Page 1 of 87 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Your EB Empire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Your EB Empire

Since i did not see this i figured i would make a thread, sorry if there was already one. Anyways, i decided we needed a post your empire type thread for eb, so here it is.
    Im playing carthage and have been having an interesting game. Rome started the punic wars and i have won control of sicily even invaded and conquered rome itself.

Also wanted to show the ai current expansion, though for some reason the casse do nothing really but sit around.

Empire's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Your EB Empire

wow your cities are rich
    "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

What difficulty level is that on?
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

I play vh/vh only. Update from that picm iv attacked the top most spanish town, cant think of the name right now, and iv attack capua with 2 full stacks. The Romans have about 1 1/2 stacks to try to defend it but my men are silver exp so they wont have a chance. If anyone loves to play carthage the best thing to happen to me was to finally recruit heavy phalanx troops, not the light 1s, the ones in chain mail. -Leon

_TheChevalier_'s Avatar Centenarius

I'm not sure if this can be called a true Empire, but this is all that I've conquered up to 260BC, I'm playing with Sab'yn (H/H)

The Ptolemaic stack that you can see only has Pantopadoi (1 exp), I revealed the map to see how is doing the world AI, Saka Rauka, Baktria, Getai and Casse have expanded a bit, Seleucids have grown and Ptolemaics have been forced to withdraw, Achea is all for Greece and Macedon got stopped, Epeiros have some stacks and probably will survive some years. The Romans have expanded as well and a lot of blood will run in the center of the Mediterranean.
    I'm planing to conquer the city west of Axum, called Meroe and then start to conquer the Nile, at the same time I'll protect my true homeland from Seleucids.
    Last edited by _TheChevalier_; December 07, 2006 at 06:22 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Do not breathe, neither look or listen, DO NOT EXIST!!!"

Interesting in my game the romans conquered southern italy but the epirots wouldnt let them keep it so they invaded and conquered both southern settlements, lost 1 and still have taras with about 1 1/2 stacks. Nice empire BTW -Leon

wow, guys! how do you earn so much cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    wow, guys! how do you earn so much cash?
    In my case is that Axum has a lot of mining-work, also other cities that have mines are Carna, Maryab and Tamane, also I'd got governors which gain a quite a good number of management points
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i see. so trait system pays off quite a lot.
    thanks

The thing is with mines is that lv1 mines produce 3000 a turn while the upgraded mines produce 10000 a turn. I have about 5 or 6 upgraded mines, so i can make anything i want just about. -Leon

You have a lot of mines, and upgraded ones, I just have 4, and normal ones, but when I take Meroe, I'll have a lot of money, so I'll be able to upgrades some mines, my best whishes for your campaign invictus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks, iv just conquered another spanish settlement, attacking another, and im assaulting romes last stronghold in central italy with what i like to call my roman killer army. Poor epirus though, they are down to only that italian settlement, so i either can kill them or let them be for now. -Leon

Quote Originally Posted by invictus View Post
    Thanks, iv just conquered another spanish settlement, attacking another, and im assaulting romes last stronghold in central italy with what i like to call my roman killer army. Poor epirus though, they are down to only that italian settlement, so i either can kill them or let them be for now. -Leon
    Yes, that's quite possibly the very definition of a killer army! Incredible!
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Quote Originally Posted by invictus View Post

What are those troops with the big white shields? Not the elite African infantry the other ones.
    Last edited by tls5669; June 29, 2009 at 07:42 AM.

This is the mighty indo-greek kingdom H/M alex.exe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It started out pretty easy. I was able to avoid conflict with the grey death for a while. I conquered kophen from rebels then then went north captured one of the settlements antiochiea something from the saka. i then took chach and immediately built stone walls everywhere i could. This would be extremely useful against the saka. by the time i took the settlement north of kophen which the saka owned. the grey death struck. I had to fight two sieges at bactria before my army could get back. I then conquered south going as far as gabai and persepolis. of course just west of me the parthians where also conquering southern settlements turning the grey death into a grey mess with me parthians and ptolomies taking alot of their settlements. Now i had the parthians to deal with and they were as large as i was. the war started just as i was about to start a campaign towards the indian territories. My army engaged them outside of antiochea-margiaina and although there was success at the begining the parthians started a assassian war. I lost 5 members of the Bactrikos family line and 3 generals i got from allies. the family was almost lost and without a general my army was forced to retreat and i lost alot of men. Luckly i rebuilt got three new bactrios come of age and attacked again. They were beaten in several big battles and were forced to sign peace with just ekabata and susa. I kept them alive to act as a barrier against what was left of the gray death. During this time i sent another general of 2 campaigns with mercenaries against the saka and both even though thier was success to start failed miserably. mostly because i could not afford any serious finacial backing but with the parthian war over and peace through the empire i sent my main army to conquer the indian regions and i built a 2 army of 6 bactrian horse archers 5 hellenic cats 1 general and any mercenaries in the area. The general was the same one from the failed campaigns against them know even though i won im going to obliterate the saka. (Ive had to fight like 2000 sieges against them because i could brake the siege but never destroy their generals so they always came back for more.) and i dont know maybe recreate alexanders empire (Kinda) i dont know. this is also the first campaign ive got to the win screen so im proud.
    Last edited by charles the hammer; June 29, 2009 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tls5669 View Post
    What are those troops with the big white shields? Not the elite African infantry the other ones.

I would like to know this as well, and that unit of spearmen with the silver looking armour.
    Last edited by pirates_say_arrgg; July 20, 2009 at 01:07 PM.

SimpleCourage47's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by pirates_say_arrgg View Post
    I would like to know this as well, and that unit of spearmen with the silver looking armour.
    they look like dorkim libi - ponnim (liby-phoenician infantry) from the unit documents , as they are not in my 1.2 version im guessing they are from older versions of EB

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

It's 225BC

Eastern Front:
    The Pahlavans just don't know when to quit.

Northern Front:
    Very peaceful, a good place to live.

Western Front:
    Maks, AS and Ptolemaioi are allies! Maks doing everything to get Masaka, Ptolemaioi already sent 2 full stacks to take Antiocheia but defeated. AS is crumbling.

Southern Front:
    Has nothing but desert, and some isolated AS without leader.

An almost finished Pan-Caucasus Empire

The future Persian King...perhaps. One thing for sure The Orontid Dynasty will conquer and rule.

A small army just raid Masaka.

An army stationed at Sophene, stopping Maks, AS and Ptolemaioi from entering Hayasdan.

Punic War will be rewritten...
    Last edited by chenkai11; July 20, 2009 at 09:32 PM.
    - REVENGE!!!
    - A NEW DYNASTY!!!

I notice Casse has finally made a move in _TheChevalier_'s campaign (that's the first time I've seen them do anything in a campaign...well, other than mine because I'm Casse ). Speaking of which. It's c. 267 BC right now and I'm finally all set to invade the central part of Briton (got a big ol' stack of rebels to deal with first). I'll post a screen later. Right now the chieftan (err that would be Daddy in today's world) has to go watch Pirates of the Carribean (Dead Man's Chest) with Mommy and Perry! Plus, right now I would hardly call my two provence kingdom in souther Briton an empire!

Great campaigns guys! Keep us informed on any juicey developements!
    Last edited by Francisco Montana; December 07, 2006 at 09:13 PM.
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

Well, now I'm giving an update, many men have died and this is how look Sab'yn in 253 B.C.

The Ptolemaic stack near Meroe isn't so dangerous as it looks, it has mainly Pantopadoi, money really has risen up and an army is marching to Ptolemais-Theron.

The world haven't changed a lot between 260-253 B.C.
    Saka Rauka, Sauromatae, and Romans have expanded their lands
    Baktria's Sulek got rebel an Aedui lost their settlements in Italy, Seleucids have expanded in Anatolia and Ptolemaics have started to expand in Sinai and Middle-east, Casse is moving troops to other rebel settlements. The rest of the world has stopped on expanding, they only fight land-battles and blockade ports, but nobody is really kind in conquering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 87 12345678910112651 ... LastLast