Thread: Help change unit upkeep/recruitment cost 4 player

Default Help change unit upkeep/recruitment cost 4 player

Appreciate some pointers/advise on how to change unit upkeep and recruitment cost for human player only. Basically i wanted to make the campaign game more challenging by increasing the units' cost and or upkeep for the player by say 100% while allowing the AI to recruit/upkeep at the original cost. Therefore directly changing the cost/upkeep of each individual unit is not gonna work since that will affect the AI as well.

A possibly way to change the units' upkeep would be to have a script that multiples the player's military upkeep cost at the start of each turn. However im unfamiliar with the syntax in total war scripting and would appreciate if someone could provide the script for such an effect.

Changing unit recruitment cost for player only is prob more difficult and maybe even impossible but i hope some bright minds here might have thought of a method it.

Finally, does not matter if the your method requires the unpacker or if it is based on RTW and not MTW. Thanx for any of your help on this.

nightwar's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Help change unit upkeep/recruitment cost 4 pla

That would be the EDU file which is packed away. so You cannot change that until patch.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

And in any case that is unmoddable if the edu is like the RTW one, where upkeep costs for a unit apply to both the ai and human player equally.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Beware: Ugly code.
    You can probably script some stuff by using the FactionIncome and SupportCostsPercentage conditions with a lot of if statements. But as I said, ugly code.

As stated in the starting post, editing the unit cost/upkeep directly in the export_descr_unit.txt is not what i am looking for since it will affect both AI and human.

Alpaca : ugly code is fine with me as long as it works, could you at least point me to a place with a list of scripting syntax/commands? I was not even aware there is something call SupportCostsPercentage.

Thanx

Ok found the list of conditions/commands at http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=73016.

Browse through the files and it seemed that what I am trying to do is impossible with the limited set of conditions/commands. Hopefully someone can correct me in this.
    Last edited by Trajan; December 02, 2006 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Merged non-duplicate double post.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Yes I actually misinterpreted the FactionIncome condition as income, not profit.

Hmm actually thought about some even more ugly code but it's so ugly that I don't want to post it.
    Last edited by alpaca; December 02, 2006 at 04:27 PM.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Moved to Text Editing and Scripting.