Thread: Spain

Default Spain

Does anyone have any tips for Spain?

Apparently one large town, one castle, with France, Moors, Portugal, and Rebels all threatening each other and the Iberian Peninsula is pretty hard to manage.

In one of my campaigns (out of the many unsuccessful ones), I managed to drive the Moors out, but Cordoba was such a pain because I didn't sack it, just occupied it. Almost every two turns a revolt would occur. On the other hand, France took Zaragosa and it took me a awhile to get it back, luckily though, my cardinal won the Papal Elections and immediately France was excommunicated, thus diverting his defenses in the West and focusing on the Crusade called on Toulouse.

But still, it is difficult. I'm struggling with making Florins with that nation, and also, managing Spain from many different fronts is a difficult task.

My original strategy is to ally with the Portuguese and drive the larger force out of the Peninsula - the Moors. Then, head for the rebel cities. After that, and when you have all of Iberia except Portugal, just seige Lisbon and their fortress East of Leon and win.

Any other tips?

Thanks.

Default Re: Spain

if you drive the moors out then what will you do? theyll have north africa and still be at war with you, if u attack portugal instead you'll exterminate them and gain what they have, making you stronger to attack moors and defend against france, ive noticed the only reason people ally is simply so the other faction wont declare war, and in my case, as france, they declare war anyways(denmark was my ally and betrayed me, invading all of northeastern france all the way to rennes, now im defending rennes, bordeaux, toulouse, marseille and surprisingly im barely holding on to paris.

the best weapon against portugal btw is heavy cavalry, france is mainly heavy cav and portugal is mainly missile and light troops, so if u have an army of 50% heavy cav u should massacre them with ease
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

I see. The reason I go for the bigger power is so that I don't have problems with it later. For example, when I drive the Moors out of the Iberian Peninsula, I immediately peace them, then go after Portugal.

But I'll take your advice, thanks.

Indefinitely Banned

If you manage to drive the Moors out of Iberia you can simple block the passage over the strait by numerous ships(to avoid them from being defeated by pirats or foreign powers), that will make the Moors unable to fight on due to the blockade and the AI dont do amphi attacks.
    But most of the time trying to reinact the Reconquista the problem is, that Portugal(or Spain, depends on what faction you are playing) will stab you when you are sieging Corduba/Granada.
    So i guess taking Portugal out first would be the best start out tactic

Lots of priests, to take and hold the Moorish regions. Once you've spread Christianity to high percentages there, religious unrest will drop. Some spies of your own will counteract their spies too, to reduce unrest.

That'll also net you a few cardinals, and a good shot at the papacy.