Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Your EB Empire

Default Re: Your EB Empire

OK, Casse checking back in. I finally got some time to play last night and this morning! It's still not an 'empire' but a thriving kingdom nonetheless.

I'm mainly just here to post the progress of the AI for everyone. Interesting. Gaul has been a protectorate of Rome for a couple/few years now and if I'm not mistaken they have a provence in Asia Minor. :hmmm:

255bc - Casse Campaign

One good thing about me posting Casse campaign pics is that everything you see on mainland Europe and Asia are AI. I've had no hand in anything off the island of Britain itself (thus far that is ).

I have to say this mod is so engrossing!!! I only have 3 provences but I am still have loads of fun building up my kingdom. In the next couple years I will raise an army to take wales (sorry don't remember ancient name of it) and then head north. The key to Casse (at least IMO) is patience. As for lack of archers, cav, etc. Meh. Who needs them. You have plenty of slingers and merc cav to recruite. The Casse Master Swordsmen look fun. I had a band of rebel CMS sit in my provence for several turns while I saved up some money. I was dying to bribe them into joining my forces. Alas, to no avail. You can be sure I didn't grant them quarter at the end of that battle. They had their chance!

Great mod guys! Thanks again!

EDIT: Update

I decided it would be better to take Caern-Brigantae and then Ynys-Mon later (better defensive position).

OK, still not an empire (hehe). But I can finally field a full stack and still make money. Things are pretty tight when you play Casse. But again, I think the key is patience and I now it's all paying off. Things should move a little faster as far as expansion now that I control most of Briton.
    Last edited by Francisco Montana; December 09, 2006 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Updating Info
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Those rebels in Britain is a pain in the ass. In 235 BC I've have conquered the whole iceland and Ireland, now heading for Scandinavia.
    Earlier my progess was slow but now its going better.

Can post pic later

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Quote Originally Posted by Appius View Post
    Those rebels in Britain is a pain in the ass.
    Yes they are. But I like how it slows down the pace and I have finally broken their backs.

245bc - Casse Campaign

Just an AI expansion update. I am happy to report that all I have left in Briton is Scotland and Ireland (sorry, I know modern day terminology drives the EB crowd nuts. I just don't remember the names just yet.)

Side question: Was it BI that allowed you to change settlement names? I have to say I loved that feature. It was a good way to honour old members of your family tree that accomplished great deeds.
    Last edited by Francisco Montana; December 09, 2006 at 08:18 PM.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

_TheChevalier_'s Avatar Centenarius

Nice campaign Lord Gruffles, but I'd love to see a Casse empire in a near future
    For those who want an update from my Sab'yn campaign will have to wait or maybe forget it, I recently started a Lusotanan campaign which I'm really enjoying, the problem with Sab'yn is that they don't have a good cavalry choice as Lusotanans have
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Do not breathe, neither look or listen, DO NOT EXIST!!!"

Fear not, _TheChevalier_. I have just taken Caledonia (sp?...Scotland) and if it weren't for the fact that the chieftan's bed is calling Ireland would fall quickly tonight. Alas, it will have to wait until morning!

Then I think it's time for the Gauls (Aeduis?) to get a poke in the rear (guard, that is!)

How come we're not seeing more empires from peoples? :hmmm:

Anyway. TheChev will be happy to know that I am all set for my continental conquest.

And for the EB team, my latest AI action map:

240bc - Casse Campaign

(It's hard to take these screens, crop them, resize them and all the while trying desperately not to look! )

Also good to see Rome has taken all of Italy.

my2bob
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gruffles View Post
    How come we're not seeing more empires from peoples? :hmmm:

Anyway. TheChev will be happy to know that I am all set for my continental conquest.

1.- Probably soon I'll post a screenshot of my Lusotanan campaign

2.- I'm really happy to see a unified Britain, ready to kill some Aedui , your campaing is doing well

-Edit-
    I didn't noticed, the romans are divided, that's weird :hmmm:
    Last edited by _TheChevalier_; December 10, 2006 at 07:10 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As told before I finally took a Screenshot from my Lusotanan campaign, the year is 253 BC ans I'm playing on H/H

The world in 253 BC has changed, Baktria, Pahlava and Saka Rauka are interested in expand their kingdoms, and have gone to war, Aedui has almost eaten the Arverni; Swéboz and Romani have expanded their lands, same as Seleucid and Ptolemaics in a minor way, Casse is freeze and Sab'yn has taken other province, Achea is for Koinon Hellenon and Epirotes have wiped out the Makedonians, whose now shouldn't be know as Makedonian, they should be know as The Bosphoran-Hellespont Kingdom, Getai have all the western side of Pontus Euxinus and Hayasdan is just ok
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by _TheChevalier_ View Post
    ...the romans are divided, that's weird :hmmm:
    Yeah, Aedui is under the protection of Rome. So they have military access in Aedui territory. I have -never- seen an alliance (let alone a protectorate) last as long as I have in this campaign. They've been allied since around 265bc. Shortly after that I broke my alliance with Aedui, patched things up with Swebo and allied them and Aventi (sorry spellings...EB newb). I didn't want anything to do with the scum from Rome. I'm also allied with Lusotana (again, spelling? ...Spain). Of course, I don't expect that to last forever.

EDIT: Oh, around 240bc Saka ceased to exist. I'll get another AI action map up tommorow after work.
    Last edited by Francisco Montana; December 10, 2006 at 10:21 PM.

This is my wanna be empire… it is about to grow by the hands of Hamalcar. (VH/VH)

Should Karthadastim go inside after such a clear victory?

I think so, Beware Syracuse…!

Last edited by Lećo magno; December 11, 2006 at 11:37 AM. Reason: more info

Not bad not bad, ill post an update on my camp after i play some more 2day im sure you guys will like what i have done since my last update, as well as fear for me on the enemy that looms over the world. -Leon
    EDIT:
    Heres the update i promised. As you can see the Macedonians are tearing everything up in Europe, hopefully i can muster a good defense against them. Egypt has expanded nicely as well, but the biggest enemy, and glad they are in the east, is Baktria. Hopefully when i face them, i will have conquered europe.
    Last edited by invictus; December 11, 2006 at 05:18 PM.

I guess since you kept Rome and Sparta in check Macedonia filled the void. In my campaign (where I've just now entered the continental theater in 236ish BC) Macedonia has one provence left.

Interesting.

Playing as the Selukids, VH for campaign difficulty, M for battle difficulty.

Things are going well in the west, but the East is beginning to look ugly. Serious happiness problems combined with aggressive rebels, Parthians and Baktrians is trouble. Especially when all my major troop recruitment centers are in the west!

What's the exact shell command to toggle FOW? Though I may not use it yet, I'm with Gruffles on that, don't want to see everything through cheating!

Open console and type "toggle_fow" Good luck with your camp -Leon

Romans seems too shy and Epirotes have only now, conquered Regium!!!! I am not trying to advance too fast since I enjoy confrontation against powerful armies.

Trajanus- the fog of war shell command is "toggle_fow" (without the quotes), then press enter.

my macedonian empire, i have three standing armies, two of them are mostly milita , conquered and destroyed the greeks, about to attack dacian, who is growing powerful, a thing i cant allow

Ronin's Avatar Biarchus

I want an update from Lord Gruff .

I'll post my empire later.

"I am ronin because I serve no master.

The set of principles that denote absolute justice require no
    subordinates.
    I am a warrior of justice."
    ~ Ronin

My lil“baktrian empire (H/H, BI.exe) , 228 BCE. After i“ve taken the screenshot i continued my campaign but on the next turn a message came up that i met the victory conditions, leaving me pretty surprised (i thought i had to re-establish Alexander“s empire ).

But i think i“ll continue until 0.81 comes out as i would love to see baktria on Crete and Sicily.

Did a lot of conquering with these guys:

I love them! Especially the horse archers...
    My general has been a 5 star, but he got the "battle weary" trait (-2 command), damnit...
    Last edited by malibu.stacey; December 12, 2006 at 05:03 AM.