completely empty of options. Is there some change with the mod where troops can't be raised the same method as in Attila?

Thanks
    Last edited by Scamander; April 15, 2016 at 12:50 PM.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by huascar View Post
    Nobatia at this time ceased to exist. It was annexed by Makuria so Nobatia should be replaced by Makuria.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Until now I have seen three different suggestions for the merge, but they all suggest a merge in the 7th century:

- 620's: Speculation suggesting a protective alliance against the Persians who occupied Egypt at that time
    - 640-650's: Suggested protective allaince against invading Arab forces, based on a missing mention of Nobatia by the Arabs
    - Ca. 700: Baked by Makurian documents who mention Nobatia beeing under the control of the Makurian king

So I guess the best would be that you validate your claim with a source.

EDIT: Sry, was pretty tired when i wrote that post. Thought this is about a 6th century Justinian mod. So yeah, replacing Nobatia with Makuria is definetly legit. If they weren't merged at 634 AD already Makuria was atleast the stronger one.
    Last edited by LinusLinothorax; April 16, 2016 at 07:17 AM.

Hey Majorian, I love your mod and played many hours with the Sassanid Empire. But now some criticism:
    I can't understand these logic: In your project "Rise of Islam" you've made the Frankish empires of Austrasia, Burgundy and Neustria which fought each other and now in "Herakleios: War of Three Faiths" you've ignored history and unite Franconia. But why? The Merowingian Brotherwar (How it's called in Germany) is also a war of three "Faiths".

Quote Originally Posted by Syphax Numid View Post
    Hey Majorian, I love your mod and played many hours with the Sassanid Empire. But now some criticism:
    I can't understand these logic: In your project "Rise of Islam" you've made the Frankish empires of Austrasia, Burgundy and Neustria which fought each other and now in "Herakleios: War of Three Faiths" you've ignored history and unite Franconia. But why? The Merowingian Brotherwar (How it's called in Germany) is also a war of three "Faiths".
    I agree , Franks were never united during this period, but divided into separate ,rival kingdoms. I've noticed in the majority of my playthroughs, that the Franks are a bit OP, they easily smash Samo's Empire, and they are a bit too easy to play as, as they can steamroll any enemy fairly easily. Dividing them into Austrasia and Neustria makes sense, as in History even though he inherited a united Frankish ream, he faced rebellion from the disgruntled nobility of Austrasia led by Pepin of Landen in 632 AD due to neglect, and he appointed his son,Sigebert III, a three year old, to the throne in 634to appease the Austrasians thereby being left with the thrones of Neustria and Burgundy. So by the time of the mods start in 634 AD, Austrasia and Neustria should be separate realms, separate but with an alliance of some kind

Civis

great mod!! you did a fantastic job! Is it possible to add the building chain of the franks from the last roman dlc to the mod? Also would it be possible to add all of the aoc units to the franks, lombards, mercia, wessex and avars?

It needs version 1.6.0, the Garamantian update.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast