Thread: Custom design for Constantinople

Polemarch's Avatar Tiro

Default Custom design for Constantinople

I've been playing as the Byzantines for a while now but so far, no attacks on the city. My question is does the city have a custom model or is it just another generic city? If generic, does anybody have plans to mod the city design to incorporate the walls and geography of the original?

ebodur's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Custom design for Constantinople

i am sure there isnt custom model for any cities but it would be "super great" if its possible to modify them

Constantinople had the scheme of a triangle. One part could be approached by land and the other two by sea. The one with the land had two series of walls. I find it difficult for someone to mod on that. But I would like a mod so we could play the last battle with the Turks. The night of the fall in 1453.

There are no custom cities in MTW2 . Messing with the city meshes (meaning location of each building etc) must be a HUGE project and I really don't see it comin' for the next 2 yrs or so, considering the fact that a simple patch takes almost a month... On the other hand, do not forget that some other cities, say Venice built on small islants in a river, or Vienna, or even Paris (Ile de France etc) should also be custom made...
    ΝΙΨΟΝΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑΜΗΜΟΝΑΝΟΨΙΝ

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

moved to the gathering
    Last edited by vikrant; December 05, 2006 at 04:26 AM.
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

Polemarch's Avatar Tiro

Damn, now that sucks! I suspected the city plan would be generic. It is a real shame though. I quite fancied some epic sieges with the Turks. I do agree, it would make an awesome mini-mod. Maybe make a new type of generic fortress, like, coastal fortress with one land side. Use it for cities like Venice and Constantinople (yes, I know Venice is not connected to land :-).

Agreed though, modding it would be tough, very tough.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Well, SigniferOne created a custom city of Rome for the RTW-BI mod 'Paeninsula Italica'. Perhaps the same can be done here, but I doubt it will be for a while yet.

to be honest i would be happy if they just changed the cities and castles for byzantine to actually look like they have something to do with eastern culture as they did, now they're just like any western city or castle

same for the portraits. now every single emperor, general or priest look just like their western counterparts, even though they should be having black beards, curly black hair and such

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

@ZD
    but was it accessible from campaign map ??
    or it was just for custom battles ??
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

I believe it was for the campaign map but it was so long ago that I could be wrong.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

I really couldn't say. You'd have to ask SigniferOne. I believe that the general word at the time was that it worked on the campaign map, but I honestly don't know. Paeninsula Italica is still in production; it's apparently just gone through an internal beta.