Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Unlock non-playable factions with Assembly Kit and PFM

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Unlock non-playable factions with Assembly Kit and PFM

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    Possibly, but I was referring to the non-playable factions initially without modifying anything. For these questions, better ask in the "DB Editing and Scripting" section. I have hardly investigated this matter.
    Ok I fixed it!! I followed this tutorial as I was only changing the one Victory Conditions as it is in two areas within the starpos that need to be changed! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ves-Rome-2-Mod

Good find! Yes, it works for me now too. Although I don't think they count as achievements on Steam.

Good stuff Miguel, its nice to finish the factions with all the correct text in place!

Yes, especially if you have thought interesting victory objectives.

Yes, especially if you have thought interesting victory objectives.
    Yes thats my next job to start adding some of those!

Is there any reason why this wouldn't be working at the moment with a clean install of Assembly kit and Attila? I can't get the Cha_startpos to process under any condition, including having no mods (yes I've used the taskmanager etc) I just simply tweaked Cha_fact_carloman to make it playable and I can't for the life of me get BoB to create a .pack with the startpos edits....I've been troubleshooting this for the better part of a week now with no success...I'd appreciate any help?

Here is the error I am getting:
    https://imgur.com/fzZEVN6

Hello. I don't know what the problem might be. It should work well, the operation is very simple. Try to delete the Assembly Kit and install it again, I think there is something that prevents proper functioning.

P.D: What you have marked in the screenshot, Did it appear in red letters?
    Last edited by Miguel_80; June 19, 2018 at 04:38 PM.

Hmm I have done that several times, including deleting all total war files and games from my computer and completely re-installing everything.... I can make factions playable easily enough through the PFM but I want to be able to do alot more through the Assembly kit and implement changes fully etc... Yes the error was in red letters :/

To leave doubts if it is an error of the Assembly Kit, since in the main campaign of Rome 2 the same thing happens, I send you my Assembly Kit where I have unlocked the Carloman faction. It should work for you too. If not, the root of the problem must be thoroughly investigated. Maybe the problem comes from some bad configuration in this folder: "C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Attila\"

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!2BAiACbB!zP-uhkqIN...kUa8npLHvqTbLI
    Last edited by Miguel_80; June 23, 2018 at 08:55 AM.

Still no success, used a vanilla install with no mods and your assembly kit. I can't even produce a vanilla startpos at any point...it is the same error. Perhaps I am not "check-marking" the correct boxes in BoB? Could you tell me exactly which ones? I have watched a few magnar videos and read the forums about which ones to use (and I used your guide at the start of this post specifically with the screenshot of BOB) as a guide....At this point I am close to giving up :/

Selecting the campaign in the BOB is as simple as that:

Do you choose the "Cancel" option in this window and prevent the game from starting? The game must start so that the "startpos.esf" file can be generated.

Yes, I have task-manager open, select cancel and then launch attilla manually myself as the guide said... when you say select the campaign do you mean the one under "Working Data" in the middle and select the box for cha_attila?

In the Steam window will appear that question. You must press "Accept" to start the game and it do the compilation process. Only appears the splash screen, and when you start listening troop noises it means that everything is working well and soon you will have your ".pack" file created correctly.

P.D: The campaign selection is better done as I have shown in the screenshot.

Oh my gosh...I think that was my issue...this whole time, and I swear I recall seeing a guide say cancel that steam window and launch the game yourself... wow thanks A TON Miguel_80 I appreciate it mate!

You're welcome mate. I'm glad that the Assembly Kit is working correctly for you.

You're welcome mate. I'm glad that the Assembly Kit is working correctly for you.
    Yeah Thanks again Miguel_80, got a ton of modding done the last few days....lol finally. Random follow-up question, if I add a custom name_group with several names in the names table as well, and assign it to a faction's characters in start_pos_characters and also change the faction names list to match the new custom group....is there a reason why that faction's characters all show as [NAMELESS] in the campaign? do I need to place the names and names_list files in the db folder manually like the political_parties ones listed earlier because of the DY_YOUR_HOUSE error?

Sorry was trying to post an image link, I can't seem to edit my earlier post :/

https://imgur.com/a/6zSCjLo

Your new group of names, Have you added it in the "name_orders" table?

yes, I copied one of the cha_names there (cha_names_vikings) so far I have the names done in names, names_list, and name_orders table...and have attached the names to several characters in a faction which I properly assigned the new names to in the faction table....is there another culture/subculture or name table somewhere that I am missing?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast