Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: modification ROME 2 NM on the engine, Total War ATTILA

Default Re: modification ROME 2 NM on the engine, Total War ATTILA

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Any spesific tool of it?
    Sorry to bother but i am total noob in Rome II and Attila modding.
    you make a file in PackFileManager tiles4 in movie format, you can add any city from Total war Rome II,total war Attila, that's the whole secret

Tell me how to add ships from Total War ROME II ,with animation question

Last edited by Artstudio; April 01, 2016 at 03:08 AM.

Tell me how to add ships from Total War ROME II ,with animation question

You need to port Rome 2 models_naval, edit ship_dbs, and naval_units in addition to unit_variant_ships.

Please wait, I will explain more clearly with more detail later.

Quote Originally Posted by You_Guess_Who View Post
    You need to port Rome 2 models_naval, edit ship_dbs, and naval_units in addition to unit_variant_ships.

Please wait, I will explain more clearly with more detail later.
    thanks

Make a Pack containing models_naval of Rome 2, then put it in Attila data folder. Remember to rename the models_naval, so it will not replace the original models_naval of Attila. For example rome_models_naval, r2_models_naval, or anything you like.

Pack File Manager cannot edit models_naval, and we modders also do not know how to make a completely new naval model in easy way to make in a format that Assembly Kit can translate into models_naval. However, we do know how to convert models_naval db into xml. But inserting the modified models_naval this way have to use PFM.

So, to work on models_naval, ship_dbs, and naval_models in Assembly Kit, You need to make dummy placeholder key in Assembly Kit. It can be in models_naval; OR in ship_dbs to be later edited in PFM. Its your choice. In your completed naval mod, put in Rome 2 models_naval.

If you want to edit models_naval itself, read this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ip-model/page6
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...models-editing
    But because you just want to port Rome 2 model without changing it, it is not necessary.

Ancient Empires team already succeeded porting Rome 2 ships into Attila. You can ask them too.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...deo-1-29/page6
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...deo-1-29/page7

Here a picture of me try porting a Rome 2 barbarian_heavy_raider to Attila:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by You_Guess_Who; April 01, 2016 at 09:41 PM.

Make a Pack containing models_naval of Rome 2, then put it in Attila data folder. Remember to rename the models_naval, so it will not replace the original models_naval of Attila. For example rome_models_naval, r2_models_naval, or anything you like.

Pack File Manager cannot edit models_naval, and we modders also do not know how to make a completely new naval model in easy way to make in a format that Assembly Kit can translate into models_naval. However, we do know how to convert models_naval db into xml. But inserting the modified models_naval this way have to use PFM.

So, to work on models_naval, ship_dbs, and naval_models in Assembly Kit, You need to make dummy placeholder key in Assembly Kit. It can be in models_naval; OR in ship_dbs to be later edited in PFM. Its your choice. In your completed naval mod, put in Rome 2 models_naval.

If you want to edit models_naval itself, read this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ip-model/page6
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...models-editing
    But because you just want to port Rome 2 model without changing it, it is not necessary.

Ancient Empires team already succeeded porting Rome 2 ships into Attila. You can ask them too.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...deo-1-29/page6
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...deo-1-29/page7

Here a picture of me try porting a Rome 2 barbarian_heavy_raider to Attila:

Thank you very much,helped me a lot with this question to understand ABH

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Artstudio View Post
    you make a file in PackFileManager tiles4 in movie format, you can add any city from Total war Rome II,total war Attila, that's the whole secret
    Could you make a step by step simple quide tutorial please?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Could you make a step by step simple quide tutorial please?
    esterday I explained all ABH ,better turn to him he will tell

For Rome II ship models, you can really just pull the models_naval from Rome II and make it into a partial table. You have to be kind of quick about it, though, when you select it. Or extract it and add it back into the pack after you rename it. PFM does not like to save or attempts to view that one.

In terms of an overview of how to port over cities, thread here I created a week or so ago on it. Artstudio helped clarify the situation for me and was kind enough to give advice. He is farther along than I am in this, but I posted a brief rundown today of where I am at in this process (response to another modder who wanted to change up different Attila cities/ports):

The issue here is battle maps. Hassassins, you don't need the DB at all for what you want, and it should be more successful than porting over Rome II cities which are really hit or miss whether they work correctly. But I have to stress that you aren't going to be setting unique settlements for, say, Sicily. The way the game works is there are a few settlements and port cities for each culture in the tiles4.pack. There are only a few custom cities in Attila - Rome, Constantinapolis, Ravenna, and Ctesiphon. The others share generic port types with there being Eastern Roman, Western Roman, Sassanid, and Nordic to choose from for the Grand Campaign. In terms of ports, there are only two with a small and medium sized version of each and then a minor. These will be shared for several spots on the campaign map, and when conquered they are converted to one of the other cultures generic settlements.

You need the files from the tiles4.pack. That's it. If you want to replace the port used for Syracuse so it uses Eastern Roman architecture, you need to find which of the ports in the settlement_western_ports it uses, and replace that with an appropriate port from settlement_eastern_ports.

This is all we can do until we get Terry working or unless I/someone figures out how to process a unique tile on the campaign map without Terry.

So, when I started this post and warned that this is a very imperfect solution, this is what I meant. In terms of Rome II maps, there are issues with many of them. Land ones replace find, but when rivers and ports become involved it is a bit trickier as Rome II and Attila's settlements are different sizes and the terrain isn't always right. There's also some weird issue where rivers don't look right visually (super glossy and I think sped up animation - I haven't figured out a fix yet).

So, to reiterate, you just need to replace the tiles in the tiles4.pack with those of another settlement that you want to take its place. Ideally, one that is similar. Check it in custom battles to see if it works right and its the one you want.

EDIT: - One thing I forgot to mention is that if you want to port over Rome II's settlements, you will need a large pack with Rome II's buildings. Attila has some with the same names, but not completely the same models/textures (I believe, at least).
    So, not a step by step tutorial, but covers what you need to do. It's not overly complicated, but you have to be careful about matching up settlements. This has more use for some mods than others.

Myself and another modder are looking into ways of getting custom maps in without Terry, but that may be a pipedream at this point. What we all really need is CA to fix Terry to make all of our lives easier.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    For Rome II ship models, you can really just pull the models_naval from Rome II and make it into a partial table. You have to be kind of quick about it, though, when you select it. Or extract it and add it back into the pack after you rename it. PFM does not like to save or attempts to view that one.

In terms of an overview of how to port over cities, thread here I created a week or so ago on it. Artstudio helped clarify the situation for me and was kind enough to give advice. He is farther along than I am in this, but I posted a brief rundown today of where I am at in this process (response to another modder who wanted to change up different Attila cities/ports):

So, not a step by step tutorial, but covers what you need to do. It's not overly complicated, but you have to be careful about matching up settlements. This has more use for some mods than others.

Myself and another modder are looking into ways of getting custom maps in without Terry, but that may be a pipedream at this point. What we all really need is CA to fix Terry to make all of our lives easier.
    Unfortunately without Terry there is no possibility to assign the index of any region

Looks great but what is the difference between this and what Ancient Empires mod is doing?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...pires-%28AE%29
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

I am surprised you can make fire_pots. I always crashed the game when I mod it in. I can do Harpax but not Fire Pots.

Oh, I want to learn your secret - can you post me a screenshot of your PFM to do fire pots? What models and textures should I need? I need a list.

I think Quadireme (roman_four) are too small for Ballista. It looks unbalanced. You should only put big siege engines on Quinquireme (roman_five) or larger ship

Also, I see you use the land version of Medium Ballista model with 6 wheels (rome_ballista_medium). You should use Rome_Ballista_Medium_Ship model instead, with no wheels.
    Last edited by You_Guess_Who; April 08, 2016 at 03:14 PM.

I am surprised you can make fire_pots. I always crashed the game when I mod it in. I can do Harpax but not Fire Pots.

Oh, I want to learn your secret - can you post me a screenshot of your PFM to do fire pots? What models and textures should I need? I need a list.

I think Quadireme (roman_four) are too small for Ballista. It looks unbalanced. You should only put big siege engines on Quinquireme (roman_five) or larger ship

Also, I see you use the land version of Medium Ballista model with 6 wheels (rome_ballista_medium). You should use Rome_Ballista_Medium_Ship model instead, with no wheels.
    sterday I explained all ABH ,better turn to him he will tell

Эй, чувак, хорошая работа. Есть ли у вас дату, когда это будет сделано?
    Hey , nice work dude. Do you have a date when it will be done ?

Will you change the names from Attila to Rome II names? So we'll have family names like Maxismus, Scipio and Pullio for romans? Who'll be the leader of the romans?

Artstudio, Do you know if it's possible to add the RTW II army Deployables like the rolling fireballs and add the snake pots for ships?

Because i would love to see those fireballs in the atilla engine with the fire mechanic's.

And since the romans used snake pot's in there navy it would be awesome to have as a ability!.

--------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast