Thread: Yet another idea

waveman's Avatar Calix meus inebrians

Default Yet another idea

So, I've been having a think (never a good sign for my writings ) and I've decided that I may require a change of pace. Of course, this could just be a bout of insanity brought about by finals, but here we go.

I like my idea for Mynydd Baddon, but unfortunately I just don't feel connected enough to the characters. So I may either abandon it or update it at a rather glacial pace.

On another note, I have re-booted up Mount and Blade Warband, more specifically the mod Brytenwalda, which applies the mount and blade formula to Dark Ages Britain (or the other way around, perhaps)

In lieu of Mynydd Badon, I'd play as a soldier in a lord's warband, following him about and engaging in heroic (or cowardly) deeds until my character falls. It will focus in story, as that's my modus operandi, but when there's action or scenic views there'd be pictures and, I think, videos

Anybody interested? If not ill just conintue on with Mynydd Badon, and of course For Honor and Aquitaine will both continue on regardless (eventually)
    Last edited by waveman; March 10, 2016 at 08:43 PM.

My AARs/writing: Link
    Letters for writing: ,

Beckitz's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Yet another idea

I'm not familiar with Mount and Blade, so I would actually be interested if only to check out the game and see what's up

You get dropped into a world with nothing but some posessions, which are determined by a few questions about your background, such as profession, gender, what your father did. Then you have to make your way in the world by trade or by war. I generally pick the latter. You can recruit men from villages and train them, and then work for a kingdom (or be a bandit). Generally the goal is to help that kingdom expand, unless you decide to rebel and start your own kingdom.

Its a somewhat old sandboxy medieval rpg

I'd be playing with a mod that lets you be recruited into a lord's personal army, and thus will suffer at the whims of th ai. It will be the stories of the common soldiers

McScottish's Avatar The Scribbling Scotsman

I like M&B, I like the Brytenwalda mod, I like your writing. I'd say go for it.

Alrighty then, with one-and-one-half thumbs up, looks like I'll be doing this

OK, so I think at this point we've established that I'm pretty inconsistent with my works. I've started like, what? 8? 9? And about 3 of them are going to continue in the immediate future (well, actually only 2 of them as the third is more or less finished)

So I have yet another idea, yet again - and it might be more on the creative writing side of things, but then that is a creative writing-vs-AAR type of musing that I don't like to delve too deeply into, even though I enjoy reading people's thoughts on it a great deal.

Suffice to say, "Gladiators!"

Will this story happen? Honestly, I have no idea. A large part of me would like it to...

FrostySOTF's Avatar Ice in My Veins
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I quite like this idea.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Looks good, you should do it.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE