Thread: Born of Hope - LOTR Prequel Film

Default Born of Hope - LOTR Prequel Film

I just saw the fanfic LOTR film Born of Hope on YouTube. It was made a while ago: it's a prequel about the lives of Aragorn's Parents (and Grandfather). I feared it would be bad but it is really good. high production values for something made for only £25K!

If you loved the LOTR films, give it a go. It's free on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l97GiM--jY

I expect it has been mentioned here before but I think many people may not have heard of it and will enjoy it.

Arathorn, Aragorn's father. I can assure you, he's not terribly fond of orcs ;-)

BTW the village scenes were filmed in a recreated dark ages village in England called West Stow, that's why they look so authentic.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Born of Hope - LOTR Prequel Film

Just watched a bit of it and my impression is that while I think the production values are great and the music is rather good, it definitely suffers from having some silly/unrealistic fighting sequences. Some of the acting is also a bit cheesy. That narrator in the beginning was also kind of meh and irritating. Not bad, though, not bad. It's probably right at the level I would have expected.

Default Re: Born of Hope - LOTR Prequel Film

Last edited by Adjudant-Major; March 30, 2016 at 03:03 AM.