Thread: HOWTO: biological warfare...

Default HOWTO: biological warfare...

1. let one of your cities become a festering cesspool of disease. evacuate any important characters from the city.
    2. while you're waiting for the black plague to strike, build a bunch of spies.
    3. when disease strikes move your spies onto a boat.
    4. sail the boat to an enemy city, preferably one with a faction heir, king or other important character.
    5. send a few spies into the city. you may want to keep some on the boat to recirculate the disease on board. try to keep the disease going as long as you can.
    6. if the target city ever rids itself of the plague, just send another infected agent in to spread the love.

this works great because.
    a) spies incite rioting.
    b) disease incites rioting.
    c) rioting may destroy happiness buildings, which makes more rioting.
    d) disease may eventually claim an important character in the city.

i managed to destroy most of the buildings in paris and wipe out half their soldiers by keeping the city sick for a few turns. they lose about 100 troops per turn.

of course i haven't done a full analysis on the negatives of this plan, haha... but i thought it was a fun thing to do when i realized my spies had got the plague.

if you guys happen to try it post your results here. i want to know if you can kill a king this way.

Default Re: HOWTO: biological warfare...

Heh heh, yeah, that's pretty nice. I did that in RTW, and I think I'm gonna try it too in M2TW. Thanks for the reminder

I'd prefer to have an own infected settlement at/near the borders. In this settlement spies must be trained. That way you can more quickly send them in without the fuss of boats and such (unless you really have to use boats). But that's just my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tao View Post
    Heh heh, yeah, that's pretty nice. I did that in RTW, and I think I'm gonna try it too in M2TW. Thanks for the reminder

I'd prefer to have an own infected settlement at/near the borders. In this settlement spies must be trained. That way you can more quickly send them in without the fuss of boats and such (unless you really have to use boats). But that's just my own opinion.
    well i've only done this twice, and it seems like the plague lasts longer on the boat.... perhaps CA has modeled the poor health care at sea?

so anyways... i use the boats as kind of a breeding ground to perpetuate more disease and infect more spies... like a mobile germ lab,
    ..::AMD Opteron 165:.:MSI Neo2 Platinum s939 nForce3 Ultra:.:2GB Corsair XMS PC3200::..
    ..::BFG GeForce 6800GS OC 256MB:.:M-Audio Revolution 5.1::..
    ..::Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 200GB:.:NEC 3520AW DVD-R-DL:.:Enermax Liberty 400W PSU::..

Hmmm, interesting. I'll have to check that out too then. Thanks for the tip!

ive tried something abbit like this, i had the plague in Bordeaux, took out a unit of 16 men and attacked Caen, but my men routed and went to Algiers and then i ended up being screwed by having Bordeaux AND Algiers plagued

btw im still pissed how your troops will automatically retreat, u should choose where they go
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

This is the funniest and sickest thing I've read for a game since someone showed you can commit genocide in the game "Victoria."

How do you encourage a settlement to become a festering cesspit of human and animal filth (much like my apartment...)?

You need a big population and lots of squalor mostly.

Yeah, it's not so much doing something as not building town centers and hospital buildings.

I made a campaign as Macedonia to specifically do this. I built a bunch of boats and made chains of them spreading out from Greece out to Rome, Carthage, and Egypt, and The Seleucids. I spaced all the boats so that they each were within the previous boat's movement area. This way I could make chain where I could quickly get a spy from Thessalonica or Sparta all the way to Egypt in 1 turn. (Like how in MTW you could make chains of boats depending on what seas they were in, you could move a unit anywhere on the map in one turn if you had enough boats) this was difficult to accomplish but when the Macedonian plague hit, it worked marvelously. Rome revolted, Carthage was decimated, as were most of the North African provinces. The Egyptians got raped because they were too stupid to quarantine their guys, so they in turn spread it too Parthia. The seleucids also kept it going by sending it to Pontus, who sent it to Armenia.

All in all the plauge lasted about 25 turns or so and killed by my count over half a million people. It was fun and it shook up the balance of power for the rest of the campaign.
    Life is an STD with a 100 percent fatality rate.

Still can't seem to get the plague to trigger. Kind of odd, wishing for a thing like the Black Death to strike your own cities...hmm.

This is hilarious...

I prefer the humane approach of clean sack and pillage.

kleemann's Avatar Libertus

I used this way of weapon too. I got Plague in Venice. I had agents thare so i send this nice gift to HRE whom i was in war. City after city. Plague Striked.