Thread: Voice Files / Sound Files - Help Needed Plz

von Gilgenbach's Avatar Foederatus

Default Voice Files / Sound Files - Help Needed Plz

Hello.

as it seems the soundfiles in the german version are a lot shorter and also reduced in variety to the english language versions. Is there any chance to import the english language voice files into the german version ? and if so, can someone (with an english version) help me with it ?

Cheers and thanks !

von Gilgenbach

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Default Re: Voice Files / Sound Files - Help Needed Plz

Yes id also be interested in having the english sound files. The german version is pretty much crap compared with the original one.

Please help us out.

I want to have English voices too. I don`t like Russian localisation I have
    Could anyone upload voice files?

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

For Kingdoms, the soundfiles for all localizations are located on the installation CD. For non-Kingdoms, you could try Xenophonia. At least soon. I'm not done with a version for localized M2TW yet. As for the German version being crappy, I disagree. The voice acting in the German version is much better than in the English one. Also, you should know that in the English version of the game only some of the factions have long and varied speeches. Most don't.
    Last edited by Beiss; January 13, 2008 at 03:57 PM.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Quote Originally Posted by Beiss View Post
    For Kingdoms, the soundfiles for all localizations are located on the installation CD
    There are Russian, Chech and Polish files, not English. (it looks like it is East european version).
    When I had 1.0 version, I replaced localized voice files (*.dat) with English voice files and it works great!
    But since pathes and add-on arrived, I can`t get new patched files.

----

Sorry for bad english

I don't think any of the patches change either of those files... at least not the English version. Too bad about the CD, I thought it was all on there. My bad.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

green tea's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by AlNe View Post
    There are Russian, Chech and Polish files, not English. (it looks like it is East european version).
    When I had 1.0 version, I replaced localized voice files (*.dat) with English voice files and it works great!
    But since pathes and add-on arrived, I can`t get new patched files.

----

Sorry for bad english
    How did you do it? Could you plese tell me how so that I could do it too?

And another thing: I am also interested in the english soundfiles. Anywhere a helpful friendly member that could upload it for us?

The entire English soundpack would amount to at least 600MB. Sending that data to someone who doesn't have it definitely verges on warez/piracy. I'm not going to do it for you, but there may well be someone else out there who will.

green tea's Avatar Ducenarius

First: Thank you for your answer. Now:

Quote Originally Posted by Beiss View Post
    The entire English soundpack would amount to at least 600MB. Sending that data to someone who doesn't have it definitely verges on warez/piracy. I'm not going to do it for you, but there may well be someone else out there who will.
    That is also a question I have. Is it piracy? I dont have those (english) files. That is correct. But I have the game (with german files- that is the difference here), I bought it, and I had no choice to buy the english version in my country. I know I could have downloaded it, but I dont like buying in the net. I am perhaps a bit conservative and like it more to have my own dvd, not some abstract data on my harddrive. If I would ask for some data from the expansion (Kingdoms) and had not bought it, then maybe this would be piracy. Or if I would ask for a complete game. But: those soundfiles can only be used if you have the game, it is just to change the game (to mod?).
    I see your point and really would prefer if SEGA could in the future put the english version also on the foreign dvds so I had not to ask for this. I see that this case "verges on piracy", I see why it can be seen this way. But I think that I also explained why I think that this is in this case no piracy.

Ok, to clarify, I'm sure CA won't mind, but sending the data might get you in trouble if the wrong people find out. For example, my mod, Xenophonia, consists almost exclusively of sound samples taken from the various localizations of the game, including the English one. Another example is the fact that I asked CA for permission to use the music from MTW in a mod for M2TW, and was granted it (though sort of inofficially). Your reasoning is probably correct, but that's only because CA are lenient on the matter. Had this been, say, an EA game, it would be a different matter entirely. I think... I do, however, still think it isn't really legal to be sending parts of the game back and forth, but I agree it should be legal to do so, and I think CA don't care either. I may be wrong about almost everything I just wrote here, but that's what I think.