Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galadriel, Shield maidens, she-elves and warrior women.

Default Galadriel, Shield maidens, she-elves and warrior women.

So as the title suggests, may I humbly ask if Galadriel would be a general/governor as well? Since in the books she is the reason why the Golden wood didn't fall and she is the one that destroyed Dol Guldor to the ground, meaning she is very powerful.

Shield maidens and she-elves. Will there be any units from Rohan or Eleven factions that are comprised of women?

Other warrior women. The eastern evil men factions and other north-men factions. Will there be any warrior chicks being planned?

I will not bother with Orc and Dwarven factions

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Galadriel, Shield maidens, she-elves and warrior women.

Quote Originally Posted by dfool06 View Post
    So as the title suggests, may I humbly ask if Galadriel would be a general/governor as well? Since in the books she is the reason why the Golden wood didn't fall and she is the one that destroyed Dol Guldor to the ground, meaning she is very powerful.

Shield maidens and she-elves. Will there be any units from Rohan or Eleven factions that are comprised of women?

Other warrior women. The eastern evil men factions and other north-men factions. Will there be any warrior chicks being planned?

I will not bother with Orc and Dwarven factions
    I would say lore-wise no for all other but yes for Elves to a limited extent. Don't know what the team plans though. Not really worth making new models imo. Of course they plan on including Galadriel, and showing her awesome power in the mod.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Not lore friendly so I doubt it. I know shows like vikings have been playing up the whole shieldmaiden thing, but it is a-historical. Maybe they would add Eowyn or something. She is a shieldmaiden, but was only able to fight by pretending to be a man. LOTR is based on on a sort of dark age/medieval mix. Women were not used in combat in the vast majority of armies. Only a few groups stand out. The Celts, who have no real equivalent in middle earth.

As of yet no concrete plans for female warriors. Yes to galadriel and eowyn and maybe an elf archer unit but probably not. It just wasnt a thing in ME

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman View Post
    Not lore friendly so I doubt it. I know shows like vikings have been playing up the whole shieldmaiden thing, but it is a-historical. Maybe they would add Eowyn or something. She is a shieldmaiden, but was only able to fight by pretending to be a man. LOTR is based on on a sort of dark age/medieval mix. Women were not used in combat in the vast majority of armies. Only a few groups stand out. The Celts, who have no real equivalent in middle earth.
    Well the Dunlendings to the Rohirrim are kind of reminiscent of the welsh to the English...
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

The final Hobbit-movie (Battle of the Five Armies) had a few female Elf-archers, but that was a concession to political correctness, similar like having non European looking residents of Esgaroth and compared to the LotR-movies mostly pale skinned orcs. In this case, I would just follow Tolkien's ideas of Middle Earth during the Third Age, where Eowyn is a very individual case, ignoring the rules in Rohan by joining Theoden's army against his will (and as Chaman already said, she could only do that by disguising herself as a man).

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Pinarius View Post
    The final Hobbit-movie (Battle of the Five Armies) had a few female Elf-archers, but that was a concession to political correctness, similar like having non European looking residents of Esgaroth and compared to the LotR-movies mostly pale skinned orcs. In this case, I would just follow Tolkien's ideas of Middle Earth during the Third Age, where Eowyn is a very individual case, ignoring the rules in Rohan by joining Theoden's army against his will (and as Chaman already said, she could only do that by disguising herself as a man).
    Yeah it was pretty bad when they literally had to put African-american (or wherever they're from) actors into Dale. They looked very, very out of place, but they did a good job.

Celebon21's Avatar Civis

Political correctness needs to die. Right now.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

A bit offtop but totally agree with you guys. I'm not trying to insult anyone but when seeing a film or tv show I see everywhere damn propaganda of sexual minorities. If they want they can make shows just for them but not make films worse of this politic.
    In my own opinion, Sony just destroyed one of my favorite franchises Ghostbusters with new roster. I'm not saying the idea of women team was bad, I'm saying they went wrong way with making them lesbian, fat, afro-american and just stupid girl? Besides that too much humor like they copy not funny Marvel jokes.

Do you even know what "propaganda" is?

Quote Originally Posted by Person012345 View Post
    What gives you the idea that Mr.Jox doesn´t know what propaganda is?
    Besides this, there are multiple ways of doing propaganda and therefore the things Mr.Jox described are propaganda.
    Just because there is no "official" regime that is financeeing, deciding and multiplying doesn´t mean it can´t be propaganda! In fact it is like Boudelaire said about the Devil: "It is the finest treachery of the devil to make us belive that he doesn´t exist!" Same goes for propaganda: This is the best propaganda, which people don´t recognise as propaganda! And today we are surrounded in our everydays life with a multitude of propaganda.
    Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Person012345 View Post
    I surely know what it means in my native language, hope it means the same in English.
    You know, when you add let's say a gay or lesbian (and give it no plot connection) to horror film it has no place. Why the they do this?
    Good example of adding such things is Game of Thrones. Why is it good example? Because from history we know such things had place especially between lords and kings and very often it was very important part of the plot/story.
    It's also like Tolkien clarified that Aragorn has white skin, grey eyes, black hair, 2 meters tall. And what if afro-american plays this character? I know it's very hard discussion and I'm not a racist. I just think we very often get not needed propaganda of feminism, same-sex relationships and other stuff where it's not supposed to be. Why someone tries to ad this? Because he can control these people then. It's kind of programming their opinions. But it's something of philosophy, my own opinion.

I REALLY SORRY if I insulted someone.

Mr.Jox is right guys, When a book describes people with "Pale Skin", and they make a movie, and make an Asian play him as in Actor, it does not fit in well, especially for people who read the book, just for the sake of Political correctness, No, have other shows for that, but when a book is made you need to follow the basic concept, Also for woman, the fact is a big majority would NOT fit into the army, but don't get me wrong some would do well, but only 2% of the female population would be able to go hand-to-hand with another male and hope to win, so Don't put full female unit squads, instead if you must have a small handful in a squad.

Is there going to be a fair representation of the lbgtqlmnop community?

First of all tell me what does it mean

Quote Originally Posted by bosseruper View Post
    Is there going to be a fair representation of the lbgtqlmnop community?
    Normally I would guess he´s making a joke. But as our world is running atm there could be a chance that...this has a meaning. And chance is high that, if it has a meaning, this meaning will surley not find my approval.
    Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Don Juan_de_Austria View Post
    Normally I would guess he´s making a joke. But as our world is running atm there could be a chance that...this has a meaning. And chance is high that, if it has a meaning, this meaning will surley not find my approval.
    Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender. Don't even ask what the other letters mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebon21 View Post
    Political correctness needs to die. Right now.
    Make Middle Earth great again?

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Jmonstra View Post
    Make Middle Earth great again?
    Haha.

I do appreciate at least Eowyn and Galadriel being part of the mod. Thank you all for the hard work!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast