Thread: Help with simple modding issue

Default Help with simple modding issue

Hey guys so I have never really played much Medieval 2, but have a ton of exp with modding RTW, and was trying to make a simple tweak now that I am playing TATW+MOS. This seems like it should be really simple for someone with modding exp but I keep getting crashes.

So all Im attempting to do is add the Galadhrim Guards (sword and board elven unit) to the Woodland Elves (sylvan) faction. I have read many guides as far as swapping units between factions for MTW2/TATW, and followed all the steps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

- export_descr_unit.txt - I found that under the faction codes for TATW the sylvan are "mongols" and the Lorien are "saxons" so all I need to do is add "mongols" to the correct unit like so:

ownership saxons, mongols
    era 0 saxons, mongols
    era 1 saxons, mongols
    era 2 saxons, mongols
    recruit_priority_offset 10

- export_descr_buildings.txt - Just need to make the unit able to be recruited by adding "mongols" as a faction for recruitment:

recruit_pool "aum Silvan Shieldsword" 1 0.07 1 2 requires factions { saxons, mongols, } and region_religion orthodox 75 and hidden_resource forest and not event_counter is_the_ai 1

- battle_models.modledb - This may be where I am messing up as I dont know what some of the numbers mean on some of the lines, but mine looks like this:

16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002
    22 aum_silvan_shieldsword
    1 1
    55 unit_models/_Units/aum/aum_silvan_shieldsword_lod0.mesh 6400
    6 saxons
    51 unit_models/_Units/my_units/textures/silvan.texture
    58 unit_models/_Units/my_units/textures/silvan_normal.texture
    53 unit_sprites/saxons_aum_silvan_shieldsword_sprite.spr
    7 mongols
    6 saxons
    62 unit_models/_Units/my_units/textures/silvan_attachment.texture
    69 unit_models/_Units/my_units/textures/silvan_attachment_normal.texture
    7 mongols
    4 None
    14 MTW2_Swordsman 0
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone tell me where I messed this up and how I can edit the values to make the game stop crashing. I of course backed the original files up and if I swap them back in the game runs fine, so we know I made a mistake that is causing the crash...... is there a function for -show err that could give me a log or something to show where the error has occured like in RTW???? I would really appreciate any help! Thanks!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Help with simple modding issue

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey85 View Post
    Hey guys so I have never really played much Medieval 2, but have a ton of exp with modding RTW, and was trying to make a simple tweak now that I am playing TATW+MOS. This seems like it should be really simple for someone with modding exp but I keep getting crashes.

So all Im attempting to do is add the Galadhrim Guards (sword and board elven unit) to the Woodland Elves (sylvan) faction. I have read many guides as far as swapping units between factions for MTW2/TATW, and followed all the steps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

- export_descr_unit.txt - I found that under the faction codes for TATW the sylvan are "mongols" and the Lorien are "saxons" so all I need to do is add "mongols" to the correct unit like so:

ownership saxons, mongols
    era 0 saxons, mongols
    era 1 saxons, mongols
    era 2 saxons, mongols
    recruit_priority_offset 10

- export_descr_buildings.txt - Just need to make the unit able to be recruited by adding "mongols" as a faction for recruitment:

recruit_pool "aum Silvan Shieldsword" 1 0.07 1 2 requires factions { saxons, mongols, } and region_religion orthodox 75 and hidden_resource forest and not event_counter is_the_ai 1

- battle_models.modledb - This may be where I am messing up as I dont know what some of the numbers mean on some of the lines, but mine looks like this:

16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002
    22 aum_silvan_shieldsword
    1 1
    55 unit_models/_Units/aum/aum_silvan_shieldsword_lod0.mesh 6400
    6 saxons
    7 mongols
    6 saxons
    7 mongols
    4 None
    14 MTW2_Swordsman 0
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone tell me where I messed this up and how I can edit the values to make the game stop crashing. I of course backed the original files up and if I swap them back in the game runs fine, so we know I made a mistake that is causing the crash...... is there a function for -show err that could give me a log or something to show where the error has occured like in RTW???? I would really appreciate any help! Thanks!
    give the log from MTW2 folder/logs folder in spoilers please
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

I actually figured out the issue. I accidentally double posted this problem and got things fixed. Thanks.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

CLOSED:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

* Any moderation considerations are welcome, just send a PM *

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory