Thread: generals' speech and other sounds

Default generals' speech and other sounds

I have recently installed a copy od SS6.4 the game sofar works perfectly the only thing I have noticed is that there are no generals speech or at least I cannot hear them and also other sounds are missing, like when u capture some enemies and after a battle u can decide their fate, well there is no longer the sounds of them pleading for mercy when u are about to press execute or their cheer when u liberate or ask for ransom
    is this lack of sounds something wanted or can I fix it

and if yes how

Thanks a lot and well done for the mod it is really well done

Thanks

Dark

Default Re: generals' speech and other sounds

I managed to find alone the solution to my problem I just needed to change the original language of the game from Italian to English however I am experiencing another problem I keep having random crashes during battles I even downloaded and install the all bug fix compilation and I restarted a campaign for the 3rd time but I keep having random crashes please help me I have looked everywhere but I cannot find a solution

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusader1096 View Post
    I managed to find alone the solution to my problem I just needed to change the original language of the game from Italian to English however I am experiencing another problem I keep having random crashes during battles I even downloaded and install the all bug fix compilation and I restarted a campaign for the 3rd time but I keep having random crashes please help me I have looked everywhere but I cannot find a solution
    Sadly random crashes tend to happen. Sometimes they happen in a particular location (Tutmarakan sieges always crash at the end for me) but other times they happen randomly. They are sometimes caused by memory problems, that is when the engine is processing and saving battle data before returning to the stratmap. They can also happen during battle due to memory problems, because the SS units often have very detailed models, which require more memory from the computer.

There is no solution to these problems at present. It is not a bug, just the engine cannot always cope with the increased memory demands of SS as compared to vanilla, because M2TW uses only a single processor. So even if you have an 8 or 16 GB RAM, the game will use only perhaps 1 GB and so when it has to deal with a lot of data (large armies, multiple armies, huge unit scale, complex settlements, maxed out settings, etc) it can run out of memory and crash. If it was possible to reallocate memory across multiple processors, this might solve the problem but I do not think anyone knows how to achieve this.

I find that pausing at the battle summary screen for a little while helps if the computer is trying to process a lot of information. I do this anyways, to have a look at the stats and see which units are doing what I want them to do and which ones I can shuffle away and disband because they are pieces of poo.

Thank you so much for the detailed reply to you both

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    Sadly random crashes tend to happen. Sometimes they happen in a particular location (Tutmarakan sieges always crash at the end for me) but other times they happen randomly. They are sometimes caused by memory problems, that is when the engine is processing and saving battle data before returning to the stratmap. They can also happen during battle due to memory problems, because the SS units often have very detailed models, which require more memory from the computer.

There is no solution to these problems at present. It is not a bug, just the engine cannot always cope with the increased memory demands of SS as compared to vanilla, because M2TW uses only a single processor. So even if you have an 8 or 16 GB RAM, the game will use only perhaps 1 GB and so when it has to deal with a lot of data (large armies, multiple armies, huge unit scale, complex settlements, maxed out settings, etc) it can run out of memory and crash. If it was possible to reallocate memory across multiple processors, this might solve the problem but I do not think anyone knows how to achieve this.
    Use Large Adress Aware to force Medieval 2 to use more then 2GB of RAM. You will never have another crash again. Atleast I haven't.