Thread: I am getting extremely low frame rates

Default I am getting extremely low frame rates

the game was running smooth for the last couple weeks, then all of a sudden during battles it crawls along. I've done nothing different hardware wise. I am getting around one frame per second during battles. It runs fine on the campaign map. I would appreciate some help

Default Re: I am getting extremely low frame rates

I'm guessing that this is a particular battle, a siege, and the attackers are using ladders. It's the ladder bug, it sucks, and you've gotta kill them before they get to the wall, or wait for the patch.

If it's not the ladder bug..

What are your system specifications? Are your drivers up to date? Did you change anything software wise?

it's not the ladder bug. I get the low frame rates from the start of the battle. I have the latest drivers. I am running Windows XP, 1 GB of RAM, GEforce 6800. the only software that I have added is Nero.

Isn't nero some virtual device thing, like daemon tools? Those can confuse your system, try getting rid of the virtual drive and/or whack the program and test MTW2. My only advice otherwise is fiddle with settings or reinstall.