View Poll Results: Where did you find out about this mod?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Here on TWC forums

30 81.08%
  • ModDB

3 8.11%
  • Through a friend

1 2.70%
  • Youtube

0 0%
  • Other (post in comments)

3 8.11%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [MOD INFO] 🔥 Igni Ferroque ⚔

Icon4 [MOD INFO] 🔥 Igni Ferroque ⚔

ntro:

I'm a huge fan of vanilla M2TW with over 2000 hours playtime but some parts just infuriate me and there are plenty of units/ factions that are either straight upgrades or useless. Igni Ferroque is a multiplayer balance mod that sticks closely to the vanilla style while completely reworking key mechanics and adding new units and maps. The aim is to create a whole new balance which should allow much more satisfying gameplay by rewarding good strategy.

The name is a Latin phrase referring to the scorched earth tactic, meaning "With fire and iron".

ajor Changes:

> Much larger difference between cheap troops and elites.

> Counters are stronger.

> Lighter units are faster, heavier units are slower.

> A lot of units are specialized to fill a certain role:

   - Standard cavalry (good all-round)
       - Shock cavalry (great on the charge but melt away quickly in drawn out fights)
       - Melee cavalry (specialize in drawn out melee fights, especially against other cavalry)
       - Spear cavalry (use only spears to fight and excel against other cavalry)
       - Bow cavalry (low damage but high ammo count. Used for harassing the enemy and killing weak units)
       - Javelin cavalry (high damage, low range and used to single out and damage elite units)
       - Crossbow cavalry (high damage, mediocre range and not fast. Must be supported to keep them out of melee)
       - Standard infantry (good all-round)
       - Defensive infantry (useful for holding an area and acting as an anvil)
       - Offensive infantry (useful for killing quickly)
       - Shock infantry (similar to shock cavalry, great on the charge)
       - Spearmen (high defense, low attack, great vs cavalry)
       - Archers (the most versatile ranged type, they can shoot over walls and friendly units and also have decent range)
       - Crossbowmen (high damage but struggle to shoot over things, especially the elite crossbows)
       - Javelinmen (high damage, low range, bonus vs elephants)
       - Musketeers (high damage and good range, used for sniping elites)
       - Arquebusiers (anti-horde, low damage that hits multiple enemies like a shotgun)
       - Handgunners (anti-horde, massive close range shotgun spread)
       - General bodyguards (very tanky but low damage output, lots of custom bodyguards added)
       - Ambush units (great at hiding, usually get combat bonuses in woods. Is not specified in the desc but instead in the abilities)

> These unit roles will be shown in the unit descriptions along with the range of any projectile weapons, morale and speed.

> No two units in a faction have the same stats.

   - Example: peasant crossbows have more damage output (due to more numbers) but are less reliable than crossbow militia.

> Artillery flaming rounds are much more effective against units.

> Artillery explosive rounds are more focused towards disrupting unit formations and damaging morale.

> Anti-armour units actually excel against armour.

> Phalanx weapons (pikes, halberds, voulges and sword staffs) have been reworked.
    Spoiler for details

Pikemen are very close together with the front three ranks attacking together. With guard mode on, they hold their ground and effectively become a wall that completely stops the enemy from the front. With guard mode off they actively push forwards as a unit, attacking rapidly with their pikes and dealing decent damage; but can break formation after some time. Their weakness is ranged weapons and being attacked in the flanks or rear as they will put away their pikes, pull out swords and break formation. Pike units tend to have low damage but attack very fast, making them incredibly good against light infantry as well as cavalry.

Halberdiers in a unit are close together sideways but far apart down the ranks. When charged, the front line takes the charge and damages the enemy while the second rank moves forward and counter attacks at the same time, effectively attacking the enemy unit twice. They are very slow in formation so it's a good idea to take them out of phalanx mode when moving them. Halberd units tend to have relatively high anti-armour damage and are also good against cavalry.

> Every faction has a way of stopping cavalry charges (phalanx or stakes).

> Every faction has access to key units (javelins, hand gunners, arquebusiers, musketeers etc).

> Lots of new mechanics added.

> Added a lot of new units from the kingdoms expansions and also some custom units:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(NOTE: These are all intended to fit the vanilla style and provide some factions with much needed units of a certain type).

> Added a ton of new maps, including some scenarios/ historical battles:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(NOTE: there are A LOT of new custom battle maps).

otes:

> This is balanced for HUGE army size and ALL time periods. (you can still use others though)

> Units get a lot more expensive once they go red, so be aware of that when making your army.

> I prioritise balance over realism always. Gameplay is king.

> I made a steam group to help find people using the mod: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/igni_ferroque <-- feel free to join it.

> I also made a discord for the same reason: https://discord.gg/fH9VkKc <-- feel free to join this too.

> I am willing to change things so any feedback/ suggestions/ criticism is welcome.

> I will credit anyone who contributes to the mod in the install file.

> Make me maps! I will credit you fully in the text file and add your name to the preview pic of the map.

> This mod will most likely not work with the disc version, but that doesn't matter too much since it's a multiplayer mod.

> The mod installs in a mod folder, leaving vanilla untouched.

> The install is simple; you only move 1 folder and copy 1 folder. Check the install instructions.

ownload:

Moved to its own thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-4a&p=15182221

ideos:

Moved to its own thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...eos&p=15182216

hangelog:

nstall file + Credits:

heck out mods using some of my files:

> LeafLess [Hides leaves when the camera is near]

> Age of Strife - Novgorod Rising

> Veni Vidi Veni [WIP]

> XV Century Total War [Igni Ferroque campaign submod by Bagatur Sasha]
    Last edited by AleksiMizaro; October 06, 2017 at 02:45 PM.

Default Re: Igni Ferroque

FIRST!!!!!!!!111!!!1!111!

Default Re: [B]Igni Ferroque[/B] Balance Mod

^ every typical first cancerous comment
    because why not?
    amright guys?

Quote Originally Posted by KingXDestroyer View Post
    FIRST!!!!!!!!111!!!1!111!
    Thanks for your help with the mod

Quote Originally Posted by AleksiMizaro View Post
    Thanks for your help with the mod
    cheers m8

maybe the furries might come? just replace the units with furry characters and they'll go like FURRY STOOF IS ART MORAN and ah ya cheeki breki iv damke

Default Re: 🔥 Igni Ferroque ⚔      ~~ Balance Mod

v2.1 released! Videos to come...

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Interesting idea you have here. Nice work.

Thanks

Finally made a video! Link me your video of this mod and I'll add it to the main post

Last edited by AleksiMizaro; March 13, 2016 at 05:56 AM.

Will there be a campaign for this mod, it seems a bit wasted just on multiplayer battles

Quote Originally Posted by Oliverthecat View Post
    Will there be a campaign for this mod, it seems a bit wasted just on multiplayer battles
    A few people have asked me if they can make a campaign for it but I'm still undecided. I'm currently working on a multiplayer campaign using a different program, but with the battles played out in m2tw using my mod.

Default Re: [NEW] 🔥 Igni Ferroque ⚔     ~~Multiplayer Mod

**UPDATE**

> 1000 views!!
    > v2.3 released! (FIERY DEATH UPDATE)

> Spiced up the forum post
    Last edited by AleksiMizaro; March 23, 2016 at 07:31 PM.

I made a basic showcase of the mod! If anyone makes a video using this mod, link it here and I'll add it to the main post.

I also have a lot planned for the next update.

I like your mod idea. Mods like Real Combat are more systematic/formulaic where stats are calculated from a formula, whereas your mod is more gut feeling when it comes to stats. What type is more accurate when it comes to balance and what can I expect if I use balance mods like Real Combat and Igni Ferroque?

Also can you make this mod for the other Kingdoms campaigns (Americas, Britannia and Crusades)?

Also how do you intend to balance the campaign as changing stats like cost and hitpoints has a real big effect on auto-resolve balance?

Quote Originally Posted by pak88 View Post
    I like your mod idea. Mods like Real Combat are more systematic/formulaic where stats are calculated from a formula, whereas your mod is more gut feeling when it comes to stats.
    Thanks, and good questions.

Stats can be very misleading especially considering the different weapon animations, so balancing just via stats does not work at all (believe me I tried ). Most of the balance from Igni Ferroque came from hours and hours of ingame testing so it's not quite gut feeling, but it might seem that way by looking just at the stats

What type is more accurate when it comes to balance and what can I expect if I use balance mods like Real Combat and Igni Ferroque?
    The main things people have said are that battles between similar skill levels tend to be a lot closer with any factions (in a match I was spectating one person killed 100% and lost 98%!). Also people have said they now enjoy factions they didn't in vanilla, and also like using units that they could never before (like zweihanders for HRE). The biggest thing is that there isn't that feeling of unfairness that there is in vanilla, where you're going against a faction that is better than yours - because in the mod every faction is just as good.

Also can you make this mod for the other Kingdoms campaigns (Americas, Britannia and Crusades)?
    I will not, sorry. They have tweaked game mechanics that are very different to vanilla and make it a lot harder to balance. Let me give you Britannia as an example:

In Britannia, armoured sergeants beat dismounted feudal knights! That's how ridiculous the mechanics are!

Also how do you intend to balance the campaign as changing stats like cost and hitpoints has a real big effect on auto-resolve balance?
    I've actually had multiple people ask me if they can make a campaign for me! I do not plan on making a single player campaign just because I don't like playing against the AI. I've spent 1000+ hours fighting against them and in most cases I can predict every move they're going to do - this is why I love fighting against players instead.

However, I am currently working on a campaign where it will be entirely PVP with no AI!

I will not, sorry. They have tweaked game mechanics that are very different to vanilla and make it a lot harder to balance. Let me give you Britannia as an example:

In Britannia, armoured sergeants beat dismounted feudal knights! That's how ridiculous the mechanics are!
    Why don't you just copy and paste your stats over the vanilla Kingdoms ones?

Besides there is also the new Kingdoms factions and units you would get to include.

Why don't you just copy and paste your stats over the vanilla Kingdoms ones?

Besides there is also the new Kingdoms factions and units you would get to include.
    As alex said earlier, its not as simple as copy pasting the stats as the game mechanics are different in the dlcs, also alex has already added units from the dlcs, (mangonels and greek firethrowers) and is planning to add the more favourable ones later on through the updates he pumps out

Quote Originally Posted by KingXDestroyer View Post
    As alex said earlier, its not as simple as copy pasting the stats as the game mechanics are different in the dlcs, also alex has already added units from the dlcs, (mangonels and greek firethrowers) and is planning to add the more favourable ones later on through the updates he pumps out
    This 100% ^

Thanks for clearing it up :p

and example would be rome 2: total war and attila: total war, they may use the same engine but the game mechanics are different, as is the vanilla game and the dlc, as the dlc is an expansion which has updated/changed game mechanics

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast