Thread: Seleucids

Default Seleucids

I have tried multiple times to get the Seleucid's to survive in my campaign but the Egyptians always kill them....

This time i gave them 50000 denarii and the Egyptians -20000 denarii and they still got killed.

WTF am i doing wrong how do i save the Seleucid's...it seems like no matter what i do there to stupid to capitalize on the situation. Please help.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Seleucids

Moved here as this isnt really a modding question

Kallikratis's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_loy View Post
    I have tried multiple times to get the Seleucid's to survive in my campaign but the Egyptians always kill them....

This time i gave them 50000 denarii and the Egyptians -20000 denarii and they still got killed.

WTF am i doing wrong how do i save the Seleucid's...it seems like no matter what i do there to stupid to capitalize on the situation. Please help.
    Add some regions to Seleucids or edit their army roster.

Think of it this way: The Seleucids are possibly fighting on multiple fronts. They'll be busy at war with the Parthians, the Armenians, Pontus, and probably even Greece. With Egypt added, that's a possible 5 fronts and enemies the Seleucids can face right at the beginning of the game. Already, the odds are pretty stacked against them.

Then consider Egpyt. It's ludicrously rich; it's an almost unmatched economic powerhouse at the beginning of the game. Plus, with the Numidians and Carthage so far away, Egypt is practically alone in the world with only the Seleucids as a nearby threat. Their economy and secluded empire allows them to throw out army after army in one direction. Practially no amount of cash can stop them overwhelming the Seleucids unless the Seleucids get agressive in the beginning and take over all of Egypt's cash-cow cities.

The best thing you can do is start a war with Egypt yourself and divert their forces away from the Seleucids.

Egypt is overpowered in RTW. They are rich and have a lot of population. Use cheats to give money to Selecuids and troops
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

USE pikemen! elephants! cataphracts! ally with the parthians, but kill pontus!
    then strike to the nearest city!

Kallikratis's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Comnenus View Post
    Elephants and Silver Shield pikemen are available very late in the Seleucid's tech tree. But as i said, you can "tune" this a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Comnenus View Post
    I have no trouble if i myself am using them....im talking about the computer using them correctly. the ai does not know how to use the Seleucid's correctly.

give them a helping hand eh

make some of the egyptian cities rebels. Give the selucids a standing army in all three fronts.
    Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen but his country's cause

Liberalism is a mental disorder

how do you make them rebel anyway??

Hmm Alright for my next campaign i will give rebels about half of the Egyptians cities..and i will give the Seleucid's a few good armies. Anyone know what i could do to make the Seleucid's more aggressive?

Hmm Alright for my next campaign i will give rebels about half of the Egyptians cities..and i will give the Seleucid's a few good armies. Anyone know what i could do to make the Seleucid's more aggressive?
    I suggest you first just try taking away two of the cities by the Nile river from Egypt. Those cities have insane population growth rates which Egypt uses to build huge armies. Also, go into descr_strat(located in data/worlds/maps/campaign/imperialcampaing) and find the line that says
    Code:
    faction	seleucid, balanced stalin
    denari	3000
    Change 3000 to some very high number. Maybe give them 10,000 or 20,000 then go up. You don't want to give them too much and have them become an "Egypt" Try to find a perfect way to make Egypt vs Seleucid a stalemate. Just my advice as a modder.
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Thank you. I have a good deal of experience modding descr_strat but do you know if changing this (faction seleucid, balanced stalin ) will make them more aggressive. Or if there is a way to make them more aggressive. Also i have already given the Seleucid's 50000 denarii and they still do not succeed in even surviving...so i fear money is not the right solution, nor is it the problem.

Thank you. I have a good deal of experience modding descr_strat but do you know if changing this (faction seleucid, balanced stalin ) will make them more aggressive. Or if there is a way to make them more aggressive. Also i have already given the Seleucid's 50000 denarii and they still do not succeed in even surviving...so i fear money is not the right solution, nor is it the problem.
    Yes changing the ai personalities might help:hmmm: Just a minute, let me find a thread that describes all of them
    -Albert Camus