Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBUR HQ (Komnenian Overhaul)

Default CBUR HQ (Komnenian Overhaul)

I've been working on a personal project to make new models for the old Komnenian roster to match the ones you are preparing for Great Conflicts.
    I thought I would upload them here if anyone is interested to try them out. They will not overwrite the original cbur models, but it will overwrite your export_units, modelsdb files and your order_mailed horse folder so backup before trying them.

CREDITS/SOURCES
    Cbur (obviously )
    Roman/Kwarezmian Unit Roster
    Lord Hamilton's Unit Workshop (for Alamanoi)
    Ruisichi Total War

You'll have to excuse the terrible screenshots but I have 0 experience when it comes to them.

THEMATIC UNITS

Contaratoi

Toxotai

Acontistai

Castrophilakes

Scoutatoi (Spearmen and Swordsmen)

menaulatoi

Pronoiarioi (they are pretty much the Ruisichi Kataphraktoi models with swords instead of maces. Their shields are flang on their backs but they use them with their swords after the charge)

Archontopoula

Acritae (Dismounted Version are the same models so I didn't take any screenshots)

Cavallarioi (the Mourtatoi are the dismounted version of these models)

Stratiotai

TAGMATIC UNITS

Athanatoi

Scholarioi

Spatharioi tou Vasileos

Siphonatores

Varangians

Alamanoi

Latin Mercenaries (Gasmuli & Handgunners)

Latinikon

Skythikon

UPDATED LINK (2022): https://www.nexusmods.com/medieval2totalwar/mods/11/
    Last edited by Bardas Phokas; March 29, 2022 at 02:38 PM. Reason: updating download link

Default Re: CBUR HQ (Komnenian Overhaul)

By the way, I made this overhaul for Stainless Steel 6.4.
    Normally I would just edit my original post but I seam to be unable to do so, so I am just clarifying this in this reply.
    Please tell me what you think.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Its a very nice atempt.
    I think Dominion of the Sword needs such a roster!
    GOOD JOB my friend!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Great job with these! CBUR really needed such an update. My only suggestions would be to get rid of the big crosses on the chests of a lot of the infantry, as I think that they're a bit distracting, and I would also look at better alternatives for the spatharioi and athanatoi armour, because it's pretty low res compared to some of the others. Other than that, this is terrific.
    "The city is fallen and I am still alive." - Constantine XI Palaiologos
    "Beyond all ideas of right and wrong there is a field, I will meet you there." - Rumi

Thanks! I agree about the upgrade textures, but I kinda like the crosses XD.
    With that being said i won't be fixing them for a bit because I am busy with working for the Tsardoms team.

those Alamanoi are by far the best looking foot knights i've ever seen

do you happen to have any more of Hamilton's work ? i would like all my foot knights to look like the Alamanoi just with diferent colors for every faction

Nikiforos XMike's Avatar Tiro

could someone please upload a working link please?
    this seems to have expired

The link is now updated. If anyone can suggest an uploading site whose links do not expire every few months, I would appreciate it.
    "There is nothing more conductive to the destruction of a nation, whether it be republic or monarchy, than the lack of men of wisdom or intellect."
    -John VI Kantakouzenos, Roman Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Bardas Phokas View Post
    The link is now updated. If anyone can suggest an uploading site whose links do not expire every few months, I would appreciate it.
    I use Deposite Files and postimage for the images (also refresh the images too).
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

tinypic for images, and make sure to make profile there and to upload only when you are logged in. They dont decrease quality of pictures and dont delete them for several years atleast

Libertus

OMG can you make a standalone for vanilla?

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    I use Deposite Files and postimage for the images (also refresh the images too).
    Deposite Files sucks 60 minutes for a 10 MB download is way too much some might
    have a busy life and things can happen like accidently exiting the web page and bam start over or you are passed your free data limits T__T

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

That's a piece of art! Great job! Is it an open source?

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    That's a piece of art! Great job! Is it an open source?
    I would sugest you contact with their creator to sent you the files.
    CBUR Official Komnenean/Palaiologian Roster will be released only after TGC mod (that includes Macedonia Dynasty roster) is also released. Untill then these model of our frined can do the job!!

Do you know when it will be released?

There's no problem with files - the deposit link works fine. I'm asking if there's a permission to use.

I try to copy and paste the files into the main CBUR folder and the game won't start up. Did I do something wrong?

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Well, they are made for Stainless Steel, not for Vanilla + CBUR. Maybe someone will provide us with files containing only the lines that need to be added and information on what to delete, but so far this has not been done. I've failed to merge this even with the SS bugfix compilation.

Search "HQ" combination in battlemodels.db contained in this unitpack and you'll find new unit's lines and model names. Then replace soldier models with this new units in EDU of your mod and that's all.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Are there units still available, and are they possible to add to BC and Ruishi?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast