Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing Leader Icons

Totalize's Avatar Libertus

Default Missing Leader Icons

When I click on an army for instance Napoleon army's in the Grand Campaign his leader icon is blank (as are all generals/leaders) and when I right click to get information about the leader the main picture is blank but a small icon of the leader is in the lower right of the main picture.

Do I need to add or remove something here?

Default Re: Missing Leader Icons

Leader icons missing as above in MOE_EUR campaign. When I go into Napoleon's campaigns and select Italy all leader icons and images show up. Could their be something amiss with the startpos or scripting files?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

are you sure you have the MoE_Portraits .pack, in the data foilder, and in your userscript?

Yes, I have the portraits pack in the data folder and scripts file. However, I noticed that I also have a user.script file in the data folder. I don't think that's suppose to be there.

I just downloaded a portraits pack mod for NTW_Eur campaign. It has a start pos.file and a Mod.pack file. Instead of putting the startpos file in the NTW_eur campaign I put it in the MOE_Eur campaign replacing your startpos file. I put the Portrait pack in the data file. I backed up your startpos file first though. I then ran the game. When I started the grand campaign the Mod's portraits icons came up no problem but of course it started a Eur_campaign not the MOE_Eur campaign so your units were missing. I then got out of the game and put your startpos file back in the MOE_eur campaign. I left the other Mod's portrait pack in the data folder. I then launched the game and started a grand campaign and you mod started up with units but again the main screen has the portraits of all the factions except Napoloen for Fance. When I click on say the the Austrian Flag the portrait of the Austrian Emperor appears. If I then click on France it transfers over the Austrian Emperors portrait or whatever portrait/flag I clicked last before selecting France.

So, I can only guess that your startpos file is somehow corrupt as it's not pulling in the portraits from the portrait pack in the data folder.

Got it working. Please disregard my posts above.

Patrician Artifex

Good because honestly I did not quite follow your explanations

I have played the grand campaign and some of the leaders and unit information is missing. For example Marshal de Gouchy has no leader Icon and some of the Italian regiments do not have a soldier display when you right click on the the regiment.

Patrician Artifex

For the Italians it is a known issue, I need to make the info cards for them I still haven't found time to finish it.

Same for most German minors

I do like playing the MOD despite the minor inconveniences of missing leader and regiment cards.

Any idea when you plan to have these fixed?

Patrician Artifex

The only thing missing for sure are the regiments cards for some German minors (working on Saxony at the moment), and some Italians (they will be done before end of month)
    For me, I don't see missing leaders.

So; if you have a lot of missing leaders, it's probably an installation issue. If a specific leader is missing, please list them, and be specific. For example, Grouchy has an icon in custom battle, and he is not in the Grand Campaign at start. So where do you see him with a missing icon?

Here are the missing leader icons I have thus far.

Charles Antoine Lasalle
    Henry Delaborde
    Jean-Baptiste Drouet
    Armond Philippon

I installed all the necessary files that I can see including the portraits pack. Done from clean install, no previous mods installed. This includes the 4 main set up files, the individual files highlighted in yellow and orange and some of the optional files i.e. audio which I wouldn't think would affect the icons.

Patrician Artifex

Where exactly at the icon missing? In campaign? In what window?

For me playing as France in campaign, once all starting generals are recruited (ones with unique unit icons) all generals generated thereafter, who have the default general icon in the recruitment window are, once recruited, given a blank silhouette icon. Haven't got that far with other nations to see if they have the same issue.

Yes, in Campaign mode playing France. VP is correct after the starting General are recruited all other new generals as mentioned above and going forward are blank. This includes the icon in the army display window and when you click on the leader. The Unit/leader window is also blank. Not an install issue that I can see. Maybe you can get some help from the guys who did LME. I played their mod and all leader icons show up even well into the campaign game.

Patrician Artifex

Ah, now I see what you mean and I can reproduce it. I thought there was a missing icon right from the start, but I couldn't see it.

I think the problem is here only for France, I made change for every faction, but for France the change was not save correctly, and now I have fixed it. I will release the correction with the Saxon update at the end of the week.
    Last edited by Steph; April 19, 2016 at 12:05 PM.

Great. I am well into a campaign game of MOE and it would nice to see these leaders and others from France.

Patrician Artifex

Well, it requires a change of the startpos... And so it is not saved game compatible.

Also, not leader related but you have missing unit icons for Koenigreich Sachsen 2nd and 3rd militia regiments. Not sure if this is for all militia regiments but these are the 2 I have seen thus far.

Patrician Artifex

With the latest update, released today? Or before that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast