Thread: [Award] Finlander for Novus

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default [Award] Finlander for Novus

Well met esteemed fellow citizens! It's with great pleasure and a true sense of honor, that I'm introducing to you today my very first sponsorship for a Large Award, that is, the Glorious Finlander for Novus.
    Finlander for Novus
    Content Emeritus

For years beyond count this Viking has served the Content with passion, commitment and continuous desire to innovate and be part of the important things. The list of his contributions to it is quite long and partly it can’t be disclosed, but I can provide you with an hint of some of the prominent ones, such as: member of the video-maker team and later on Director of the same, manager of the Picture of the Week Competition and later Director of the same, member of the Art Staff for years (where he contributed with designing awards and badges, taking part in organizing site awards and all the other duties which come along with being a Content Artist), he participated in the conceptualization and birth of the Carnal Tweet and was also a fundamental element in the running and improvement of the Graphic's Competition (his contributions to the Graphic's Workshop and to all its competitions was really huge, considering that he was not only running and managing them, but that he actually took part in many of them, always for the sake of increasing activity around the same). If I have to take an example of someone contributing all around to Content, Finlander surely qualifies as a model in this regard.

Moderator Emeritus

I can't tell much about his activity as a mace-holder and skull-crusher, but like anything else he did in the Staff, I'm totally convinced that his contributions in the moderation sweatshop are absolutely over the top. For a bit less than 2 years he served the cause and big is the pile of the skulls that decorates the entrance to his cave. At the moment he is in hiatus with moderation, but soon he'll be back and once more we will hear the gladdening sound of bones that broke under the gentle touch of his gnarled mace.

What to say more? I personally owe him much, not just because he was my patron back in 2014, but also (and central to the purpose of this proposal) for his continuous encouragement and support during my first weeks in Content, along with all the other suggestions he gave me in any matter I could have been involved myself.
    I'm sure that many others (some of which are or were great contributors to the Content) have benefited from his help and friendship; I will not add any recommendation letter, but I kindly ask those gents to come in and drop few lines if they like; since Finlader has been central to the Content for so many time and it's still one of the most respected and well known members and staffers of this site, he really deserves all the words of praise anyone would share here.

Thanks for your attention gents,
    Flinn of the Church of the Latter Day Dude

SUPPORTERS: Mhaedros, Shuu, Lifht, mishkin, Veteraan, Mega, Stealthy, Quintus, Radboud, Ybbon (?), Inarus, Alwyn, Ngugi, Y, Hader
    Last edited by Flinn; March 11, 2016 at 04:50 AM. Reason: added supporters list
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: [AWARD] Finlander for Novus

Finlander is one of the people who, back in maybe 2012, became one of my great idols on this site. His big blue name, his great contributions to the community and to content made me want to aspire to more, and in the end he is the one who brought me into the world (of citizenship; thanks daddy). So I'm in full support of this Novus, he is a great guy who has inspired a great many people to be better and do good work on the forums.

Support!
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Finlander is one of the people who inspired me to join staff and ever since I joined none have found him wanting. Support
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Despite the fact that he's basically my "grand'Pa", he's one of those, with y2day, who brought me to the staff as well. He has always been with a great help and helpful advice. He has also contributed to the Artist Studio competitions (POTW, UESW) and the Graphic Workshop ones too. He also always motivate by his posts the people in the Graphic Workshop forum.
    Beside his "staffer side", he's a great person, with a great sense of humor, and very dependable.

That's a very easy support for me
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Easy mathematics.
    Excellent content + excellent moderation = Novus.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

I think I can live with the Finlander man displaying that large piece of bling in the near future.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

...Fragile...

One of the most genuine souls that I have met. Thank you sooo much for all the things that you have done for us....
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Finlander is a long standing member of staff, who has contributed to multiple branches. He's worked across several different departments in Content, but most importantly, his leaderships in the graphics competition is legendary! Running competitions is one of the most time intensive staff activities here, and he did this on a weekly basis. He was also an excellent moderator who was always on top of things and always showed good judgement on how to handle different issues. Finlander's Novus is long overdue, and I'm very happy to support it.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Everything have been said, support

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

He deserves it more than most of the current award holders.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Radboud View Post
    He deserves it more than most of the current award holders.
    A ridiculous remark. If you are going to endorse someone for a major award do not denigrate the other holders. All it does is make you look petty and spiteful and demeans the effect of your endorsement and does no favours to the endorsee.

Left the above for posterity as an example of why we all should think before posting sometimes and it is much harsher than is needed. Sorry Radboud it was a unnecessary.

Come on, just endorse Finlander who does deserve this, trying to belittle the other holders with an off-the-cuff remark is not helping yourself or Finlander.
    Last edited by Ybbon; March 08, 2016 at 03:25 PM. Reason: smoothing rough edges

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

For all his hard work and dedication, for all the times I've had the pleasure of working and scheming planning with him, my fully fledged support!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

A well-deserved nomination, I support this.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

In favour

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

I should have done this myself a long time ago. I would give him mine if I could. I would say more but I don't think it needs to be said. Fin is the best of the best.

y

I hope Rad thinks I deserve mine..... lol
    Last edited by y2day; March 08, 2016 at 03:21 PM.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Quote Originally Posted by Ybbon View Post
    A ridiculous remark. If you are going to endorse someone for a major award do not denigrate the other holders. All it does is make you look petty and spiteful and demeans the effect of your endorsement and does no favours to the endorsee.

Left the above for posterity as an example of why we all should think before posting sometimes and it is much harsher than is needed. Sorry Radboud it was a unnecessary.

Come on, just endorse Finlander who does deserve this, trying to belittle the other holders with an off-the-cuff remark is not helping yourself or Finlander.
    Surely it's the highest praise one can get? But I guess for some the glass is half empty rather than half full

Quote Originally Posted by y2day View Post
    I should have done this myself a long time ago. I would give him mine if I could. I would say more but I don't think it needs to be said. Fin is the best of the best.

y

I hope Rad thinks I deserve mine..... lol
    No worries, I know the difficulties you went through trying to revive art staff (several times) and that's only part of your contribution to twc.
    Last edited by Radboud; March 08, 2016 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Touchyness

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Award] Finlander for Novus

Added the supporters list to the OP; as soon as it can be moved to vote, please do so.

thanks
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Easily supported.

Also: Poll up.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

· Approved by the Curia ·