Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: about the NTW model .

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: about the NTW model .

If it's fine when using model in ETW, then the problem is not with UVmap but with the process to add the unit in game.

NTW is different from ETW :

• warscape_animated tables are only use to define textures for buildings, engines and horse
    • .unit_variant files define model parts and textures used for units

If I understand :

• unit_stat_land tables define model to use :
      • models and textures are defined in uniforms tables
      • uniform tables are linked to .unit_variant file
        • officer models and textures are defined in .officer.unit_variant files
        • musician models and textures are defined in .musician.unit_variant files
        • standard bearer models and textures are defined in .standard_bearer.unit_variant files
        • soldier in models and textures are defined in .soldier.unit_variant files

I don't know how atlas system work.
    It look like being linked to faction.
    It linked a unit part to a position in the related .dds picture (diffuse, gloss, etc.).
    Then, to edit atlas file, you need atlas<>tsv converter.

As usual with such tools, I'm a bit lost.
    I absolutely hate CLI tools. Moreover, each time I don't use them since a long time and have to reinstall them, I always forget how to do (file extension, etc.).

Last edited by wangrin; March 10, 2016 at 03:12 AM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

guys , I try to make some change to the texture in the most simple way , just change thier color , but i got some trouble . the original color_mask map:http://www.mediafire.com/view/7k344oaudc3nnx8/11.png , the edited color_mask map:http://www.mediafire.com/view/d96uik0jftzr21x/10.png
    the original diffuse map:http://www.mediafire.com/view/rrt3jft7fd5lnsj/12.png , the edited diffuse map:http://www.mediafire.com/view/v33an9ifnhs8fm9/13.png ,
    and looks like this in game :http://www.mediafire.com/view/va79hky86t8npqj/14.png , any ideal?

Thanks to all of you guys . The problme has been solved . it turns out that i edited the files in CA pack , that is a wrong way , i guess . Thank you all .

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Awesome man, im glad you got it sorted out

Hi , guys . I might need your help again . I want to kmow: 1.how to change the size of unit's collision model which make them looks taller in tyhe game (want to make grendier taller than other units ) . 2.How can i add a rigid model (like a new backpack , musket or something ) , when i open the equipment model in milk shap , they all stick together , any idea how i can do that ? Just give links to the tutorials if there were someone had talked about this . Thanks , harry771 .

Patrician Artifex

To modify equipment for NTW, VPM plugin manage it.

The easiest process to add a new equipment is :

1. extract an equipment you will use as reference (exp. a bagpack, a musket, etc.) by deleting all other vertex groups (other equipments) and saving the new file ;
    2. reworking/creating the new equipment ;
    3. merging the new equipment with one of the two equipments .variant_part_mesh file ;

Merging equipment models is easier than merging unit parts as equipment models are linked to only one joint.
    For example, bagpack can only be linked to spine2 (boneIndex 13).

Take care that vertex attachment is done through comment :

Process :

1. Go to GROUPS tab ;
    2. Select your mesh group (eg. model) ;
    3. Select COMMENT ;
    4. Edit comment :

• add/replace bone index
      • name mesh group

BONE INDEX :

• boneIndex 0 : Hips
    • boneIndex 1 : weapon1
    • boneIndex 2 : weapon2
    • boneIndex 3 : weapon3
    • boneIndex 13 : spine2

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Is it possible to remove infantry's backpack ? By the way , is there a way to make the modle biger and taller .

one more thing , can anybody tell me where is the texture for banner , I 'd like to change the banner for british .

If i want to creat unique flg for some regement , what should i do .

Patrician Artifex

Backpack :
    It is possible to modify the model, or even create a new model to replace the existing one.

• warscape_equipment_items : list each equipment from both variantmodels\equipment\mesh.variant_part_mesh and mesh2.variant_part_mesh
      First column is equipment item name from mesh.variant_part_mesh and mesh2.variant_part_mesh.
      Second column is equipment name that will be used in equipment themes.
      To compose a set of equipments, you only have to give the same equipment name in the second column to the equipment items you want to group.
    • warscape_equipment_themes : define equipment sets
    • unit_stats_land : equipment set to use for unit is defined in equipment_theme column

Note that equipments in mesh.variant_part_mesh and mesh2.variant_part_mesh must be named according to strict naming rules : rigid_equip_<equipment_name>_lod<X>
    Equipment prefix must be rigid_equip_
    Equipment name is whatever you want.
    X is the lod number : 0 (most detailed model variant), 1, 2, 3, 4 (less detailed model)

Regimental Flag :

Well, when speaking about banner, I suppose you mean regimental flag.

First, it is possible to make "bigger" regimental flag by using Primergy's mod : [Released] Larger Regimental Flags - Mod (NTW compatible)
    Second, it is not possible to create unique regimental flag for unit, this is a consequence of game design.

Regimental flag file is located in ui\flags\<faction> for ETW, and is named large.tga.
    We can find similar folder in NTW. I suppose the system is the same.

Hi , guys . Sorry to bother you again . For now , I have know how to creat unit pack and run it succesfuly , but now , I want to try something new . I have some varrant_weight_mesh extracted from other ETW mod , and i want to use them as my unite model in the AUM mod for NTW , can i add some entries to this aum.pack to make it run perfectly or I have to creat another pack to use those varrant_weight_mesh . By the way , I have download some mod from TWC . Most of them iclude more than one pack , I wonder how do they work together without problme . I have read the thread "import ETW mesh into ETW , but it cant work with the AUM . Any ideal , thinks , harry771 .

Patrician Artifex

As AUM is already a mod, you should be able to add entries in its .pack files.

About .pack files :
    These files are loaded when launching the game to create some sort of virtual system.

Pack files are of different types :

• movie pack files : are supposed to contain visual and sound data, like graphics and music.
      Those are always loaded after all other packs; because no entry is needed in the script file, many modders create packs of this type to make it easier to install them. However, no load order can be established between them, so using them for mods might be a problem for comparability between mods. Also, the Mod Manager ignores packs of type Movie, so you won't be able to activate/deactivate them, or put them on Steam Workshop. They will get loaded though.
    • mod pack files : are the type intended to be used by modders
      For the game to load them, there needs to be an entry "mod <packfile>.pack;" in the user script file in the user setting directory (location depending on game and Windows version). The load order within mod packs is determined by the order they are entered in the script file. (Note that for Shogun 2, the user script file is created automatically by the Mod Manager).
    • patch pack files : carry additional data upon game updates. Entries embedded in the packs themselves ensure that patch files are loaded in the correct order
    • release pack files : contain CA's game data upon first release ;
    • boot pack files : only one boot.pack exists at a time; it contains data needed during the very first initialization (like the loading screen image) ;

You generally have to use the user script to enable mod files.
    The user script also define the mod pack loading order.

So, it is not a problem to load several .pack files as long as their contents doesn't conflict between them.
    Conflict occurs when a file is used in more than one .pack.
    You have not to bother with conflicts between official .pack, but conflicts between third party .pack (mod) and official pack or between third party .pack might result in odd behaviour.
    For example, 2 textures having the same name in two different pack.

Conflict are resolved by the game by using the version of the file that gets loaded last.

Note 1 : using variant_weighted_mesh files in NTW
    It is possible to use .variant_weight_mesh (ETW file format) into NTW without converting them to .variant_part_mesh.
    To do so, you have to use the same process as in ETW :
    • define unit, officer, etc. models and textures in warscape_animated_lod and warscape_animated tables ;
    • in battle_personalities tables, create entries for your new officer, musician and standard bearer using models and textures defined in warscape_animated_lod and warscape_animated tables ;
    • in unit_stat_land tables :
      • define soldier model column according to the models and textures you defined in warscape_animated_lod and warscape_animated tables ;
      • define officer, musician and standard bearer model columns according to the battle_personalities you defined in battle_personalities tables;

Note 2 : using third party materials (mods, models, etc.)
    Be aware of copyright issues when using 3rd party materials. TWC is quite vigilant (if not sometime paranoid) about this subject.
    It can be the case when reusing models and textures for other games (for example Mount & Blade).
    It can be the case when reusing other modders' works too.
    In all case, it is safe to ask for permission to use 3rd party materials to its creator if you expect to publicly release a mod containing them.
    In some (rare) case, modders publicly define the status of their work : full public use, public use with credits, asking for permission, etc.
    Last edited by wangrin; March 13, 2016 at 04:19 AM.

I did what you said , but the game crash < can you help me about this . http://www.mediafire.com/download/b9...m_nap_mod.pack , downlod link to my edited pack , dont know where go wrong . 24_inf is the new unite i add . Holp you guys can find out what is goning on .

problme solved guys , it turns out i forget to add the warscape_animated and warscape_animated_lod under DB table , rep to B-DziL , wangrin , steph and Malcolm for their help . Without them , I cant get this far . By the way , anynone interisted in crimeam war in 19th centry , I 'd like to creat a mod base on that era since on one ever creat a mod base on victoria era , but I am pretty new to this game , I might need help from you guys in near future . I will upload some picture of the soilders I made next time , please give me some addvice about that . Thanks , harry771 .

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

A Crimean war mod would be awesome. Are you planning on doing it as a sub mod or a totally new mod?

Patrician Artifex

You should contact Victoria: Total War - XIX Century Mod team.
    They are working on ETW, but it could be possible to port some units to NTW.
    Mod Leader : Tango12345

I think that TWS2 (FotS) would be a better base to develop such mod.
    Problems are creating new animations (or porting ETW/NTW animations to TWS2) and "rigid" battle flags.
    On the other hand, it is possible to create new campaign map, new building, etc.

That is good ideal , I have a look at the screenshots of VTW , but the unite us not so impressive , so I guess i have to use my own unite . but the unite of zulu war mod looks good , but I can find his team leader . He hasnt login for a while . For now , I have creat bearskin and uniform for Irish foot guard according to the foot guard of british . If I want to start a new mod project , I am gonna need more help and advice from you guys , basicly , I am creating model on my own for this new project . Thanks , guys for helping me all the way to this far .

some pictures of the Irish foot guar I created :http://www.mediafire.com/view/hgnauo.../22%283%29.png , http://www.mediafire.com/view/93m53d.../23%282%29.PNG , http://www.mediafire.com/view/lm77cn.../24%282%29.png . And I also creat a hat for dragoon guard , but dont know how to creat UV for it with milkshap :http://www.mediafire.com/view/34yea9.../25%282%29.png , someone can help me about the uv map for this hat , I cant do it good job myself . Please post any comments about the unite so I can make it better . Thanks ,harry771 .

Patrician Artifex

Very good work

The fact is MilkShape Texture Coordinate Editor is extremely basic and it is a nightmare to create UVmap using it.
    If you plan to involve in modding for a long time or a big mod, you can consider buying Ultimate Unwrap 3D.
    First, it is the best converter to ETW/NTW/TWS2/TWR2/TWAttila, as it is able to open most model file format and convert them to .ms3d, .dae or .fbx.
    Second, it is easy to create UVmap using this software.
    On the other hand, UU3D weakness is that ETW plugin isn't able to convert model to NTW file format (variant_part_mesh), in this case you have to use MilkShape + VPM.
    It is not able to convert model to Shogun 2, nor Rome 2 or Attila too. In this case, you have to use 3ds max + Assembly Kit converter plugin.

Thanks , Wangrin . Your advice is very useful , I will try that in 3dmax .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast