Thread: Pretty odd experience

cjm81499's Avatar Biarchus

Default Pretty odd experience

So I am playing as Mordor for the first time. I pretty much, built a royal stack of my best troops for the Witch King of Angmar to lead, and rushed the heck out of Gondor. I managed to capture West Osgiliath and Minis Tirith pretty quickly and that village nearby Minas Tirith, and despite many Gondorian armies, I held Minas Tirith for quite a while (thank you Black Numenorians). Anyway, so I am down to very few troops, and another huge Gondor army was coming (they seem to inexplicably obtain many stacks). I was definetely not going to win so I pulled out of Minas Tirith, and retreated to West Osgiliath. I also retreated from the village the Minas Tirith region envelops, as I had some troops there as well.

And during the end turn phase the turn I pulled out, Rohan comes out of nowhere, and takes BOTH settlements (Minas Tirith and the village) with two very good sized armies. So I now I have Rohan and Gondor to worry about. But still, how crazy is that, a Rohirim Minas Tirith?

Default Re: Pretty odd experience

What version was this? Vanilla?

But yes, Third Age is wonderful in that it's a different experience every time.