Thread: Persian

Default Persian

I can speak Persian and I was wondering if you wanted me to do some recordings for the timurids.

I also know a little Turkish, but Im not sure if modern Turkish would be wholly appropriate to the time frame ...

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Default Re: Persian

You could help with translating into modern Turkish, which will need to be done before translation into medieval Turkish can begin. Also, we might make modern speech mods for some of the languages. Either way, you're welcome to help. I wasn't aware that Persian was spoken by any of the factions in the game, so thanks.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Sanskrit_Bandit's Avatar Wielki Kniaź Wiślański

i dont think the timurids would have spoken Persian. they did control persia which was inhabited by iranians, by people of the turkmenistan region wouldnt speak persian.

I'm sure you're right - I just didn't know. Now I can update the table on the website.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

http://www.bookrags.com/research/chagatay-ema-01/

maybe this will help for Timurid language?
    Der Kaiser
    ΑΩ

http://www.bookrags.com/research/chagatay-ema-01/
    this can help. very good source. also i can help you. i am Turk and timurids had spoken turkish. very similiar with our turkish.

Hi -

I just had a look at your site (sorry I havent been here for a while - I've been pretty busy).

Some things:
    • The Turks would be speaking Ottoman Turkish during the Medieval period
    • Mongols would be speaking Classical Mongolian

And yes, I'm ok to do the Persian voice. However, I haven't got M2 yet, so you'll have to tell me (in English) what I'll be translating and saying

Oh, and @ Polak: I can't speak for all kingdoms, but I know in several Islamic kingdoms Persian was spoken as a court language for use by the upper class and for use in literature whereas the regional languages were spoken by the majority of the people.

- Daryush
    Last edited by daryush; January 05, 2007 at 12:05 PM.

Then the Generals can speak Persian (except during pre-battle speeches) and the commoners Turkish. But the timurids aren't even playable, are they?