Thread: Himyar - From Yemen to Africa and back again.

Default Himyar - From Yemen to Africa and back again.

Let me start out by saying that I am not much of a writer or storyteller, so this AAR will mainly be of pictures. If I can think of something to say about the picture, it will be posted above said picture. Otherwise, I hope you all enjoy my Pic-AAR.

The Eastern Africa shore's will be our first goal, as the religion they attempt to bring to our shore's is not natural.

The people of Arsum, have been lied to by their faithless leaders for to long. Their cities will be sacked and the people set free!

Nobatia, again ruled by lairs and infidels, they sha'll be set free to learn the truth!

The faction of Mazun, sha'll fall swiftly, first by Sea - as we must move their fleet away from the city, if our army is to stand a chance.

Senator

Default Re: Himyar - From Yemen to Africa and back again.

Pretty nice start right here. A few more screenshots and explanation would be nice, but what you have here is perfectly fine! Also, I laughed at the idea of the one Jewish faction running a budget deficit.

"A few more screenshots and explanation would be nice"

Examples? - Not sure what ye mean.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Wtdou View Post
    "A few more screenshots and explanation would be nice"

Examples? - Not sure what ye mean.
    By this I mean that you can never go wrong with adding in more screenshots, as well as expanding on what you've written beneath existing screenshots, perhaps explaining certain things, perhaps mentioning interesting or amusing things that happened during the battles or the campaign. Because while what we have here is quite interesting, I am very interested in seeing certain things such as screenshots from the battles you had to fight in order to take those settlements, as well as brief details of those battles.

Like I said, this is a perfectly fine start and I'm sure most would agree, but it is just something to take on board for the future. I hope that clears things up. If it doesn't, I'm sure Alwyn or Callaigh will come along and explain things far better than I can.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

A very nice start. Thank you so much for sharing...

+Rep
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Yea campaign ended, was having to much of a hard time with the populace, that seems to be my biggest issue(s) right now. No matter the faction.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Don't give up yet... Perhaps assistance may be found here....

Himyar Campaign

HIMYAR CAMPAIGN -

These are both top notch players who have overcome that...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

As for taking screen shots from the battles, I tend to auto-resolve battles, as I do not have the time to spend 30+ mins fighting. That campaign will take WAY to long.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post
    Don't give up yet... Perhaps assistance may be found here....

Himyar Campaign

HIMYAR CAMPAIGN -

These are both top notch players who have overcome that...
    Too late, I deleted it. I am going to actually sit down and do some research before I start another campaign. In the past week I've attempted 4 campaigns - all ending before turn 15.

waveman's Avatar Decanus

Maybe of how you move your armies on the strategic map? I don't know, whatever floats your boat.

You could try taking a horde faction such as the Suebi and settling in spain or africa and expanding from there perhaps

My AARs/writing: Link
    Letters for writing: þ, ð æ Æ

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Lortano View Post
    Like I said, this is a perfectly fine start and I'm sure most would agree, but it is just something to take on board for the future. I hope that clears things up. If it doesn't, I'm sure Alwyn or Callaigh will come along and explain things far better than I can.
    On the one hand, that's astonishingly flattering. On the other hand, now I'm worrying that I've been posting too much (again).

I think you explain yourself perfectly well, Lortano. I've read your stories - you don't need me!

Wtdou, I'm sorry you ran into trouble with this campaign. I think the bits of description you've put in really add hugely to the AAR. If I had any more suggestions, it would be to agree with Lortano and waveman that different types of screenshot can look really nice. I really liked your map shot at the start of this AAR - I thought that was a great way to get this going. Maybe a few more screenshots like that? Great work, though.