Thread: Castles & Cities

Default Castles & Cities

Hi everyone, Ive been playing these games since shogun & used many mods & kept up to date with community developments etc but never bothered posted anything.
    I was just wondering abouththis castles vs cities thing. Whilst it does sort of make an interesting new dynamic it seems a bit silly really. I dont understand why forts in a medieval game havent got more prominence. What i mean is, why cant forts essentially replace castles? Obviously without all of the recruitment options. But i think it would be really good if you could build fully fledged castles in strategic points around your kingdom. Guessing that upgrading these would be rendered impossible by the game engine but you could just have advanced castles costing loads of money. I dont know the mechanics of anything as i am a computer luggard but just wondered if anyone else had ever considered this. It would also make the problem of one settlement per region redundant as you could have castles dotted all over the place?
    Maybe a stupid idea and or impossible but thought id mention it on my debut to this forum!

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Default Re: Castles & Cities

Moved to The Gathering.