Thread: Sassanid cav speed of 45, slower than some infantries

Default Sassanid cav speed of 45, slower than some infantries

Hi,

So the new update came out and yet they didn't touch what they had done to Sassanid heavy cavalries and their allies.
    Battle speed of 45 for cavalry is plain ridiculous, it's even slower than many light infantries.
    Heavier armor reduces speed, some of you might think?
    So how is it that same armor size or even heavier doesn't effect cav speed of european units?
    And this is all despite the fact that Persians had better horses historically...

Here's a little comparison between cavs with armor heaveir than 56:

Gyan-avspar (shock):
    Armor 80, Speed 45.
    Pushtigban (shock):
    Armor 60, Speed 45.
    Al-Dawser (melee):
    Armor 58, Speed 45.
    Al-Shahba (melee)
    Armor 67, Speed 45.

Sarmatian Heavy Cavalry (shock):
    Armor 80, Speed 70.
    Sacra Francisca (shock):
    Armor 57, Speed 70.
    Royal Suebi Cavalry (shock):
    Armor 57, Speed 70.
    Step Xyon archers (horse archer):
    Armor 75, Speed 90.
    Armoured Camel Warriors (melee):
    Armor 60, Speed 65.

This gets even more interesting when you know cavs with armor of 55 can have speed of over 100:

Wada'I (shock):
    Armor 55 Speed 105 with Rapid Advance.
    Alani Chosen Raiders (skirmisher):
    Armor 55, Speed 100.

Anybody has any logical explanation why some cav speed must be as slow as infantry in this game and why that rule must apply not to all, but only some cavs?
    P.S: If CA wants to disable certain factions by nerfing them like this, please just go ahead and unmount their cavalries but don't pull like this?
    Last edited by Zhayedan; March 05, 2016 at 04:52 AM.

Default Re: Sassanid cav speed of 45, slower than some infantries

i saw that Alani heavy shock cav (the one with 80 armor) has 45 speed as well
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanest View Post
    i saw that Alani heavy shock cav (the one with 80 armor) has 45 speed as well
    That's about the only cav that falls out, yes. (maybe there's something in dlc's too that i'm unaware of)
    Maybe since sarmatians were Iranic but not Iranian nationals they gave them 50-50 lol jk
    Last edited by Zhayedan; March 05, 2016 at 04:53 AM.

armored camels and step xyon have big shields (+50 armor) so their base armor is much lower otherwise

Gyan-Avspar and Grivpanvar have both 50 armor, Gyan-Avspar have shields so that gives them +30 armor,

Royal Lancers (burgundian) for example have only 33 base armor

Sacra Francisca has 27 base armor

etc.

it looks like the speed of horses are connected with their base armor and mount type - or so it seams

armored camels and step xyon have big shields (+50 armor) so their base armor is much lower otherwise

Gyan-Avspar and Grivpanvar have both 50 armor, Gyan-Avspar have shields so that gives them +30 armor,

Royal Lancers (burgundian) for example have only 33 base armor

Sacra Francisca has 27 base armor

etc.

it looks like the speed of horses are connected with their base armor and mount type - or so it seams
    so, rider's armor adds to weight, but mount's armor and shield are made of gas?
    btw, sarmatian heavy cav base armor is also 50, yet got speed of 70

ps: made a video how infantries like smirmishers outrun cavalry when using rapid advance, changed mind about uploading it... i'd like to imagine it like someone woke up in CA one day and thought why not change eastern roster so that their men run faster than their horses, but let's do it by nerfing their cavs, not by making their infantries faster...

ps: doesn't matter how heavy the armor is, a horse can carry two men and the fastest of humans yet wont be able to outrun it, and i'm guessing those armors didnt weight as much as a second man, did they?
    Last edited by Zhayedan; March 05, 2016 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhayedan View Post
    so, rider's armor adds to weight, but mount's armor and shield are made of gas?
    btw, sarmatian heavy cav base armor is also 50, yet got speed of 70

ps: made a video how infantries like smirmishers outrun cavalry when using rapid advance, changed mind about uploading it... i'd like to imagine it like someone woke up in CA one day and thought why not change eastern roster so that their men run faster than their horses, but let's do it by nerfing their cavs, not by making their infantries faster...

ps: doesn't matter how heavy the armor is, a horse can carry two men and the fastest of humans yet wont be able to outrun it, and i'm guessing those armors didnt weight as much as a second man, did they?
    yes i see this now (had to come home to launch the game again) - there is little consistency, CA never really balanced this or had a proper system in place which would make much sense

yes i see this now (had to come home to launch the game again) - there is little consistency, CA never really balanced this or had a proper system in place which would make much sense
    wada'i also got a base armor of 50, yet speed of 70 (105 with rapid advance) so the base armor argument is invalid
    you can say they nerfed three factions, sassanids, lakhmids and alans, but neither of the two later have suffered as bad as sassanids since both still got a few cavs that not nerfed although they got heavy armors.
    plus, both those factions were reintroduced with with the update that brought the new speed policy, so you can't also say they missed those units or made a mistake.

Its BS