Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: (WIP) environment and weather mod + extra blood

Default Re: (WIP) environment and weather mod + extra blood

Hi horsearcher, I downloaded your skymod In RTR fourm and it was great. Now, according to the screenies, this one is also "neccessery" for my own mod combo. However, I have a small problem here. I kept my packed files untouched, instead, i just use a mod switch to play my own mod, and easier to change stuff. So, i just added your mod files directly into "mymod" data foulder(which means i have 6 more files in mymod/data).

I thought it should work since by launching bat file, your files should jsut overwrite any of the packed files. but, i play few custom battles and did not see any change, like all the great blood effect.... your mod is supposed to pro-long the fire arrows on ground right? so i tried longbow-men and the fire arrows on ground dissapear within only 3~4 seconds... did i do something wrong, or it is suppose to be this way?

Horsearcher, the mod is SWEEEET! But im getting CTD's (unknown error)
    ANy ideas?

Is there any way to add the blood spurts to melee combat??? I love the effect in missile hits, would love to have it for melee too but SO far I can;t think of a way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoodleEatz View Post
    Is there any way to add the blood spurts to melee combat??? I love the effect in missile hits, would love to have it for melee too but SO far I can;t think of a way to do it.
    The only way to do it is to tell CA to do it, because I tried. ..Or some genius comes up with a code for it, but I highly doubt that it would be possible without the devs do it.

Horsearcher, the mod is SWEEEET! But im getting CTD's (unknown error)
    ANy ideas?
    No idea. I got no CTDs, and i'have been playing my game for many turns and possibly at least a hundred of custom battles.

it says "unkown error" in your system log?
    Last edited by HorseArcher; December 31, 2006 at 01:55 AM.

No CTD at my end. Played for 25+ turns through 20+ battles.

Ebullient Princesses! Titles! Bloodlines! Bastard Traitors!
    So much fun in one little BBB package! Get yours today!

The only way to do it is to tell CA to do it, because I tried. ..Or some genius comes up with a code for it, but I highly doubt that it would be possible without the devs do it.
    Thanks, I feared as much after looking through the unpacked files. Good Job with the Mod btw.
    Last edited by NoodleEatz; December 31, 2006 at 04:59 AM.

hmmm.... i havent played a campaign yet, i get CTDs from custom battles.
    ill need to check more things out and get back to you. Perhaps its some other mod acting up.

im using DLV 1.8 ext. i installed the skymod, and used --io. file_first at the end of the shortcut on desktop to open m2tw with that mod. in a custom game, fire arrows stay on the floor for a few seconds, but no difference to blood or weather.

any suggestions?

Same as Kye HELP installing skymod with DLV 1.8

Quote Originally Posted by Kye View Post
    im using DLV 1.8 ext. i installed the skymod, and used --io. file_first at the end of the shortcut on desktop to open m2tw with that mod. in a custom game, fire arrows stay on the floor for a few seconds, but no difference to blood or weather.

any suggestions?
    did you install the mod into the core data folder? that is: c/program files/Sega/Medieva II Total War/data

not the mod folder, right?

UMM its in another folder , it dos not work if i put it in the DLV folder and use its own batch file

it goes too C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

should i install it into data? do i have too put that small code in the DLV cfg file?

Kye.

Quote Originally Posted by Kye View Post
    it goes too C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

should i install it into data? do i have too put that small code in the DLV cfg file?

Kye.
    No, don't install it again, if you did install into the main directory, then your files are in the right place, except you aren't using your .cfg and batch file right.

look into your data folder, do you see a "globalligthing" folder? (if you unpacked your files you would anyway, but if you didn't then it should be there)

I'm betting that you are playing a mod, and it has it's own .bat -file that doesn't have the --io switch in there.

I'm gonna re-quote myself the 3rd time:

just right click on the .bat file and select edit...Voila! you can type in whichever mod you're playing.

for example your mymod.bat says this:

medieval2.exe @dumbodumpling.fcg (dumbodumpling is your mod you are already using)

than you just add (like you wrote)
    medieval2.exe @dumbodumpling.cfg --io.file_first

I've been playing with yor MOD for some time, and I must say that it really is amazing, one thing i don't understand, how can the original game miss this??

What where the devs thinking?

Nevertheless, congratulations mate

He Horsearcher Great work with the weather and blood
    i really missed it in the vannila MTW
    what you working on in the next version
    Keep it up
    You Talk The Talk !!!
    But Do You Walk The Walk

got it working! thank you.

the new blood effect is really good, i used gunners on scottish rabble while they were fighting pikemen, the effect is really cool. great mod

Kye.

Hi Horsearcher,what a nice mod !

I want to ask u a question:

wipeout140 said ''Well Horsearcher weather/blood mods enables it so fire arrows stay in the ground for longer and does not lag the game''

(see here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76035 )
    Is it true or what? also normal arrows stay on the battlefield for longer times? What parameter(descr_arrow_trail_effects,descr_effect_impacts,descr_flaming_projectiles,descr_projectile or descr_area_effects..)have u modified?

thanks
    Last edited by -Euronymous-; January 01, 2007 at 11:52 AM. Reason: ..

Quote Originally Posted by -Euronymous- View Post
    Hi Horsearcher,what a nice mod !

I want to ask u a question:

wipeout140 said ''Well Horsearcher weather/blood mods enables it so fire arrows stay in the ground for longer and does not lag the game''

(see here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76035 )
    Is it true or what? also normal arrows stay on the battlefield for longer times? What parameter(descr_arrow_trail_effects,descr_effect_impacts,descr_flaming_projectiles,descr_projectile or descr_area_effects..)have u modified?

thanks
    go back to that thread (lazy to link you) and you find out what I did!

back on topic, during my campaign, I noticed a sky (afternoon sky with a red Sun), which I didn't want be in, because that was one of my eariler attempt to make a new sky texture. I will fix this in the future version, as well as correct some lighting and fog settings.

Probably going to deal with the heavy/light fog, to variate more, I hate fighthing in the fog, that lasts as long as the battle.

Also going to expand on the other daytypes as well and try to make some of the skies a little prettier. They look too "texture-like".
    Last edited by HorseArcher; January 01, 2007 at 01:28 PM.

Whatever you meant to achieve with bloodmod for rome now nearly works with MTW 2. Blood is much much better than before and the sky effects are marvellous. I really love what you have done so far.

The strange thing is that those details do give the game a really different and feel and it is a lot of fun to view changes in the weather system.

This time you just have done it....!!!
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

I've played with this mod for the last few days and I have to say:

good job..the weather changes and new textures really improve the gameplay, but there is still one thing that annoys me...in each of the campaign battles, I have played so far, the sun was shining from the North west and was as high as it only gets at noon in europe...
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens