Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug Reports

Alekos I will check when I go home and will get back to you with detailed instructions. (But probably tomorrow cause I work until late tonight sorry )
    Turn 27 on Rhodos turn right? Rhodos is the last faction in the line? and what faction do you play?

I have solved... thanks!

A few rounds then I removed the crashfix.

Tomorrow can you read my new thread "info e questions" ?

Good work e night!

Ok. I am replaying right now there.
    Cheers

Hello there, I adore your mod, let's get that out of the way.
    However I have been having crash issues whenever I want to fight a battle on the battlefield in the campaign.
    It is concerning an ambush battle, playing as Argos. I keep crashing whenever I want to fight that battle.
    Any help?
    thanks in advance and kind regards.

Jefko thanks for the kind words mate!
    Is it possible for you to upload your save file?

Hmmm I have faced this problem from users many times. It seems that almost always the game cache need verification. Try to verify it from steam. It fixes the problems almost everytime. If this does not work please post here the link with the file as M@x said. Cheers

I verified the game cache but unfortunately it did not work.
    I found my saved file but how do I upload it to this forum?
    I can open it using my notebook, internet, ...
    But nowhere can I find a link, only the name of the saved file.

Just find the file and upload via mediafire or similar, and post the link here.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

I had a crash at Mytilene turn in third turn or so. I don't remember if there was any fix.

https://www.mediafire.com/?8xruqbwnb929by1

Here is the link to my save file.

Thanks Mr Jefko. Will take a look at it soon.
    Linke if you want you can upload it also for me to check.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

It was just one time so seems pointless

Mr Jefko sorry for not giving you news I was extremely buzy these days. Will try to have a look this weekend. Keep an eye here
    @ Linke. Ok mate. Glad to hear it.

@MrJefko
    Sorry for the delayed response. I dont know if it was me but I could not acceess TWC for a few days..
    Anyway I passed the turn normaly so the crash must be of a mod conflict or another reason. Here is the pic of the next turn

Thanks for the response Phalangitis.
    I wish you a happy new year and past christmas (if you celebrate that) foremost!
    So can I play the ambush battle then without crashing or not?

I could. To be honest there were some repots of strange ambush battle issues but I suspect conflicts. Keep in mind that there may be some old mods that although deleted they still remain active (there are some mods in movie format). In case there is still an issue just avoid this specific ambush. I believe that you may be able to ambush again normaly in the future. I ca at least. If you still are facing problems dont hesitate to write again

I noticed a few things- Phalanx vs phalanx seems to be pretty frustrating as the enemy unit will just walk through the formation and not even fight. Also when I've flanked a unit, my flanking unit gets the "attacked in rear" nerf as opposed to the enemy unit.. pretty much defeats the purpose of flanking.

I also just had a naval town assault where I was attacked by Korkyra. All of the enemy units seemed to just march straight to the city center after disembarking from their ships without fighting my men that were blocking them, and if I ordered my men to attack the enemy, they would march towards the city center. It was as if my units were coded to attack the destination the enemy unit was moving towards?

Another thing I noticed was that the enemy really struggles in sieges all together, this probably has more to do with the core game but just thought I'd bring it up. 9-10 units in this battle disembarked and just stood on the shores for 20 minutes, then finally started marching.

For the last 2 points these are problems conserning Rome 2. There is nothing we can do to influence battle Ai even if we wanted.. From my personal experience though this is not happening very often so I can bare with it..
    For the first point I need to explain in detail so be patient for a while since I am still at work. Will get back to you. Till then I suggest to have a look in this video. Towards the middle-end there is a comment on positioning. Never the less I still will explain in depth the means to bypass this issue and the reason for it happening.

Sorry for the delayed response, I was very busy all these last days…
    So again this issue is a vanilla one. The units are trying to flank the enemy so they try to turn and face the enemy from the side. This is not noticeable in pikes in vanilla because the longer size keeps the enemy at bay and does not permit the turning. In Hellenika though that we use the pike formation for hoplites the shorter doru permits the turning movement. So this has 2 side effects that they cause some frustration but to me these incidents (not on purpose) increase the in game realism by.. accident. To explain what I mean at first I need to describe the situation in detail so others can understand also.

“side effect 1”
    In this case the enemy unit in front of your own trying to flank you goes through your own units forming a weird T shape. In this T the - part is your unit torn in half while the I part is the enemy cutting through your lines in a desperate move to flank and rout you. First of all I have noticed that this event seems to be depented from the weight of the enemy. If you have another unit right behind your own (Like this -> = ) and if you have the unit in the rear in othismos mode it seems that the enemy cannot cut through your lines which (if I am correct) is accidentally fantastic because it represents the deeper lines. Also an enemy doing that is surely doomed because in turn its own flanks and rear are exposed from a unit you may bring to support your own. In any case when this happens it is not pretty I agree but at least it does not happen very often

“side effect 2”
    In this case the formations after a while they lose their tightly packed look and they get a bit messy. In situations such as these an enemy soldier may happen to find himself in your flank and the game engine again overreacts and gives you the flanking morale penalty which in some cases may cause your units to waiver or rout faster than usual or even unfairly fast.
    The solution to this is the most disturbing for gameplay but the most realistic one. It is so nice and realistic that even if I could fix this issue I would not. Let me explain.
    The solution is to check your lines often and when you see a unit losing its shape or the enemy in front of him causing you problems then you need as fast as possible correct the formation with your mouse by dragging and and forming a new line either in the same spot or in another spot close by. This increases micromanagement dramatically which is a reason for some users to hate the Hellenika’s battles but to most history lovers is plain perfect. It is nice because the soldiers in reality were loosing their formations also. During the rearrangement of the units in an attempt to find their correct formation sometimes breaches were formed and the units collapsed in no time. In reality 90% of deaths were happening when the phalanx was dissolving and the soldiers routing. In game when you lose the formation and you correct it by dragging a new box the soldiers trying to find their spots again. Some of them turn their backs, some move a bit to the left and right etc. This increases momentarily your death count but as soon your phalanx repositions itself it is stronger and more effective than before. So this increased micromanagement that is needed to keep your lines intact and your flanks secure resembles the exact micromanagement the field officers were giving to the soldiers to keep their ranks. During this course of actions with the corrections turnings etc you see a battlefield that is “liquid”. You may start the battle facing North and finish it facing West. You constantly moving, flanking etc. I understand though that many players want the easy way. They want the soldiers “robots” formations solid and the prefer to give the attack order and then watch the battle by zooming and admiring graphics. In Hellenika usually there is no time to “sit back and relax”. You constantly checking, regrouping, moving units in order to get the best result and that’s why I say that even if those errors could be fixed I would keep them in
    Finally there is a small trick. If your phalanx is flanked and wavering and you need quickly to save it for a while without turning it or reforming it then you can form a square. In square there are no flanks anymore so you stop taking the flanking penalty. This has also some historic value in it. In any cases Greeks surrounded formed squares.
    I hope I helped somehow.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Phalangitis; January 15, 2017 at 12:35 PM.

I would like to know, I read the manual is a can opinions of the people. I have a question to ask. When recruits mercenaries, it counts in the 9000 Spartans or have can recruit as much as the one, have wanted to thank very much a good way to play totally unpublished for me.
    Ps Sorry for my English these Google translation.
    I would like to know, I read the manual is a can the opinions of the people. I have a questions to ask. When recruits mercenaries, it counts in the 9000 Spartans or have can recruit as much as the one, Have wanted ?? Same for the Persians ?? Thanks a lot very good mod a big difficulties? Is a way to play totally unpublished for me.
    Ps Sorry for my English these Google translation
    Is also or I could download your hand tactic tactic video menu thank you very much.