Thread: Soooo Upset! Please help!

Default Soooo Upset! Please help!

Wah!
    I bought this game after MONTHS of eager waiting. I have a good spec PC (fx-57, 7900gtx, 2 gb ocz plat, x-fi.)

The battles run fine but EVERY time I try to start a campaign I get the 'MTW ecountered an unspecified error, etc.....

I have tried re-installing but to no avail. I have had a good look but can't find ANY solution, no doubt I'm being dumb but ANY help would be great...

I sooooooo want to play this game....

Cheers.
    Last edited by Daymo66; December 03, 2006 at 05:15 PM.

Default Re: Soooo Upset! Please help!

Do you have the latest drivers?

Hadrian's Avatar MacMhaolian

@Daymo66,

I have almost the same specs (4000+ San Diego at 2.82Ghz, 2 7900GTX's, 2GB OCZ Plat) and I have had absolutely no problems, even on a 16,000 man custom battle. I'm using Forceware Driver version 91.48 and no vsync on the monitor. Try uninstalling and updating/changing drivers, then delete all temp files on hard drive, defrag HD and run security scans, then a clean reinstall and see how it goes....
    Hadrian
    Under the Patronage of PyrrhusIV
    Patron of jegui
    Keeper of the Faith

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm soooo pissed off with the problems I'm having it has SERIOUSLY affected my confidence in CA. MED TW2 is the ONE game I have been really looking foward to and the the reason I upgraded my PC prior to the 07 release of the 1c/maddox SOW sim.....

I have updated all the relevant drivers but to no avail! The problem is now slightly different

1) Loads campain map up, locks in black screen with spinning hourglass - needs re-boot

or

2) As above but has mouse pointer - pressing escape kicks to desktop

or

3) with the graph turnded down to 16bit gives brief view of map before booting up the 'Unspecified error' etc.....

ANYMORE ideas/advice on this would be great.

Cheers
    D

1) Loads campain map up, locks in black screen with spinning hourglass - needs re-boot

or

2) As above but has mouse pointer - pressing escape kicks to desktop

or
    iirc had precise same problems as u in the begining when i bought the game.
    normaly in "events" ull get the info on error : its something like "ur pc dont have the .dll or missed some remote what ever ( i cannot remember exactly ...)
    what i did then & solved the above:

- did un-install & download-install the latest drivers for vga & xfi.
    - full scan & defrag c: (lol)
    - removed "remote assistance" from firewall settings and un-cheked the " display a notification if firewall blocks a program"
    - in security center - disable " automatic apdates" - and set them in "services" at "manual"
    - daymo66 i s right (imho)
    and no vsync on the monitor.
    - hm thats about it.... ever since no problems no more....

- well when i run M2TW i dont have any anti - anything program running, and for the sake of best performance & seccurity i umplug the internet & disable the conection.

hope will help.

ps if u messed up ur "services" ( as i did some time ago ) check them agin. some might be conflicting within ur sistem.

I had the same error message with my system, c2d e6600 2gig ram x1900xtx etc.. I finally determined that 1 (brand new) stick of ram had gone bad and was causing me problems.
    Running memtest86 might be worth a shot if you've tried everythjng else.

BTW game runs wayyy better w/ that extra gig of memory! I'm using only 1 till I send off RMA and what a difference.

I have the same problem in the campaign. Sometimes it will work for a turn, sometimes up to three turns, but then it just crashes. All battles work just fine (I'm on an ahtlon64 3500+, gf6600gt, 2gbRAM, btw). Tried messing up with RAM, but it was to no avail. I'm hoping the patch will fix that. If not, Ill be stuck to playing it on my secondary system, which is about 4 years old, until I get a new system about six months from now... not a good thing
    believe in nothing.

Grrr!
    THIS GAME SUCKS!
    I HAVE dl 1.01 AND STILL THE SAME ISSUE!
    I have lots of games and this is the ONLY one to give me grief - NOT GOOD ENOUGH CA!

I don't want to have to pull ram out etc - I run the tricky heavily patched IL2 etc with NO issues yet not this!!!!

Anyideas as to what causes this error?

my game freezes and SHUTSDOWN my computer with it i haf a worser problem. pisssssssing

Any ideas anyone?

Regrets, I have three rigs, all Nforce4 chip-sets, bla-d-bla (see next thread). I have worked on this for a couple of weeks and have given up. In fact, I'm just lingering in the background to see how many others are having problems. Don't believe I'd recommend this game to anyone nor recommend pursuing any change that requires investing money. Sorry.

I have the same problem as Daymo66...I'll be playing the game for about 10min at best and then I get crashed if I'm lucky to my desktop. If my computer is being cranky it will reboot the computer. However, my problem occurs on all items of the game not just certain aspects. I'm running a Nvidia GeForce6100<---lol getting a new one in a few days Nvidia Geforce 7300 im hoping that will make a difference..Thanks

O and by the way what is like "The latest drivers?"