Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Your EB Empire

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Your EB Empire

This is a Roma v.80 campaign being played on M/M. The year is 241 BC and the Polybian Reforms have just occurred.

I started the campaign by recruiting a half-legion and using it to clear out Southern Italy. Another half legion was stationed above Rome to keep an eye on the northern border.

Once the new southern territories had been assimilated, the additional income gained from them conquests enabled me to build my southern forces to full legion strength (4 x Hastati; 4 x Principes; 2 x Triari; 2 x Levees; 2 x Accensi; 1 x Equites), which was used to conqueur Sicily.

Sicily pacified, the legion was sent back to Capua to re-equip. Meanwhile, the northen forces were expanded to legion strength and all of Northern Italy occupied; starting a war with the Aedui, which still continues.

After a little r & r in Capua the 1st Legion embarked for the conquest of the Sardinian provinces, where resistance was light. Meanwhile, a slightly battle-scarred 2nd legion went on to claim all the Dalmation coastline and, after two pitched battles, destroyed Epirus as a faction and occupied its homeland.

The cash influx from the Dalmation mines allowed the recruitment of another two legions, which were duly despatched to take the Pax Romana to the Iberian peninsular.

So, to recap. It is 241 BC, the Ploybian reforms having just occurred. Rome controls 24 regions; having fought 72 battles - with the loss of only one sea battle. Revenue is 25,000 per month, due to the full ecxploitation of the mining communities. Rome, currently, has six legions. One in Epirus, keeping watch on the Macedonian border; another based just north of Rome; two legions are operational on the west coast of Iberia with another returning from there, to Rome, to be re-euipped. The sixth, and final, legion is being raised around Capua and is almost ready for active duty. Rome's present income would probably support a further two legions.

Now the decision has to made where to go next. Whether to finish off Iberia before taking on Carthage, or risk taking them both on at the same time. Then there is the question of Macedon - they will have to be dealt with sooner or later!
    Last edited by Tony83; February 05, 2007 at 11:11 AM.

It's going to be tougher going for folks in 0.81 when those mines get turned down I think. Good that people probably want a little more of a challenge now anyway though.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou View Post
    It's going to be tougher going for folks in 0.81 when those mines get turned down I think. Good that people probably want a little more of a challenge now anyway though.
    Cool, that should make things a bit more interesting because I feel a bit like that Trump geezer, the way cash is flowing in at the moment.

If I've read correctly elsewhere, 0.81 should also address the inconsistencies surrounding Roman troop recruitment (i.e. not being able to access what you should be able to, where you should be able to). If this is indeed the case then tightening the financial belt, because of reduced mining income, will be a small price to pay.

For me, EB still remains the most challenging and enjoyable of mods.

Thanks guys

081 will fix a few of the recruitment issues, but I don't know all of them. I realized the best Pontic unit wasn't being recruited though due to some problems, and it looks like we will have that fixed, as well as pontic recruitment in Nikaia. That's the only one I'm involved with.

megaflus's Avatar Semisalis

are you going to fix the thing were a town revolts and the game shuts down because thats really ruening my game experience

yes. that is fixed in our 0.81 build (at least we do believe it is fixed, but our playtesting will get us nowhere near what the testing of the release by the public will bring).

This is my Roma v.80 campaign being played on H/M. After unifying Italy I went after the Carthage first thing, it took many years to destroy them (they held out forever in their last stronghold at Garama). I know I have progressed slowly but I was concerntrating more on my economy than military. As you can see KH and the Spainish are pretty powerful. AS has been a powerhouse since the start of the game, slowly destroying all around them. The Getai have formed a powerful empire. Casse has conquered Britain and Ireland. Most of my legions are near the Spainish/Gual border with a more at the northern KH border. I have 1 legion in africa taking Tingis and Sala. Egyt has been losing ground since the begining, they just took back Memphis and Alexandreia a few turns ago. Bactria is not doing so well, they just went to war with AS and lost those 3 areas all in the same turn. Sweboz is down to only 1 area and is a vassal to 3 empires.

The GETAI are too big! Nerf the Getai!!!

Nice, to see you going well, and congrats, yet I am shocked/awed by how many people are yelling/screaming NERF this/that dependent on how their game progresses.

Seems to me that you must either go for KH or Lusotannan. Your choice really!
    Go Minerwars Go! A 6DOF game of space mining and shooting. SAKA Co-FC, Koinon Hellenon FC, Epeiros FC. RS Hellenistic Historian K.I.S.S.

What I've decided was to go after Gual and Lusotannan. After taking over all of Gual I would finish off the Lusotannans. By then I will most likely be at war with the Getai so I will fight a 2 front war against the KH and Getai.

I examined most of other people games and saw that Carthage became a beast so thats pretty much the reason why I spent so much effort to destroy every single last one of them. Carthage + time = superpower, superpower = very bad for me.

In my opinion it is more fun to fight an empire that is around your size and strength or bigger than you, then it is fight one with only a few territories. People only complain because fighting an empire is so challenging. When you fight an empire they have gold and many armies to back them up, sometimes 20 full stacks of elite troops, but the thing there is that you have to be able to think things through, like how to build an army to balance out those or how could I make an army that could use hit and run tactics on them. When people face empire that are big in the game it requires them to actually think about all the actions that they must do. In BI for example at the end part of my vh/m game as the WRE there were only 3 empires with all the land on the map, Burgundi, ERE and me. I found this fun because it is so very challenging to take down an empire with around 50 territories and has a military power that is massive and so very challenging to destroy.
    Last edited by BioHazard; February 07, 2007 at 05:50 PM.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

I'm having a great campaign with Sweboz (H/VH)

I first conqeuerd the Baltic territories, northern Belgium and Scandinavia, then pushed to the northwestern Black Sea region, the rest of Belgium (which i just bribed during a wealthy phase^^) and the Celtic regions bordering at the Danube. Aedui and Dacians are allies since almost 60 years, Romans, which i clipped by Vindobona and Iuvavoeta, are in state of war since 10 years or so.

Im currently expanding in Illyrian territory, 'cause money is low and i want an acces to the mediterranian sea.

Here is a scene of the battle coming up above

The key feature of this faction seems to be the cult of Tiwáz, which i've put through in every core province + some military relevant provinces like some baltic ones, Euburonum and Belgium. Together with blacksmith and game fields, this strategy provides an improvment of my units by +3 exp (sometimes even +4 exp), +3 morale and +1 weapon upgrade. Especially the Wodánáwulfoz (i usually have at last 2 of them in every major battle) become devastating assault troops this way.

Since a few rounds i'm beeing attacked by the Seleucids which are incredibly powerful and wealthy. They conquered half of Greece and push into the Bastárnoz' territory. They even dared to send an expedtion to Carrodonum, where they have been ruthlessly slaughtered of course, mhurrhurrhurr...

In my opinion, it's not overexaggerated, if i find that EB is the mother of all mods. Thank you very much, guys

BTW: I allowed myself to change the stats of Hundáskápiz (btw thats's not necessarily a denomination for elite. 'Hardingoz' or 'Berhtengoz' would fit better imho), since they actually shouldn't be identical to Herthoz.

I'd like to know, if EB's stat-guys would agree with my approach:

Code:
    type             germanic infantry hundaskapiz
    dictionary       germanic_infantry_hundaskapiz      ; Hundáskápiz (Group of Hundred)
    category         infantry
    class            heavy
    voice_type       General_1
    soldier          germanic_infantry_ferulharjoz_hundaskapiz, 25, 0, 1.6
    officer          officer_germanic_standardbearer
    mount_effect     elephant -3
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_improved_forest, very_hardy
    formation        1.2, 2.4, 0.7, 1.2, 4, square
    stat_health      1, 0
    stat_pri         13, 8, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, sword, 0 ,0.225
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, no, no, none, 0 ,0.1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  7, 12, 3, metal
    stat_sec_armour  0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat        5
    stat_ground      0, 0, 1, 0
    stat_mental      18, disciplined, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 2775, 694, 80, 130, 2775
    ownership        germans, slave
    I also noticed that Gástiz seem to have wrong costs. These should be
    Code:
    stat_cost        1, 2560, 640, 80, 130, 2560
    right?
    Last edited by swabian; March 17, 2007 at 11:48 AM.

Bump

Here is my little Makedonian kingdom now. I have united the mainland Greece, expect Aitoloi, since it has a strong rebel garrison and my army is quite poor after all this conquering. Also, i can't still retrain most of my units, until i get those better barracks. I had some economy problems in start, but after conquering Athens, money is now flowing in, althought all is going now to buildings.

Sorry for doublepost, but things are going interesting now:

I have now conquered some Illyrian provinces, and also landed to southern Italy with an big army. I bribed some rebel levy armies to use them conquering Byzantium, but when i was besieging it, i got a surprise: Arche Seleukia had conquered Nikaia, but when it revolted, it became my province. I had it's garrison, some skirmisher cavalry and levy hoplites, all having full golden expirience points, and golden weapons and armour. The thing is, that i am now in war against Seleukids, and i hope they will put up a good fight. I mean, my situation is almost going to be like in Greco-Persian Wars: If they suppress the Nikaia's revolt, i hope they will come and attack against me in Europe. My little kingdom against that giant Seleukid kingdom, this is soo interesting, I think i'm going to put 300 men to every pass in Greece, and i will make sure they are hoplites

Just speculating, nobody knows are they going to conquer even Nikaia. At last i got a reason to build another army to attack Asia Minor, but before that, i have to transport my army from Southern Italy back to Asia Minor.

ps. Notice that Averni has managed to get Galatia in Asia Minor to their hands

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gruffles View Post
    Side question: Was it BI that allowed you to change settlement names? I have to say I loved that feature. It was a good way to honour old members of your family tree that accomplished great deeds.
    i remember nothing of the sort

Here my Roman Republic, kinda small atm. Also thought it was cool that the AI actually ended a conflict with diplomacy rather than just conquering every last city.

Btw any tips for staying in shape financially?

Icon3 Re: Your EB Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Xiŕhóu XiangLong View Post
    i remember nothing of the sort
    It is actually possible to change city names in BI, and IIRC also in R:TW 1.5, but some aspects of the EB campaign script won't work if you change the name of cities it affects.

I am very impressed with the Aedui's expansion. They are giving me a lot of trouble, Im having trouble keeping up with thier numbers while managing revolts in my southern empire.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7168/aeduisr4.jpg
    Last edited by Kataki; April 03, 2007 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Forgot link to my picture :)

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

Heres my victory, in my carthaginian campaign, i dont know if ill continue it or not, but if i did, i'd recruit roman soldiers and put them in the first line of my formations to die first, hahaha

this was on E/M

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

name's Avatar Libertus

Bump:

I am expanding slowly but trying to keep some units for defense, also I have some CTD related problems at the moment
    Proud owner of Total War: Eras and Medieval II: Total War

Decanus

Currently playing as carthage.
    Starting cities are Kart-Hadast, Adrumeto, Lilibeo, Lepki, Karali, Ippone, Alalia, Gader and Mastia.

The year is currently 257BC winter, and I have conquered Kirtan, Siga, Tingis, Sala and Arsé. Messana is currently under siege and it won't be long before it falls.
    After that it will be a matter of time before the punic war starts. Alltough I'm still allied with rome (found that to be a bit strange).

I'll try to take a screenshot, but my laptop is somewhat acting strange when I hit the printscreen button.
    There goes the human intellect: give them an inch, and they run a mile in the wrong direction.

Off all the gauls, the belgians are the bravest ... ==> Julius Caesar

thelord's Avatar Senator

i thought i'd revive this thread for some pics for peoples 1.0 campaigns, i will put mine up tomorow when i have access to my pc with EB installed.