Thread: monoolho's Hero Unit Mod (for Attila)

monoolho's Avatar Libertus

Default monoolho's Hero Unit Mod (for Attila)

Well, since I released it today, I also posted the Shogun 2 mod on the forums, if you care.

This is my hero mod for Attila. Check out the steam workshop link here. Screenshots are already there. You can simply subscribe there and it should work flawlessly, except for the flaws left in by me.

Download link for those strong-hearted individuals who pride themselves in not accepting new accessibility for games' user-generated content:
    mediafire link

After much dedication and literally spending 3 times more time modding Attila than playing it (11 hours of play, 4 of those for bug-testing and around 30 modding, if not more) I therefore release mine own hero mod for Attila.

Yes, it's not much to look at, the cards are all crappily made and it's clearly an amateurish hackjob at modding, but hey, at least someone did it, eh? Although I did see some units like these around the workshop... Nevermind them.

What does it do?
    Instead of boring you with long descriptions and a fine example of my English skills, I will, instead, be giving you a fair description of this mod so you can easily understand it.

It adds my hero units to your game.

That's it.

How do them work, magnets?
    Pretty much like its cousin mod for Shogun, which you can check out via the collection or clicking right here, it adds 4 tiers of units:
    Following the game logic of Tiers:
    Tier 1 - The mercenaries. They are varied, they possess average skill and you can recruit 6 of each type (usually Sword, Axe, Spear and Twohanded) They are good and resilient. They're not great.

Tier 2 - Noble heroes - These are nicely-armoured individuals, that posses above-average skill. You can recruit 4 of each.

Tier 3 - Legendary heroes. These are somewhat unique, they rarely change clothes (graphics) and only one of each can be recruited at a time.

Tier 4 -Named Heroes and General - My personal... somewhat, heroes. I named them after whatever came to my mind. They are slightly more powerful than the other heroes. --- You can only recruit one of them at a time (and so do your enemies)

But, my good sir, how do we make them work in our game?
    Well that's simple: Raise an army and select the Hero general unit for the general, the rest of the heroes need a Major City. Any Major City should work, but no minor cities. Also, most heroes are tied to their culture, mostly. So romans to rome, germans to mostly everyone else, nomads to huns, nords to the nords (I have killed my share of stormcloaks today, have you?) and eastern heroes to eastern factions.

They are all awesome fighters... Up to a point. No hero can work alone (unfortunatelly). So, if it's your general against 600 enemy units, it'll take long for him to die, but he will. Last test took him 10 minutes to die, but he managed to kill only one unlucky bastard, so it was pretty much useless.

It was made to work with Grand Campaign, Charlemagne and Last Roman, but if something is out of place or simply wrong/not working, do tell me.
    I made them available to most Custom Battle factions, but I do know many are still missing or in the wrong place. I honestly don't care for custom battle generally.

If, for some reason, they never die, at all, tell me and I'll nerf the stats. But I believe their stats are good for now.

Should you also find any other bugs, please report. But it SHOULD be fully functional.

Planned features:
    - Make heroes for the latest Slav Pack when I get it;
    - Make heroes for the Desert people, when I have the time;
    - Fix the custom battle setup generally;
    - Add more legendary and named heroes.

Do you like to create units but don't have the patience, and want your hero here? Well, check out the discussion on the workshop and see what you can do to improve this mod! (click here)

Compatibility:
    During testing, creation and all-purpose playing, my Attila was ALWAYS running with Radious Total War Mod (unit packs 1 and 2) so it should work with anything.

Thank you for choosing monoolho's mods.

madrush's Avatar Senator

Default Re: monoolho's Hero Unit Mod (for Attila)

is it possible to create real/borderline legendary heroes?
    examples
    Picts/Caledonia- Calgocus
    Geats/Jutes/Danes- Beowulf
    Ebdanians- Cu Cullain (not sure on spelling)
    Norse factions/Britain/saxons- Harold Hedroda (was a danish exiled king that joined the varangian guard for the ERE)

Default Re: monoolho's Hero Unit Mod (for Attila)

IS it possible to make those veteran agents that add experience to your army into hero units?