Thread: Commander health in battle

Icon5 Commander health in battle

Now I know this might be a weird place to ask, but TATTW is the mod that made me realize how much I miss something like this. I am a little new to the mod and the game (not to mention to the entire series) so forgive me is this is covered somewhere obvious.

Is there any UI option, or mod, or submod or tweak I can apply to see my commander's health in battle?

There's nothing like leading the charge of my Orc army with my faction heir himself, but I'd really love some indication as to how far from death's door my champion was.

As it stands, the only way I have of telling how well my commander is doing in combat is to select his regiment, scan through thousands of units for one of his very vague features (easier with some races than others), and see how much blood there's on his armor.

Is there a better way of getting ANY information about how close my commander is to death?

I'd prefer a health bar, or a hitpoint-number or something. Am I alone in this?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Commander health in battle

Quote Originally Posted by ViRAL View Post
    Now I know this might be a weird place to ask, but TATTW is the mod that made me realize how much I miss something like this. I am a little new to the mod and the game (not to mention to the entire series) so forgive me is this is covered somewhere obvious.

Is there any UI option, or mod, or submod or tweak I can apply to see my commander's health in battle?

There's nothing like leading the charge of my Orc army with my faction heir himself, but I'd really love some indication as to how far from death's door my champion was.

As it stands, the only way I have of telling how well my commander is doing in combat is to select his regiment, scan through thousands of units for one of his very vague features (easier with some races than others), and see how much blood there's on his armor.

Is there a better way of getting ANY information about how close my commander is to death?

I'd prefer a health bar, or a hitpoint-number or something. Am I alone in this?
    it is not possible sadly
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; March 07, 2016 at 11:13 AM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    it is not possible sadly
    That's too bad. Thanks though!

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Take a unit and designate it as the generals personal bodygaurd. Send this unit in to attack the point where the general will charge a few seconds before the commander of your troops takes the plunge. The additional unit acting as the generals personal meat shield will render him all but bullet proof.

Example: Playing as Agmar, I have a unit of the cheap armour piercing orc boys preform the role. That same unit stayed with the faction leader throughout the whole campaign. "Combined Arms" For the Win...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ViRAL View Post
    I'd prefer a health bar, or a hitpoint-number or something, I'd really love some indication as to how far from death's door my champion was.
    At first I was like you. But I learnt not too be risky with my general, even he's an Elf warrior in mithril equipment.
    I think it's better without health bar: some generals had bad luck in history, killed in one shot, and there is not those critical strike in the game (despite being crushed by siege engine..). So when you don't know exactly his health, it makes random for us like if there was a critic system.

There's nothing like leading the charge of my Orc army with my faction heir himself
    Follow Tortas advice, have a charge meatshield.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.