Page 29 of 90 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738395479 ... LastLast

Thread: Your EB Empire

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Your EB Empire

Nice thread.Nice Campaigns!
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

The Getic empire in 208. I'm pretty sure I control all the provinces required for victory, but I'm not victorious yet. I hope I don't have to abandon my Greek and Italian provinces to win

I'm allied with Carthage and the Ptolemaioi, and in constant warfare with Rome and the Seleucids.
    Ironically, it's easier to expand through them than through rebel settlements, because rebels now usually have 3 full stacks and one or two max-star generals near each settlement.

Most of my professional armies are now made of 5 Dacian Heavy Phalanxes, 5 Dacian Elite Infantry units, 5 Dacian Noble units (they kick ass), 2 Dacian Elite Archer units, 1 Dacian Elite Skirmisher unit, and the general.
    I use those for offensive actions, and armies made of regional units for defending their respective regions. I can tell you I hate sending elite troops back to Buridava/Sarmizegetusa for training after every major battle.
    Last edited by Rize; May 15, 2010 at 01:20 PM.

Nice Empire.

Look at your Faction Leader trait or click "?" on the faction scroll page for your victory conditions.

At first glance, I see you've not yet conquered Olbia. Besides that, there may be some other faction you have to kill or outlive.

Ah, completely forgot about that!
    Looks like I still have to take Rome and Mediolanum, plus some other lands to win.
    Oh well, might as well use all those Germanic armies for something else than defending...

Nice Empire Rize! Do you find Getai's troop selection to be good?

Quote Originally Posted by pspguy123 View Post
    Nice Empire Rize! Do you find Getai's troop selection to be good?
    He'd better say yes, because they have one of the strongest rosters in the game. Makes up for the poor economy.

Nice campaign!

Dean Martin's Avatar Tiro

Hey can someone pls tell me is Casse roster good? Maybe someone should mak a thread with a pool which faction unit roster is greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wercyngetoryx View Post
    Hey can someone pls tell me is Casse roster good?
    Infantry wise, yes. The cavalry depends heavily on regional units, most of which (Argyn Marca, Remi Mairepos, Taramonnos) are recruitable via factional barracks, but only in one or two provinces each.

Maybe someone should mak a thread with a pool which faction unit roster is greatest.
    AS has the strongest roster. But you could make a poll, if you want. If you are uncertain how to, I could do it for you.

Arche Seleukeia is not an option because for me this faction is not playeable, i mean no matter what units they would have i'll never choose them and no matter what mod ( this faction is the most boring faction in alll Rome Total war and none of the mod will change my mind about that faction)

As for the poll you are most generous and i thank you for your help
    I said "someone" because i never make a poll before and i never make a thread like : what faction is the best etc.
    Ussualy i make threads because i have a problem with EB or other mods and i need help

sorry for offtopic.

i found seleucia to be one of them most enjoyable campaigns back in RTW, nice roster & you were attacked everywhere nearly instantly + it had the best unit roster besides the romans themselves

sorry for offtopic too, i hope to bring up my armenian campaign, once things stabilize

My Roman campaign, around 50 BC... Just conquered Gaul 2 years ago right on schedule
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Good!

In my campaign Arverni conquered even Ankyra in Asia minor

In my campaign Arverni conquered even Ankyra in Asia minor
    Ankyra rebels to them. So it was the Seleukids or Pontos that conquered them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mediolanicus View Post
    Ankyra rebels to them. So it was the Seleukids or Pontos that conquered them.

Is there something more i dont know about EB?

Surely yes.

So if i play as Arverni i would have Ankyra?

If it rebels to you, yes.

Same reason why the KH gets so many cities by rebellion. Or why Saba gets into conflict with the Ptolies or Seleukids when those latter ones lose a province in Arabia or Aethiopia.

That's how RTW works, not how EB works.

Icon3 Re: Your EB Empire

Is there something more i dont know about EB?
    The area around Ankyra had been colonized by three migrating Celtic tribes known collectively as the Galatians. In order to give the town a Celtic culture, it had to be set to rebel to a Celtic faction. IIRC it can rebel to either, depending on whether the government building is upgraded by the Eleutheroi.

Albath's Avatar Civis

My Orontid Empire.

It took me a month to get to this point (longer than any other campaign I've ever attempted) and I still have someways to go before it can look remotely like the Achaemenid Empire. I have bucket loads of young FMs, so I just spread them around my provinces to act as my "Royal Eyes" or whatever they're described as.

My best king, by far, was Mher Yervanduni. I conquered Syria, Egypt, and the entirety of Arabia with him. He had full Command, Management, and Influence and a good amount of heirs to boot, but he died right before I was going to send him to Asia Minor to destroy the evil Pontos.
    Unus, duo, tres, quattuor, quinque, sex, septem, octo, novem, decem! - Proof that I can count from 1-10 in Latin.

An impressive empire. And good progress for only 50 years.
    It seems I´m turtling too much in the first decades of my campaigns ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    IIRC it can rebel to either, depending on whether the government building is upgraded by the Eleutheroi.
    So it can rebell to the Aedui or Casse also? How can that happen, cause have never seen this, it always became an Arverni settlement.
    Last edited by Xerrop; May 24, 2010 at 01:25 AM.