Thread: Getting my non-steam save game to work with the Steam version of the game, but I can't...

Default Getting my non-steam save game to work with the Steam version of the game, but I can't...

So I bet most of you know that RTW Collection is on sale on Humblebundle for 1$, so I said to myself "why not own this game on Steam as well?" and continue my Pergamon campaign.

So I proceeded to install RS II on my steam version all nice and dandy, but it always crashes whenever I load my previous save game, or even when I try to start a new campaign...

What can I do to solve this?

Default Re: Getting my non-steam save game to work with the Steam version of the game, but I can't...

Are they both the same versions? (patches etc)

Default Re: Getting my non-steam save game to work with the Steam version of the game, but I can't...

Yep.

i would recommend against switching to the steam version, since RS 3 will MAYBE work with the alex versions but not with the others