Thread: Request.

Default Request.

As the title goes, I have a request if it's possible and not too much.

I love this mod for it's campaign and unit features, I absolutely love it, but I do not have the slavic nations DLC installed, but I have everything in order up to the Age of Charlemagne.

Is it possible for you to alter your mod file and remove the necessity for the slavic nations pack? Can you make a version which can work for Age of Charlemagne alone?

Default Re: Request.

Asking modders to bypass the need for DLC to play locked factions is going to be a non-starter, and I believe that any mod which did so would be very much ​against forum rules.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

The slavic nations dlc in fact does nothing than unlock the factions, the actual content and rosters are technicaly not part of the dlc. So there is nothing illegal about making factions that are virtualy copies of the slavic ones but with different id's, as the faction id unlock is essentialy what you pay for (and wich can't be bypassed by modding)

Have to say that I disagree with that vigorously. The modding community exists and is able to function because it has a good relationship with Creative Assembly, and doing things to antagonize them, like enabling people to in effect play DLC without paying (tantamount to piracy), is the surest way to ruin that for everyone. They have no obligation to support modding, moral or legal, and if it starts to become an active threat to their business by enabling people to cheat them out of their work, they have every right to stop it.

As Linke write, the faction/culture DLCs does nothing special except unlocking a certain culture, which was not playable before. Therefore, the mod should work with whatever DLCs you have purchased, since it is entirely based on CAs contents and does not unlock any DLC contents in itself.
    However, I would disagree in copying DLC cultures and use substitute factions to represent them. It doesn't make sense for CA or us modders (i.e. a bad business case)

Hello,
    i like your mod, but i want to ask why arabic factions have all the same units?
    i've got desert kingdom dlc, why don't you add some unique units?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mister12x93 View Post
    Hello,
    i like your mod, but i want to ask why arabic factions have all the same units?
    i've got desert kingdom dlc, why don't you add some unique units?
    Thank you
    Thanks

I would prefer to stick to historically relevant units, Desert Kingdom DLC or not, which is the reason for identical Arab rosters. I have already planned to expand some of the smaller unit rosters in the next update(s) and that also include the Arab ones.

Hi. Ipretty much like the GC with your mod, but i play it with several others. Radious, unit mods, reskins, camp. mechanics, lots of them. For the moment everything seem to be ok but... So i started playing with Ostrogoths ( i have changed relligion to roman paganism) and here is a question: Can they recruit roman units from roman buildings? In my mixed selection of mods they cant. Is this just effect of my compilation or you done it in purpous. Couse faction still have this ability but roman military buildings giving me only one extra slot for recrutment. Anyway its not an issue but need to know. All the best and keep up good work. .
    Last edited by Blaksmiff; April 07, 2016 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaksmiff View Post
    Hi. Ipretty much like the GC with your mod, but i play it with several others. Radious, unit mods, reskins, camp. mechanics, lots of them. For the moment everything seem to be ok but... So i started playing with Ostrogoths ( i have changed relligion to roman paganism) and here is a question: Can they recruit roman units from roman buildings? In my mixed selection of mods they cant. Is this just effect of my compilation or you done it in purpous. Couse faction still have this ability but roman military buildings giving me only one extra slot for recrutment. Anyway its not an issue but need to know. All the best and keep up good work. .
    Thanks Blaksmiff

I left out the Roman units for Ostrogoths for the time being, but in IEB 1.1 it is my intention to re-think some of the unit availability for certain factions and expand the AoR dependencies. That also include the Ostrogoths.

Master & Commander's Avatar Libertus

Hey lutland, I just started playing this mod and it's great. I jumped ship from FotE to yours and so far I have to say your mod wins hands down. I really like all the factions rosters so far. I do have one request though if you don't mind.

I think it would be pretty cool to play as some of the Celtic/Briton factions in the AoC campaign. Like the Picts, Welsh, and Irish. You could take the island back from the Anglo-Saxons and all haha. Right now I have the all Briton factions mod for AoC and it works well, but sometimes the rosters get screwy and end up having vanilla and modded units together. So I was wondering if down the road you would be open to like unlocking the Picts, Scots, Welsh, and Irish so there would not be any more mod conflicts.

Also sorry for posting in an old thread, but it seemed kinda silly to start a new request thread haha.