Thread: Knights of the Order

Default Knights of the Order

I suppose I'm jumping on the bandwagon. I have just recently started playing M:TW again and something that has eluded me the whole time I've had it is how to recruit Knights of the Order, Templars/Teutonic/Santiago/etc.

I saw somewhere you have to have a successful Crusade but, that has not helped me yet. I've even put in the build cheat and completed every building possible and no luck.

Anybody know something I don't? Is it even possible?

Sig by flip2121.Quiet a good chap.
    MADNESS

Default Re: Knights of the Order

Quote Originally Posted by Rutilius Rufus View Post
    I suppose I'm jumping on the bandwagon. I have just recently started playing M:TW again and something that has eluded me the whole time I've had it is how to recruit Knights of the Order, Templars/Teutonic/Santiago/etc.

I saw somewhere you have to have a successful Crusade but, that has not helped me yet. I've even put in the build cheat and completed every building possible and no luck.

Anybody know something I don't? Is it even possible?
    you need to wait until a message comes up from one of the knight guilds. it happens in your castles.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseArcher View Post
    you need to wait until a message comes up from one of the knight guilds. it happens in your castles.
    Do I need to click on the castle or does it just pop up or what?:hmmm:

Sig by flip2121.Quiet a good chap.
    MADNESS

Knight's Guild?

well if you crusade and conquer acre F/E and your general gets 'knight of santiago bodyguard' after a few turns you should get a message 'the knights of santiago want to establish a guild in this settlement(acre)(but not necesarrily) yes-no' click yes and you should get more messages like that after

I haven't played MTW recently, but as I recall, there are no knight's guilds.

You have to first build a chapel in a province, then build a chapter house. Once you launch a crusade using your chapter house, you can recruit the crusader units specific to your faction, which should include crusader knights. You can only recruit these crusader units for use in your crusader army, in the same way that you recruit Order Spearmen. (Or do they just appear in your crusading army when you first create it? I can't remember)

I remember that as the HRE, I couldn't recruit Teutonic Knights on my first few crusades, but eventually I unlocked them. I don't remember if it was because I had a successful crusade or because I upgraded my church.
    Last edited by Azim; July 15, 2008 at 10:11 AM.

To get Knights of the Order simply build a Chapel House and launch a Crusade when available. When the Crusade marker is created it has a small chance of having Order Knights included. You cannot train, get guilds, or buy Order Knights they either come with the Crusade marker or not at all. In Medieval 2 you can recruit Order Knights providing you accept the build Order Chapter proposals.

Anarius's Avatar Senator

They are somtimes aviable as mercenaries, though.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

If you download XL, there are seperate Order factions, like the Knights of St. John, the Templars...I think the Teutons too, but i'm not sure

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Icon4 Re: Knights of the Order

In the vanilla game the only way to get order knights is via crusading. Build a chapter house and go on a crusade an if you luck out, you get either Templars if you are French or English and the HRE gets Teutonic Knights as the Italians get Hospitallars and the Spaniards get Knights of Santiago.

With the XL Mod the Teutonic Order becomes a playable faction starting in Baltic Region and when you play the Crusader States you can recruit all the Order Knights that are the Templars, the Hospitallars and the Teutonic Knights.

Regards,

Stephan de St. Omer
    P-Ape and Expert Kritic of the Khurch of Kong / sig by y2day