Page 13 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863 ... LastLast

Thread: Your EB Empire

davepyne's Avatar Civis

Default My Selucid Empire

271 BC: First I evacuate Antioch and everything West of it so I can concentrate on the East. Baktria is first

266 BC: Now Parthia must die.

261 BC: Now the long war with the Saka begins as Rome expands and the Casse are going for the last settlement of their Island. Sweboz expand their kingdom, and Mekedon moves on the Greek Cities.

257 BC: I slowly make progress on the Saka while Rome moves into Illyria at the Epirotes' expense. Ptolemy advances up the Nile.

254 BC: The rebellious Saka gain a province on me through a revolt! Rome moves into Southern Gaul, and the Sarmatians expand Westwards. The Casse take N. Ireland.

249 BC: I finally finish of the Saka and retake Antioch and Palestine from Ptolemey.

240 BC: A time of consolidation. This distance from capital thing hurts! I take Tarsos and Salamis from Ptolemy, while my de-facto ally, the Saba, take Sinai. Meanwhile the Sweboz eat up Belgium and the Rhineland.

233 BC: I defeated a large army of Ptolemy in Sinai and cleared the way to Alexandria. Not wanting to anger the Saba I took the sea route from Palestine to The Nile Delta. The Aedui finish off the Averni and move into Iberia. Pontos crosses the Hellespont into Europe to take over most of Makedonia with some Roman help. Carthage expands Westwards. The Getai push the Sarmatians East who push the Hai South.

228 BC: I move down the Nile in force. For some reason there aren't a whole lot of forces there. After a couple large battles I have the bulk of Egypt under control. The upper Nile revolts from Ptolemic rule and their Kingdom is split into three parts: the main part in Asia Minor, a piece in Cyrene, and a piece in Egypt down South on the Red Sea Coast. Meanwhie, I conquer some Independent Eastern Regions close to India, while the Romans move into Central Gaul. The Saba break our "treaty" and I am forced to conquer Petra to protect the Empire. The Casse have united the entire British Isles.

Last edited by davepyne; January 20, 2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: additions

Default Re: Your EB Empire

Romani 210BC (Hard/Medium)

I'm currently struggling a bit. My Polybian units aren't strong enough against the high-tiered Hellenic units of the Seleucid Empire, who are now everywhere from Anatolia to the Nile. The just took Kyrene (North Africa) from me. I'm anxiously waiting for the Marian reforms because the only way I can further expand is by fighting the Seleucids and my current stacks can only overcome then if I outnumber them.
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

davepyne's Avatar Civis

That's an interesting campaign. It looks like you took the sea-route into Greece rather than passing through Illyria. And am I going crazy or is that a Sweboz-controlled province in North Africa? BTW who are you at war with currently (besides the Selucids)?

Dave what program do you use to show the "mini map" only, I have saves in my campaign every few years and I would love to share them with you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by davepyne View Post
    That's an interesting campaign. It looks like you took the sea-route into Greece rather than passing through Illyria. And am I going crazy or is that a Sweboz-controlled province in North Africa? BTW who are you at war with currently (besides the Selucids)?

Its probably Makedonia in Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by mikil100 View Post
    Its probably Makedonia in Africa.

Nobody's going crazy but yeah, that is Sweboz in North Africa. As soon as I took over that city, I realized that a couple of major Seleucid stacks (elite Hellenic phalanx with experience points and what not) were moving my way and I was in no mood to sacrifice my native Roman army so I asked my German allies if they wanted it and they took it. Now I have a buffer between myself and the Seleucids.

I also did this because I seriously don't want to go to war against the Germans because I don't wanna get dragged into a campaign that will have me conquer the poor, under-populated cities of central Europe and that's why I took the sea-route to Greece because I wanted to avoid the Getai.

Apart from the Seleucids (50+ settlements), I'm at war with Casee (they're down to one city though), Hellenes (down to 2 cities) and Epirote (2-3 barbarian towns).
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

davepyne's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Capital View Post
    Dave what program do you use to show the "mini map" only, I have saves in my campaign every few years and I would love to share them with you guys!
    I used a screen-capture program called FRAPS to get the full screen-shots, then I used Photoshop to crop them down so you can just see the mini-map. You could use any photo-editing software for the cropping though. I think even Microsoft Word can do the cropping.

I've been messing with it some, with Microsoft Paint, I may just have some tomorrow. Currently, at 213BC I have been having a terrible time with this dang CTD, for the last 6 or some years I have been fighting in Iberia, and in this last two or so seasons have finally gotten some pretty beat up legions on the bridges west of Emporium... Its the only hope I have at stemming this endless wave of Iberian attacks, whats worse is when I check the faction stats I see those Lusotanians have only suffered minimally in cash and military, and there population yet rises... I think the bridge has something to do with the critical CTDs I have just started receiving, but I will have to check over at the ORG and find out.

Microsoft Paint, I am using FRAPS beta (Started using rather), and so far have only good things to say about it..

for that roman one, you look like you have close to 90 settlements
    get the 90 and you'll have the marian reforms

some great empires i see

Hayasdan, 204 BC, RTW-exe v 1.1 Camp. H, Battle M

The reason the Saba have so much territory is because I gave them those lands (got sick of the endless annoying Ptolemaic attacks that never amount to much.)

Epeiros killed off the Maks (I generally try not to kill off factions if I can)

I sent Pontos to live in Barbarian land as opposed to killing them off (no move_character, they actually expanded that direction)

I set up the Getai (they are my ally) in in Byzantion as a buffer to Epeiros and Pontos (who are really pissed at me for whoopin' their arses out of Asia Minor)

Looks like the Pahlava are building up armies in my direction, and Baktria will come calling soon, should be fun.
    Last edited by merlinuscdxx; December 27, 2008 at 05:48 PM.

johnhughthom's Avatar Vicarius

Don't think I've ever seen the Pahlava that far north in the steppes, strange empire they have there.

Yeah, that is a bit strange, they are having a knock 'em down drag 'em out with the Sauromatae and Saka, are at peace with Baktria and AS. Most of the damage done to the AS was a combination of myself and the Saba (got tired of the pantocrapoi stack spam, which my horsearchers just eat as a light snack. It's always them and the Ptollies it seems, though the Ptollies send tiny stacks of decent troops as opposed to huge stacks of pantocrapoi).

johnhughthom's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by merlinuscdxx View Post
    pantocrapoi

In my Pahlava games I call them arrow catchers.

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    The 2nd Punic War:

218BC: Hannibal crosses the Alps and invades Italy. What I plan to do is make Mediolanum and Patavium revolt back to the Auedi to represent Cisalpine Gaul being 'lost' during the war and add a bit of role play... Historically Capua & Taras defected over too Hannibal, so if my Consular Legion which is on route to engage Hannibal looses, I will let the two cities revolt. They will be re-taken upon Hannibal's defeat. Once he is driven from Italy, I will head too Iberia......

EDIT:

Here's a more realistic shot:

I altered my script to spawn Hannibal in the winter, as he did cross the Alps then. Mediolanum and Patavium have now gone over to the Auedi and my Consular Legion is marching up from Rome to intercept Hannibal.

I've spawned his army further into Italy because whilst testing earlier (see earlier sreen shots) he would side step Mediolanum and head towards Massilia back to Iberia! Hopefully starting inbetween Bononia and Segesta will encourage him to engage my armies......

EDIT:

As I thought, Hannibal headed for home instead of attacking my army, even though we are at war. However, i have managed to trap him between two armies, so 'Trebbia' will happen!! I've also just noticed (pure fluke!!!) that my general facing off against Hannibal is Scipio:

It should be an epic clash, Hannibals veterans against Scipio's Legions......

Could you write down a quick guide on how to do this, or quote the text in the EBBS script that makes Hannibal spawn?

davepyne's Avatar Civis

Default Re: My Selucid Empire

271 BC: First I evacuate Antioch and everything West of it so I can concentrate on the East. Baktria is first

266 BC: Now Parthia must die.

261 BC: Now the long war with the Saka begins as Rome expands and the Casse are going for the last settlement of their Island. Sweboz expand their kingdom, and Mekedon moves on the Greek Cities.

257 BC: I slowly make progress on the Saka while Rome moves into Illyria at the Epirotes' expense. Ptolemy advances up the Nile.

254 BC: The rebellious Saka gain a province on me through a revolt! Rome moves into Southern Gaul, and the Sarmatians expand Westwards. The Casse take N. Ireland.

249 BC: I finally finish of the Saka and retake Antioch and Palestine from Ptolemey.

240 BC: A time of consolidation. This distance from capital thing hurts! I take Tarsos and Salamis from Ptolemy, while my de-facto ally, the Saba, take Sinai. Meanwhile the Sweboz eat up Belgium and the Rhineland.

233 BC: I defeated a large army of Ptolemy in Sinai and cleared the way to Alexandria. Not wanting to anger the Saba I took the sea route from Palestine to The Nile Delta. The Aedui finish off the Averni and move into Iberia. Pontos crosses the Hellespont into Europe to take over most of Makedonia with some Roman help. Carthage expands Westwards. The Getai push the Sarmatians East who push the Hai South.

228 BC: I move down the Nile in force. For some reason there aren't a whole lot of forces there. After a couple large battles I have the bulk of Egypt under control. The upper Nile revolts from Ptolemic rule and their Kingdom is split into three parts: the main part in Asia Minor, a piece in Cyrene, and a piece in Egypt down South on the Red Sea Coast. Meanwhie, I conquer some Independent Eastern Regions close to India, while the Romans move into Central Gaul. The Saba break our "treaty" and I am forced to conquer Petra to protect the Empire. The Casse have united the entire British Isles.

Ok, I just added a few more screens to my Selucid Campaign

This is from my Carthaginian Campaign in EB 1.0 with the victory conditions completed. I can't remember what year it was:

This is a completed Selukid campaign in EB 1.2. The year is 199BC:

This last one is from a Saka Rauka campaign that I finished early this morning (also EB1.2). The year is 224BC

I'd never actually finished an EB campaign completely up until the Carthaginian one shown above, which I did about a week or so back, so until I was confident enough and had a few campaigns under my belt, I've only been playing it in M/M. So I don't know if these really count for anything or not.

davepyne's Avatar Civis

kdub22,

Don't feel guilty about the difficulty you play on. Its always interesting to see how the AI reacts to the human player's expansion. Do you have any screen-shots of your campaigns with the "Fog of War" turned off so you can see all the map? To turn off Fog of War in a game, just press the "`" button on the keyboard and type "toggle_fow". The whole map is revealed and you can take a screenshot. Afterwards you can set the Fog of War back to on by doing the same thing (press the "`" button on the keyboard and type "toggle_fow").

kdub22,

Don't feel guilty about the difficulty you play on. Its always interesting to see how the AI reacts to the human player's expansion. Do you have any screen-shots of your campaigns with the "Fog of War" turned off so you can see all the map? To turn off Fog of War in a game, just press the "`" button on the keyboard and type "toggle_fow". The whole map is revealed and you can take a screenshot. Afterwards you can set the Fog of War back to on by doing the same thing (press the "`" button on the keyboard and type "toggle_fow").
    Unfortunately, no. I don't have any screenshots of them with the fog of war turned off, and I no longer have those save games since I re-installed eb1.2.

This is my bactrian campaign 240

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

its not much but its a start and i really would like to conquer the last indian province but first the seculids attack and i have to conquer them into a ceasefire which i did but right when i go to conquer it the parthians attack so know im at war with them and decided to conquer them then ill finally get that last province