Thread: Many crashes

Adonnus's Avatar Civis

Default Many crashes

I have lots of crashes with this mod, I am using Steam, and starting the mod via a launcher.

The crashes come all the time and in random places. Like on the faction selection screen, or when starting a battle or starting a campaign.

Default Re: Many crashes

Have you replaced a Kingdoms mod (e.g. Americas) with 1648? Sometimes this causes problems because it can save games mixing them with features in the engine that may not be appropriate for the mod (map, etc).

The best way to run a mod on steam is using Durintwz's Steam launcher. Read this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ble-modStarter

Adonnus's Avatar Civis

I tried with that launcher but it just launches vanilla. As for the Americas thing, nope it's still in its original mod folder. Before this I used a different launcher, not sure who made it, to launch the mod.

There are instructions in Durintw's post on what to do. The launcher is just a generic launcher. You need to edit it according to the instructions to launch the mod you want to launch.

The mod is reasonably stable, so your problem most likely has something to do with the method used to launch it in Steam.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

I can't seem to get Durintw's launcher to launch anything but vanilla. It's in the 1648 mod folder but every time I click it I just get vanilla Med2. I use the Universal Mod Launcher. Running on Steam.

I get loads of crashes, too. I've struggled through an entire Utrecht campaign which was fun, but knowing you might get a crash every time a loading screen pops up isn't. It's always just as loading screens should appear; they either appear fine or the game crashes. Would the launcher really affect this? Surely the launcher's only job is the launching of the mod?

It appears the Durintw's Steam launcher will no longer work, sorry about that. It has been replaced by the 'Universal Mod Launcher'. You will find the relevant information here:

The Universal Mod Launcher.

A problem with the loading screens had happened before, during one of the patches, which should have been corrected in the latest patch 6, that contains the final working version of all the previous patches. If you are running the mod after patching with patch 6, you should not have that problem. Please download it and install it, if you cannot remember which patch was the last one you installed.

If you have edited the loading screens or numbers of quotes (added or deleted quotes or loading screens) yourself, possibly even accidentally, then this may be causing such crashes. Patch 6 should fix it.

If the problems persist, this may be more complicated and could involve the virtual store or something else I cannot think of at the moment. Let me know what happens.

Apologies if it takes me sometime to respond. I am usually at work all day and have no access to gaming files there.
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; April 18, 2016 at 12:42 PM.

I playing campaign as polish lithuanian commonwealth and when I begin battle in krakov region I have olways a CTD.

Mod 1648 with patch and Invita submod
    Medieval II steam version with universal mod launcher

my log file
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Y...ew?usp=sharing

I have not seen anything obvious in the error log, there were no errors. I saw that Steam replaces some files with vanilla files but I do not think that is the problem because you have a specific problem about a specific location.

Are you able to play the mod otherwise? Does the crash happen before the loading screen starts to load or when the battle is ready to start after the loading screen?

There were some warnings about missing tree models that the engine was trying to replace with vanilla models. It may be that the engine tries to add missing models in locations where there is a conflict with other objects. If the problem is after the loading screen, it may be an issue of that kind. Is this your first star fort battle?

I upload some screenschot.
    I starts feew campaign as polish-lithuanian commonwealth, but always I have a crash when I attack rebels in Klein Polen. In other region, for example: Herzogtum Masowien, Pommerellen battle works fine. I increased range for army/characters/agents and i have a installed Bellum Crucis 6 mod but I dont think this is a reason.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

I upload some screenschot.
    I starts a few campaign as polish-lithuanian commonwealth, but always I have a crash when I attack rebels in Klein Polen. In other region, for example: Herzogtum Masowien, Pommerellen battle works fine. I increased range for army/characters/agents and i have a installed Bellum Crucis 6 mod but I dont think this is a reason.

I will try out that location and let you know. Have you had crashes in other locations or only there?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I can't see anything in the log that might help. It will have something to do with battle elements, but it is unclear what - the rebel unit appears to be a regular unit.

Hi,
    yes Geoffrey of Villehardouin, in many other places, mostly on west of Karakov and on road from Krakov to Kattovitz, on imperial side too.
    I sent another screenschot with other place and second,
    with marked locations where i have always a CTD when battle starts loading.

info
    Red - always CTD
    Blue - I don't know
    Green - battles works fine

I spend meny hours on investigation, I reinstalled again Medieval II with 1648 clean mod, even Steam to another HDD drive but problem still exist.
    This is wery annoying problem and I think this is campaign map problem not a units.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3.jpg   4.jpg  

you can play mod now no problem also the problem is medieval total war 2 was made by 2006 it havent got official update in long time
    you could move to play never total war games but tehre dont got any coool mods soo...